Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 03:17 PM

29,095 posts, read 25,950,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Where in God's name do you get your facts? The data is the data. I think you're smoking something good. Jealous!
The data shows the GOP retained the House while adding seats while holding the Senate to a very skim margin of control in the Senate.

It was a deadlock.

Only in liberal la-la land could someone like yourself say that the Democrats gained a handful seats while not winning control of the House and call it a "Democrat victory".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2013, 03:23 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,252,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
The data shows the GOP retained the House while adding seats while holding the Senate to a very skim margin of control in the Senate.

It was a deadlock.

Only in liberal la-la land could someone like yourself say that the Democrats gained a handful seats while not winning control of the House and call it a "Democrat victory".
GOP lost seats in the house. I don't know what you're talking about there.

And if you choose to "forget" the huge victory that the GOP so embarrassingly was projected to win and threw it away ... well, I know it makes the sting a little less painfui. Whatever delusions float your boat, Harrier. I expect nothing intelligent from you, so I'm never disappointed.

Old 10-18-2013, 03:26 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,560,380 times
There is a lot of misinformation going around about the ACA from both sides. One piece that has been proven false to me is the promise of reduced costs. My premium just went up 39%, and my deductible went up $2,000. In my research, that claim now gets 5 Pinocchios.

Old 10-18-2013, 03:53 PM
Status: "On the road with Kid Charlamagne" (set 14 days ago)

8,018 posts, read 5,822,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post

5 YEARS NOW, OBAMA should have it together by this time. His talking points don't matter at this point in his game.

In my opinion both party's are losers, but the biggest losers are us. I want to see a new party emerge that can give the current two, a run for their damn money. But how many of you really want something new and refreshing, so many use to the same old same old!

The government on down, has failed.
Lots of truth here.

Regardless of whether you vote R or D, we are indeed the biggest losers.

We need a new party, because the two dominant parties are irretrievably broken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
You lost, so don't you think it is time you stopped sniveling and whining?
Actually, WE ALL lost.

There are no 'winners' at our level. Some of us just realize it faster than others.

Old 10-18-2013, 03:57 PM

45 posts, read 75,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
In 1993, the then-version of Obamacare (called Hillarycare after the co-President's pushing of it) was roundly defeated after Billary made a fatal mistake: They wrote a book describing what was in it, and they published it.

The American people read the book, expressed astonishment, and buried their congresscritters with calls, cards, letters, and even telegrams, demanding that they vote against it. Reaction was so strong, that the program was never even brought to a vote.

Fast forward to 2013. The Obots have been careful not to repeat the grievous error of telling the American people what they intended to impose on them. The closest anyone ever came, was a slip of the tongue by the President, saying he wanted to "spread the wealth around", and a secretive non-statement from Nancy Pelosi who said "You have to pass the bill to find out what's in it".

Public reaction was still strongly negative, so the Obots resorted to bribing Democrat congressmen with Federal project money right and left, granting exceptions and waivers to any who still resisted, and holding votes at midnight the day before Christmas, to sneak it through when the American people were least alert.

So Obamacare was carefully hidden from the public until after it was passed and signed.

But the American people had to find out sometime. And now, with the Obamacare exchanges open for business and chock full of details on what it will and won't cover, how much people's premiums will increase (often doubling or tripling),and how much they will have to pay before ANY coverage kicks in ($6,000 or more deductible)... finally the American people are getting their first good look at the leftists' agenda for them.

To no one's surprise, they hate it, almost to a man. And that's BEFORE they found out the hard way, that the system is so poorly set up, that they cannot sign up for it even when the law forces them to, or face stiff penalties.

In 1993, once the people found out what the leftists intended (by reading the book about it), they kicked the leftists out of office in huge numbers, handing large majorities to the Republicans for years to come.

Today, the people are (finally) finding out once again, what the leftists intend. Unsurprisingly, it's not much different from they intended in 1993.

And the next Congressional election, is next year.

What do you suppose will happen? Again?
I am against Obamacare because it does not go far enough to a SINGLE-PAYER system. Trust me, the rest of the civilized can't be all wrong and us right. ;-)
This is coming from somebody that has used both the private and public health insurance schemes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies