Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 01:22 AM

3,353 posts, read 6,440,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Common Anomaly View Post
Obama cut taxes for millions of working Americans and Cons opposed.

Why do you lie?
The most hilarious thing I've heard thus far was how in MD we have a bag-tax, and somehow that was Obama's fault.

I'm not sure how the Obama administration is in regards to taxation, but is he cutting taxes while raising others? If so, that's not truly a tax cut.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2013, 01:23 AM

1,724 posts, read 1,471,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
But you think Obama has had nothing to do with more of the debt even though it is now at 17 trillion and he wants to borrow more?
Most of the debt is the continuation of old policies and the recession.

Obama only signed deficit reductions plans for the plans 4 years.

Then again, you are just a delusional Con who probably thinks Obama is expanding deficits...lmao.

Old 10-17-2013, 01:24 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,508,893 times
Quote:
^^Delusional and cannot accept reality of Obama lowering taxes while Cons opposed.
Link? You do know people now are forced to pay for insurance even if they are young and healthy and don't want it? I think most will just pay the fine since it is cheaper that way. I wonder if you are in that catagory or if you are still on your parents insurance and it won't affect you.

Old 10-17-2013, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Most of the debt is the continuation of old policies and the recession.

Obama only signed deficit reductions plans for the plans 4 years.

Then again, you are just a delusional Con who probably thinks Obama is expanding deficits...lmao.
I thought Obama said he would fix the problem by now. At least, that is why most people who voted for him believed. I know your answer----it's Bush's fault Obama can't fix anything.

Old 10-17-2013, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Link? You do know people now are forced to pay for insurance even if they are young and healthy and don't want it? I think most will just pay the fine since it is cheaper that way. I wonder if you are in that catagory or if you are still on your parents insurance and it won't affect you.
So Obama did not lower payroll taxes while Cons objected?

FFS, Cons are already rewriting history, like they did with the civil rights movement.

Sorry, but no one with a sound mind is buying your BS.

3,353 posts, read 6,440,528 times
Quote:
But you think Obama has had nothing to do with more of the debt even though it is now at 17 trillion and he wants to borrow more?
The first $1 trillion deficit, in fact the largest deficit in US history occurred under Bush if I'm not mistaken during his last year, now I'm not sure if Democrat or Republican politicians have a way to deal with these staggering numbers in a feasible way, but just as I proposed yesterday, we should create a Sovereign Wealth Fund and permit the Federal Govt to drill on federal lands and exchange a few percent of that is invested into infrastructure that create jobs, while the remaining is saved. Another thing I proposed yesterday is for the US to begin building a FOREX (foreign reserve) to at least balance things out between us and our creditors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackscorpion View Post
man, you really must have nothing better to do.
You want to answer for him?

Old 10-17-2013, 01:29 AM

Quote:
So Obama did not lower payroll taxes while Cons objected?

FFS, Cons are already rewriting history, like they did with the civil rights movement.

Sorry, but no one with a sound mind is buying your BS.
That Obama said he knew how to fix the economy? Sorry that is his BS not ours.

Last edited by janelle144; 10-17-2013 at 01:39 AM..

Old 10-17-2013, 01:33 AM

Quote:
That Obama said he knew how to fix the economy? Sorry that is his BS now ours.
Ever since the GOP took over Congress in 2010, they managed to shave off 1% of annualized growth and 1.4 off the UE rate.

Without Republicans *******s, we would be $500 billion richer and have an UE rate under six percent - 5.9%.
http://pgpf.org/sites/default/files/...fullreport.pdf

Way to go Cons! Keep on harming America with your misguided ideology.

I am sorry, I cannot take Republicans seriously anymore.

Old 10-17-2013, 01:35 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,299,308 times
Quote:
Health care is just a part of our debt. What about the other parts?
How about the military part where we spend more on military than the rest of the world combined.
How about those owners of manufacturing companies that move their plants to China.
If i were trying to pay down a major debt i think i'd be focusing on where the money is and not expecting those on food stamps to solve the problem.
I'd also not put too much blame on a President who's opposition seems to delight in thwarting everything he tries to do by obstruction,filibuster and voting no on anything he tries to enact to solve the problems..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies