Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 03:12 PM

6,756 posts, read 8,578,245 times

Advertisements

[quote=Lucario;31849821]Who has said anything racist about Cruz?

If the questions of obama's citizenship "were purely racial and xenophobic", why don't the same standards apply to Cruz? I am just trying to find the line where the circumstances obama's birth are unquestionable, but the parallels to Cruz are hard fact establishing that he isn't eligable.

Cruz was not born in this country, and he was not born on American diplomatic or military property abroad. That is a very different situation from that of Obama, whose candidacy was under attack for reasons that were purely racial and xenophobic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post

Here's where all of your logic fails - there should never have been any questions about Obama's citizenship. The questions about Cruz's citizenship come from the fact that he was not born in the United States.

Another case of false equivalency.
Apparently, we are arguing on the same side because there should have never been any question about Cruz's citizenship either.

As he had an American mother who was born in Wimington Delaware.

Is Ted Cruz a Natural Born Citizen?

Eleanor Darragh, mother of Ted Cruz, was raised in Delaware, graduated from a Catholic High School in the U.S., as well as Rice University, so clearly she meets the residency requirements.

end quote:

To clarify what I am telling you;

quote:

many incorrectly assume one has to be born in a U.S. state or territory of two citizen parents to be a natural born citizen, but the term “natural born citizen” refers to citizenship at birth rather than through naturalization. The 14th amendment states:
All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside.
Ted Cruz was not born in a U.S. state or territory, so clearly he is not a birthright citizen under the 14th amendment. However, under the McCarran-Walter Act, he was still born a citizen, which makes Ted Cruz a natural born citizen. The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services summarizes the laws in effect when Ted Cruz was born:

end quote:

The text of that act is quoted in my previous post.

So unless you wish to become a raving, wild eyed "Birther", why not instead argue his abilities and his positions instead of his birthplace?
Again, obama set the precedence making all these arguments about citizenship moot.

I don't know the guy, I am not at this point backing his candidacy for president, (he has not announced it anyway), I just appreciate his willingness to stand up for what he believes, and his courage to take the slings and arrows of a completely hostile media.

It shows guts, and I appreciate that in a senator. We could use more of that in washington these days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2013, 03:20 PM

2,189 posts, read 2,605,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary54mi View Post
Sorry do not agree. It was through Obama's manipulations that we had a shutdown.

Ted Cruz is an inspiration. He is rational clear thinking and a great communicator. Coming form neighbor Canada he has a more objective eye on what is relevant and good goal for this country. IMHO he is pushing for our return to being a people run government not the monarchy king Obama is creating. He is also aware that the present day middle road republicans are on shaky ground with their constituents since they have sold our freedom to the highest bidder. He is a leader.
I was vaguely aware he was from another country but with your statement that he is an inspirational Canadian, there is the obvious question that coming from Canada he no doubt benefited from Canadian health care, either his parents with maternity care or himself personally. I would have more respect for him if he were pushing for a Canadian universal health care model but all I heard was take the country down to get rid of ACA. With all his anti ACA rhetoric what actual suggestions did he have in place of ACA?

Old 10-17-2013, 03:37 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,447,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Ted Cruz and his supporters are Republican heros. They represent the best of what American politics should be, and should sreve as a model for the Republican Party of the future. The Party "establishment," the Dynasty, must come to an end.

I stumbled across this speech by Michelle Malkin. She articulates well what the Tea Party is about, and why it must continue.

"Dissent is patriotic ... we need more of it within the Republican Party and the Republican Party movement."

How apropos to the recent debate and what Ted Cruz and his supporters have done.

Michelle Malkin - YouTube
ha ha ha...

You're quite the comedian. Riddle me this: why is favorable public opinion of GOP at 28% (lowest ever recorded)?

Why do numerous polls put blame on GOP by a good 22 point margin?,

Why is Ted Cruz's favorability rating somewhere in the 20s as well?

Why is the tea party's favorability rating dropping down to 1 in 3?

Gallup: Cruz

Tea Party

Old 10-17-2013, 03:43 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,381,429 times
Default As heroic as a vulture

Cruz and the tea party are currently being slammed like a screen door in a hurricane. Nothing good can be said about what he did, what the tea party represents, or the future of either.

There is nothing "heroic" about what he has done.

Old 10-17-2013, 04:17 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
we need a man in the white house. or a woman with some nuts. not an ivy league, don't spank your kids, eat wheatgrass for breakfast, plant made cloth wearing sissy. a person who will tell it like it is and not whine about everything. a person who knows what it is like to struggle. these presidents are all ivy league. they are all the same. all buddies. report to the same puppet masters.
Cruz is absolutely from the 'ivy league'.

Old 10-17-2013, 04:18 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,759,513 times
This thread has made my day....

Old 10-17-2013, 08:49 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,966,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Cruz and the tea party are currently being slammed like a screen door in a hurricane. Nothing good can be said about what he did, what the tea party represents, or the future of either.

There is nothing "heroic" about what he has done.
Cruz was a godsend for the Democrats. Was it accidental?

Old 10-17-2013, 09:03 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,318,192 times
Quote:
He and his supporters did no such thing. It was the Democrats, who refused to negotiate (and that includes Barack H. Obama) who did that.

Nice try.
You do realize that many of the teabaggers ran on ending ACA and shutting down the government or are you in denial?

Old 10-17-2013, 09:05 PM

Quote:
In liberals tiny minds only. We don't give a damn what you think.
Apparently or the rest of the country either

Old 10-17-2013, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Well, mayb Fox News isn't the ultra right news service that you think it is, huh?
No, it means despite of all the crap that they feed to the gullible, even they have a limit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies