Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 09:08 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,120,803 times

Advertisements

A hero is someone that makes self-sacrifices, like the guys that run into burning buildings to save a stranger, not the putz that causes grief to others while advancing a self-seving agenda. Gee I wonder how many people $24 billion could have helped through education and various programs. The same "I got mine so **** you mentality" that some find worthy of worship. What screwed up sensibilities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2013, 09:11 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,492,393 times
Many people thought Joseph McCarthy was a hero, too. Striking similarities between the two America-haters.

See for yourself: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-BxNpT3khRh...1600/cruz1.jpg

Old 10-17-2013, 09:17 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,644,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
Ted Cruz has a BA from Princeton and a law degree from Harvard.
Neither of those indicates any degree of common sense. As an example of someone with a similar intellect who is a highly educated idiot, I will give you one name: George W. Bush.

Upon further review, I see the point you were making.

Old 10-17-2013, 09:17 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,220,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
What has Ted Cruz done besides heroically promote Ted Cruz?

People are dropping the GOP like an apple with a worm in it. Cruz is more like the worm.
He did exactly what he said he would do when texas elected him. I know ems hate people that actually do what they say . the rise or fall of the GOP will be determined by how well Obama care works. If it works the republicans will not be elected. if it fails the republicans are not done. Now that the president refused to negotiate Obama care the republicans should follow suit and make it non negotiated. The Dems built it passed it would not change it make it their baby. If it works as well as the Obama care web site works then the republicans are more alive then you think.

Old 10-17-2013, 09:18 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,727,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Ted Cruz and his supporters are Republican heros. They represent the best of what American politics should be, and should sreve as a model for the Republican Party of the future.
right, that must be why America hates him so much

Old 10-17-2013, 09:21 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,220,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
right, that must be why America hates him so much
Left wing America hates him and fears him. After all he did what he said he would do when texas elected him
Left wing Americans hate people that do what they said they would do

Old 10-17-2013, 09:25 AM

1,696 posts, read 1,714,475 times
Firstly the $31 Billion dollar medical billing program...that would be a Bush legacy.

If the Tea Party thinks the way to win is by attacking their own among the Republicans, purging anyone who is insufficiently 'pure', they are deluding themselves. You don't win elections by making yourself less inclusive.

They are done for. They'll wiggle a while, like a lizard's tail when it's been cut off, but they won't move an inch forward.

Old 10-17-2013, 09:27 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,727,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Left wing America hates him and fears him. After all he did what he said he would do when texas elected him
Left wing Americans hate people that do what they said they would do
i fear him, like I fear a toddler playing with a loaded assault rifle

he's toying with dangerous things that he doesn't understand.

Old 10-17-2013, 09:30 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
And Cruz wasted $24 billion of our money. He should be made to donate the money he raised to help defray the costs of The Cruz Follies. It's unconscionable that he raised money off the backs of hardworking Americans and our good credit rating, which the Republicans are slowly destroying.

Who controls the votes in the House:

Nancy Pelosi: 198
John Boehner: 87
Ted Cruz: 144
I'll go for that as long as Obama can donate $600 million he wasted on building the Obamacare website. How much did he waste on shovel ready jobs?

Old 10-17-2013, 09:35 AM

229 posts, read 163,701 times
The Constitutional Conservative movement was created by the supporters of Ron Paul, because of GW. Bush and what he was doing. Is it any wonder they go after Obama and the GOP establishment for the same things. Taxing & spending
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies