Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 05:46 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,033,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Is refusal to pay your bills really a conservative principle ?
No, but doing something about our debt, our spending certainly is. But its not a principle of the current liberals and establishment
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2013, 05:47 AM

1,806 posts, read 1,736,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
These are the GOP US Senators who voted along with all the Democrats last night. If you are a conservative don't let them lie to you about their conservative bonafides. Kick them out of office if they are running for re-election. Both of mine are there and they are "dead to me." (Note to the politically correct: Dead to me is an expression that as far as you are concerned, they are nowhere men. It does not imply actual death so don't go apes**t.) One of mine keeps advertising about how conservative he is. It's BS.

YEAs

Vote these GOP Senators out of office in your primaries:

Alexander (R-TN)
Ayotte (R-NH)
Barrasso (R-WY)
Blunt (R-MO)
Boozman (R-AR)
Burr (R-NC)
Chambliss (R-GA)
Chiesa (R-NJ)
Coats (R-IN)
Cochran (R-MS)
Collins (R-ME)
Corker (R-TN)
Fischer (R-NE)
Flake (R-AZ)
Graham (R-SC)
Hatch (R-UT)
Hoeven (R-ND)
Isakson (R-GA)
Johanns (R-NE)
Kirk (R-IL)
McCain (R-AZ)
McConnell (R-KY)
Moran (R-KS)
Murkowski (R-AK)
Portman (R-OH)
Thune (R-SD)
Wicker (R-MS)
That they aren't childish, pandering, emotional, tea bagging whiners doesn't make them not conservative. What we have as conservatives right now are a bunch of idiots.

I mean, I get that most of the whiny faux conservatives on here don't care much about the shut down because they don't have any money in the market and don't pay much in taxes, but the real conservatives around here do.

Old 10-17-2013, 05:48 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,766,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Tea Party blowback. All the right wing dinosaurs on C-D are sinking in pools of tar, shrieking to the moon as they hurtle towards extinction.
They jumped the shark. The ground has shifted under their feet and now their once powerful grip on DC is slipping. Get ready for the crazy to get turned up to 11.

Old 10-17-2013, 05:48 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
No, but doing something about our debt, our spending certainly is.
There is a huge difference between doing something, and doing something really stupid. What just happened was dumb. They tried to bluff with a losing hand, when everyone knew their cards.

Quote:
But its not a principle of the current liberals and establishment
It has not been the principle for either side. It has been a talking point for conservatives, but they have always added onto the debt as opposed to reducing it.

Old 10-17-2013, 05:50 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,104,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Is refusal to honor your obligations really a conservative principle ?

Apparently so.

Old 10-17-2013, 05:52 AM

Quote:
No, but doing something about our debt, our spending certainly is. But its not a principle of the current liberals and establishment

Again, bovine excrement.

EVERYONE is for "cutting spending" until it directly affects them.

Face it, we're a nation of hypocrites.

Old 10-17-2013, 05:58 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
Jeez, I put "If you are a conservative" in boldface font...

I don't give a flying you-know-what about what the rest of you do.

Old 10-17-2013, 05:59 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,466,132 times
Quote:
We`re all against wasteful spending including the $24 billion the childish shutdown cost us.

Old 10-17-2013, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Jeez, I put "If you are a conservative" in boldface font...

I don't give a flying you-know-what about what the rest of you do.

That was mature.

Old 10-17-2013, 06:04 AM

3,417 posts, read 3,071,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdPosition View Post
Looks like can get rid of a few of them. The rest don't come up for re election until 2016 or 2018.
its getting to a point, that by 2016, only about 10 people in this country will be considered true conservatives. based of the standards of the tea party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies