Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 04:44 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,542,326 times

Advertisements

WE'RE PRINTING MONEY TO FUND THE OBUMMER DEFICITS.

Bots are arrogant and ignorant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2013, 05:00 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,260,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Whats the point of having a DEBT 'CEILING' if they keep raising it??
You bring up a great point! There really is no logical reason to have a debt ceiling and with the exception of Denmark and the USA, no country has one.

http://www.gao.gov/new.items/d11203.pdf

Old 10-17-2013, 05:14 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,945,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
And you borrow but are not concerned with interest and paying back your loans? Even a household has to be concerned with debt.
You do realize that the government is paying the same amount of dollars in interest that it did in 2007, right?

From a macroeconomic standpoint, trying to reduce the debt now, which would mean running a surplus in a weak economy, would cause a recession that would undermine deficit reduction targets. It is ar better to what until the nation is closer to full employment.

The national economy is not a household. If a household cuts spending it has little singular effect on the economy but it saves. If everyone cuts spending we have a depression.

Moreover, the deficit has already been cut dramatically.

Old 10-17-2013, 05:20 AM

4,156 posts, read 4,173,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
I noticed you evaded the question.

You have to look at revenue, cost and governance of expenditures. Borrowing in itself, is not bad (although, it very well can be).
Borrowing in itself is not bad, it is actually a tool if you understand how debt work, but obviously, our government don't.

If you are a business as claimed, then you know running a business on debt is bad. It is bad because your creditor will one day stop the credit flowing and you will have to liquidated your business.

Of course, if you pay yourself really well (transfer business asset to personal) like the politicians do to themselves, who give a eff if the country go default. It screws the creditors and the politicians is not even the one who is paying the bill. Just kick the can down the road and let other worry about the problem.

Old 10-17-2013, 05:25 AM

4,156 posts, read 4,173,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
You do realize that the government is paying the same amount of dollars in interest that it did in 2007, right?

From a macroeconomic standpoint, trying to reduce the debt now, which would mean running a surplus in a weak economy, would cause a recession that would undermine deficit reduction targets. It is ar better to what until the nation is closer to full employment.

The national economy is not a household. If a household cuts spending it has little singular effect on the economy but it saves. If everyone cuts spending we have a depression.

Moreover, the deficit has already been cut dramatically.
No the deficit go. If I remembered correctly, the deficit was 12 trillions when Obama took over in 2008, now over 17 trillions. This is the "official" number.

The best way to stimulate an economy is cut tax and reduce regulations. I am a small business owner and I can't tell you how much paper work I have to do every day just to make sure I keep track of all my record and I didn't break any regulation. More than 10% of my time is use to keep up with regulation and paper work. I didn't even know it can be so frustrated just wanted to pay my tax and move on.

Old 10-17-2013, 05:32 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,469,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
WE'RE PRINTING MONEY TO FUND THE OBUMMER DEFICITS.

Bots are arrogant and ignorant.
Whose deficits?
Enough Said / Sources of public debt - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Old 10-17-2013, 05:49 AM

1,806 posts, read 1,737,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
ZoNATION: Raising the Debt Ceiling on a House of Maxed Out Credit Cards - Alfonzo Rachel

"Zo is wondering if he’s experiencing Deja Vu, because he could have sworn this has happened before. Many times actually. The government digs us deeper in to debt and deficit, but it’s ok, as long as they raise our debt ceiling? Is the government going to demonstrate insanity by doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result, or will they stop relying on raising the debt ceiling, and start showing fiscal sanity? Hear more in this Zo Nation"

Zo is so right.
Zo is an idiot. Zo doesn't talk about what would actually happen if the government wasn't borrowing money right now. Some people around here should come up with their own opinions.

Old 10-17-2013, 06:54 AM

2,908 posts, read 3,872,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
I noticed you evaded the question.

You have to look at revenue, cost and governance of expenditures. Borrowing in itself, is not bad (although, it very well can be).
Borrowing is the only thing that keeps our economy afloat. It is a house of cards.

Old 10-17-2013, 07:04 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
The issue is that there is no one to tell Congress "No, you cannot do that anymore."

Old 10-17-2013, 10:59 AM

229 posts, read 163,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remoddahouse View Post
Zo is an idiot. Zo doesn't talk about what would actually happen if the government wasn't borrowing money right now. Some people around here should come up with their own opinions.

We want all this terrific stuff, but we don't make enough to pay for it. I get it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies