U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 07:24 AM

215 posts, read 279,947 times

Advertisements

Reuters:

Insight: As Obamacare tech woes mounted, contractor payments soared | Reuters

From the article:

A Reuters review of government documents shows that the contract to build the federal Healthcare.gov online insurance website - key to President Barack Obama's signature healthcare reform - tripled in potential total value to nearly $292 million as new money was assigned to the work beginning in April this year.

Someone needs to be fired for this.

Of the $292 million spent on this website, how much of that went to the computer programmers and developers?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2013, 07:28 AM

11,086 posts, read 7,910,550 times
I suspect it is double that.

An old IT colleague of mine who worked on some of this emailed me last night with details of the trainwreck. CMS is at the center of the storm.

Too bad so sad.

Old 10-18-2013, 07:36 AM

78,561 posts, read 37,662,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
I suspect it is double that.

An old IT colleague of mine who worked on some of this emailed me last night with details of the trainwreck. CMS is at the center of the storm.

Too bad so sad.
The problems are epic. As already posted in another thread...
Obamacare woes widen as insurers get wrong data - MarketWatch

And liberals want the government that is responsible for this fiasco to control their access to medical care. How asinine is that?

Old 10-18-2013, 07:41 AM

11,086 posts, read 7,910,550 times
The answer is to steal as much as possible an do no work - at least this is what federal employees and their contractors are doing.

Reduce your income enough to pay your expenses and not have to pay taxes to them. Let's all just say no to the leechfest.

Old 10-18-2013, 07:43 AM

78,883 posts, read 42,459,186 times
What would you pay for a website that didn't work?

Old 10-18-2013, 08:17 AM

73,512 posts, read 41,649,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curly_Q View Post
Reuters:

From the article:

A Reuters review of government documents shows that the contract to build the federal Healthcare.gov online insurance website - key to President Barack Obama's signature healthcare reform - tripled in potential total value to nearly $292 million as new money was assigned to the work beginning in April this year.

Of the $292 million spent on this website, how much of that went to the computer programmers and developers?
And we just spent 96 times that amount in playing political poker in DC.

The IT cost was actually around 98 million, which means the DC poker games cost 250 times more.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 10-18-2013 at 09:09 AM..

Old 10-18-2013, 08:43 AM

42,460 posts, read 23,312,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
And we just spent 96 times that amount in playing political poker in DC.

The IT cost was actually around 58 million.
Well, you are only about $580,000,000 off....

CBS News: The $634 MILLION dollar Obamacare website “needs a COMPLETE overhaul” » The Right Scoop -

Old 10-18-2013, 08:46 AM

5,094 posts, read 4,821,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
The answer is to steal as much as possible an do no work - at least this is what federal employees and their contractors are doing.

Reduce your income enough to pay your expenses and not have to pay taxes to them. Let's all just say no to the leechfest.

I am an IT contractor and our motto is "If you aren't part of the solution, you can still make a lot of money prolonging the problem!"

Old 10-18-2013, 08:49 AM

5,094 posts, read 4,821,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curly_Q View Post
Reuters:

From the article:

I am in IT. I guarantee that less than $100K went to the actual develpors. Most probably went to Obama connected "advisors" or "liasons" who did no actual work. It was a kickback for support Barack's re-election.

Old 10-18-2013, 08:50 AM

13,893 posts, read 12,773,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
I am an IT contractor and our motto is "If you aren't part of the solution, you can still make a lot of money prolonging the problem!"
You said what I was thinking before I read your post. The contractor has the deal sewed up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies