Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 12:36 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFi View Post
I guess the millions of successful black Americans didn't get the memo that they are disadvantaged.
Nobody said anyone was disadvantaged, and I referred to obstacles that black folks - including President Obama - encounter that are specific to them. I'm pretty damn successful, and I know what goes on out here.

Do you know any successful black Americans? Do you know any black folks, period?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2013, 12:40 PM

241 posts, read 245,955 times
Quote:
I guess the millions of successful black Americans didn't get the memo that they are disadvantaged.
lol, that answer doesnt even makes sense......so have millions of mexicans, white and every other race.
But statistics still have the black community and the bottom of the rung. Why are all other communities
growing and theirs is stagnant.

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
If I had a dollar for every time I heard someone from the right say that Obama and liberalism is destroying their Grand children's future, I could pay off the national debt. How can you argue, on one hand, that an "ism" (liberalism) of today can transcend time and impact negatively upon your grand children, yet, vehemently reject the proposition that blacks, today, are negatively impacted by "isms" (racism) of their grand parents generation?

Why is it that when blacks complain about the "isms" that we feel harm us that the right say we have a victim mentality, yet, they do not see their complaints about the "isms" that they feel harm them as the victim mentality? Why can't personal responsibility, hard work and "good culture" insulate people from liberalism as it is argued that would insulate black folks,from racism, if we had those traits....as such is said to be our REAL problem.

The only victim mentality is exhibited by those who refuse to take the responsibility for their own disasterous choices.

Now, as far as racism, it's taught, not genetic. When people stop looking at race first, then maybe we can become the nation we are supposed to be.

9,127 posts, read 7,943,324 times
Here is an example. How can separatists claim their reasoning for state's rights and secession was fordged by thier "southren culture" herritage; and ask those that bring up the long lasting effects of slavery to "get over it"?

How can you claim your right to secede and your state's rights come from your "southren culture" and expect eveyone to still hold those grievences valid?

If you want me to forget slavery...give up your stupid dream of secession and a state's sovereign superiority.

Old 10-17-2013, 12:41 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,707,171 times
Quote:
Were you not arguing yesterday about black low performance relative to whites and Asians? That having been said, despite years of GREAT SOCIETY LIBERALISM......I don't see any rich conservatives going hungry, despite the national debt.

Old 10-17-2013, 12:41 PM

2,137 posts, read 1,902,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Nobody said anyone was disadvantaged, and I referred to obstacles that black folks - including President Obama - encounter that are specific to them. I'm pretty damn successful, and I know what goes on out here.

Do you know any successful black Americans? Do you know any black folks, period?
No Lucario, I've never seen a black person, only on T.V.

So now having obstacles is some kind of distinguishing factor? Everyone has their little problems. What do you want, reparations? Will you have to provide some kind of documentation to prove your obstacles or will they scan your skin tone with a sensor to determine your eligibility?

Old 10-17-2013, 12:44 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
So white racism ended with emancipation? Don't expect to be taken seriously today with your hyperbolic rebuttals.

That having been said, generations of not being allowed to accumulate wealth, and hence transfer wealth to the next generation, due to racism, is the transference of financial generational.
What affect do you think Obama's attitudes and actions, as well as inflamatory statements he has made, have had on racism?

Obama has done much to reignite racism in this country. We can see this by the sudden increase across the country of black mob violence angainst whites. Google it, if you don't believe it.

Old 10-17-2013, 12:46 PM

2,137 posts, read 1,902,620 times
Quote:
Were you not arguing yesterday about black low performance relative to whites and Asians? That having been said, despite years of GREAT SOCIETY LIBERALISM......I don't see any rich conservatives going hungry, despite the national debt.
Yesterday I was arguing to stop keeping track of race, suggesting that the problems of poor performing cultures would benefit from that.

Old 10-17-2013, 12:47 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,112,677 times
Quote:
It seems to me that stupid would be exemplified more in refuting an assertion that was never made. I don't know.....its just me.....but when I read the title it does not say "why can the impact of liberalism transcend time and not the impact of slavery".

The average African American is at least a 10th generation Americans. If you add up all the centuries where white racism, in whatever form (slavery, Jim Crow, legal, independent racist a-holes power tripping), has cost that generation in wealth accumulation, given that wealth is past on to the next generation, how is that different from debt passed on from one generation to the next?

Not only that, racism has passed down and unequal starting point legacy. Each generation starts in the socioeconomic position and economic geography that the generation that begot them was in at the time of their birth. Thus, if a family was stunted socioeconomically and culturally by racism, then children born will start their race of life from that inherited disadvantage. Its not as if each generation is "RESET" to compete for scarce opportunities from the same socioeconomic position and condition.
I wasn't sure what to make of this thread until I got to this post. Great point.

Old 10-17-2013, 12:48 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Here is an example. How can separatists claim their reasoning for state's rights and secession was fordged by thier "southren culture" herritage; and ask those that bring up the long lasting effects of slavery to "get over it"?

How can you claim your right to secede and your state's rights come from your "southren culture" and expect eveyone to still hold those grievences valid?

If you want me to forget slavery...give up your stupid dream of secession and a state's sovereign superiority.
And put away the gd Confederate flags!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies