Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 09:57 PM

229 posts, read 163,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
Who is "everyone"? Is there someone by that name I'm unfamiliar with?

I have NEVER been interested in RP, not even for dogcatcher.

Where do you think the Constitutional Conservative movement came from?

Us Ron Paul crazies, got the label placed on us in 2006 as we got big enough to get noticed, but we originally started as a very small band in 1987, after supporting Ron in the 1988 elections.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2013, 11:04 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,072,806 times
the tea party is beginning to look like frauds to me. They are no more fiscally responsible than us tax and spend liberals. Their grassroots has be a complete failure since the 2011 debt ceiling drama. Seriously, they wanted a shutdown, got one, and than came up small when it mattered the most. 0 concessions from Obama, never got 1 red state senate democrat to buck party leadership, they failed twice to capture the senate, and couldn't even get their tea party darling michelle Bachmann to win the primary for president. The biggest driver of our debt is Medicare, but they're ****ing *******, and won't cut their own benefits, but yet them claim to be the adults in the room when it comes to being fiscally responsible.

Old 10-17-2013, 11:17 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,531,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
The people who shout about it the most have no idea who, what, why, or how it exists. Thus, they feel free to make up anything when talking about it.
This differs from conservatives, moderates, liberals... how?

Old 10-17-2013, 11:18 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,718,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
the tea party is beginning to look like frauds to me. They are no more fiscally responsible than us tax and spend liberals. Their grassroots has be a complete failure since the 2011 debt ceiling drama. Seriously, they wanted a shutdown, got one, and than came up small when it mattered the most. 0 concessions from Obama, never got 1 red state senate democrat to buck party leadership, they failed twice to capture the senate, and couldn't even get their tea party darling michelle Bachmann to win the primary for president. The biggest driver of our debt is Medicare, but they're ****ing *******, and won't cut their own benefits, but yet them claim to be the adults in the room when it comes to being fiscally responsible.

Medicare has been totally off the radar of Republicans. They might as well call it Republicare or TPcare. They hate the ACA and yet they love a program that costs almost 6 times as much. Should taxpayers be shouldering the burden for someone earning $85,000 per year on Medicare when all subsidies are cut off at around $28,000 for the ACA. Can a Tea Partier answer that...don't think so.

Old 10-17-2013, 11:23 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,072,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
Medicare has been totally off the radar of Republicans. They might as well call it Republicare or TPcare. They hate the ACA and yet they love a program that costs almost 6 times as much. Should taxpayers be shouldering the burden for someone earning $85,000 per year on Medicare when all subsidies are cut off at around $28,000 for the ACA. Can a Tea Partier answer that...don't think so.
This is what I constantly get from the tea party when it comes to cutting

1. eliminate all foreign aid
2. cut pay for everybody in congress
3. Eliminate fraud waste and abuse
4. end all welfare

Old 10-17-2013, 11:41 PM

624 posts, read 939,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nezlie View Post
Are they a different party?

Are they anti-business?

Whada you think?
(1) Not yet, but they may be soon. They could split voluntarily or by force, but a growing number of GOP legislators are considering them incompatible with the party platform and ideals. They could pull off the split, IMO. They have the war chest, the leaders, and the base. They would outnumber any existing "3rd party".

(2) I'm not sure that was the intention, but the business community is starting to think so.

(3) I think people impressed by the TP ideals and message are going to have to face that the TP is no longer a grassroots collective (if it ever really was). They made the first mistake of "establishment"...electing people to legislative office under their moniker. The minute they did that, the movement left their hands. They will inevitably end up like any other party, with big-name leaders whose interests will drift away from their own. The rhetoric will remain, but the behavior will betray a different reality.

Old 10-17-2013, 11:46 PM

1,268 posts, read 798,315 times
I love that some are still pretending this is grass roots. The tea party is funded by the Koch brothers and The Heritage Foundation. They represent big business and are hopeful to eliminate any environmental or financial regulation on business. The goal is to establish corporations that are absolute monopolies in a bid for money and power.

They convince some to follow by selling the dream--work hard and you can be like me. What these people fail to realize is that we have very little upward mobility between the economic classes. Other nations preform much better than the USA in this regard. Sure, you may make enough to live now, but that will change when the masters are the only game in town and there are no cumbersome labor laws or government regulations.

While there are some exceptions, wealth is largely inherited in our country. What Ayn Rand failed to mention about Atlas (the mythological god who holds the world on his shoulders) is that he let go a long, long time ago. His much weaker children and their children et. al. are now trying to fill his spot. No, they are by no means the most qualified, but it is an inherited right. These people are not geniuses on the cusp of some marvelous innovation that will continue to keep the world functioning. They are heirs and heiresses who have never produced anything except for credit statements sent directly for payment from a family trust account. Until people learn to stop voting against their own self interests and lobbyist are banned from governmental interference, it will be a never ending cycle.

Old 10-18-2013, 12:02 AM

624 posts, read 939,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsb62574 View Post
I love that some are still pretending this is grass roots. The tea party is funded by the Koch brothers and The Heritage Foundation. They represent big business and are hopeful to eliminate any environmental or financial regulation on business. The goal is to establish corporations that are absolute monopolies in a bid for money and power.

They convince some to follow by selling the dream--work hard and you can be like me. What these people fail to realize is that we have very little upward mobility between the economic classes. Other nations preform much better than the USA in this regard. Sure, you may make enough to live now, but that will change when the masters are the only game in town and there are no cumbersome labor laws or government regulations.

While there are some exceptions, wealth is largely inherited in our country. What Ayn Rand failed to mention about Atlas (the mythological god who holds the world on his shoulders) is that he let go a long, long time ago. His much weaker children and their children et. al. are now trying to fill his spot. No, they are by no means the most qualified, but it is an inherited right. These people are not geniuses on the cusp of some marvelous innovation that will continue to keep the world functioning. They are heirs and heiresses who have never produced anything except for credit statements sent directly for payment from a family trust account. Until people learn to stop voting against their own self interests and lobbyist are banned from governmental interference, it will be a never ending cycle.
I'd rep you ten times if I could.

I think there's been a lot of confusion even among Tea Party rank-and-file. At first many TPers didn't know they had their infamous backers...they felt and behaved as though it really was a home-grown movement. Because of this, it kind of was in many respects. But at this point, people standing further back (not drinking the tea) can see it for what it really is. That doesn't mean it doesn't still have genuine grassroots support or elements, but as I said in my first response to this thread, for the most part it is out of the people's hands. Their reps in government can still be elected or voted out by their constituencies, but the party machine actually runs on the relationship between the elected officials and big business donors.

Looks like it's going to be a fairly closed machine, too, as those parts of the business community that were not its original designers and investors are starting to see the TP is not really a friend.

Last edited by Slithytoves; 10-18-2013 at 12:12 AM..

Old 10-18-2013, 05:51 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,167,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
The tea baggers? I am really tired about hearing of in your face nuts.
I feel the same about lwnj's also..

Thank you for playing.

Next contestant please?

Old 10-18-2013, 06:14 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,173,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
And having a black President....
That's funny considering that one of the founders of the Tea Party is David Webb who is ........ BLACK!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies