Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Access to health care is...
A necessity 143 87.73%
A privilege 20 12.27%
Voters: 163. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 03:38 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,110,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Not necessarily. Misguided and soft, perhaps. Do you consider yourself a lib?
Haha. Well I can't be mad at your honesty. I'm definitely a Lib, but I would bet there are a lot of Conservatives who wouldn't go as far as your solutions.

The funny thing that I pointed out earlier in this thread is that the only Conservatives that seem to want to answer my question are the die-hard "let 'em rot in their cells" type. At least you have the strength of your convictions, unlike a lot of the other Conservatives here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2013, 06:12 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,284,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
The concept of "giving" vs. "taking" seems it elude you.
No, I understand the concept of levying taxes. I'm not under the impression paying them means I get to dictate terms to those who benefit from them at a whim, though.

Where does this right come from? Is it in your bill of rights or is it just you guys jumping up and down saying "I want my way and you're obliged to give it to me because rights!"?

I would like to see you exercise these rights.

Old 10-21-2013, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Does that mean you will no longer require them to pay tax money to support the health care costs incurred by other people?
No, it means I consider factors other than the happiness of right-wingers.

Old 10-21-2013, 08:37 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,731,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Most of the people that do not work are in that position through no fault of their own.......
Typical lie and in line with the Big Government Party talking points.

Quote:
Do you care to explain how a society that treats all citizens equally when it comes to health care is in any way selfish? It is people like you who have a look after #1 first and screw the unfortunate, that are selfish.
Yes, it's pretty simple. It's selfish people like you who take money from one hard working person and give it to another. It's people like you who screw the hard working tax paying people.

And people like me don't screw the unfortunate. We give to charities that help the unfortunate. We don't steal other people's money.

Old 10-21-2013, 08:39 PM

Quote:
I see...Taking care of yourself is moral, but helping others is not....
People like me do take care of others. We donate to charity. But we're not like you. People like you think it's moral to steal other people's money and give it to leeches. That's not moral. It's theft and immoral.

You would understand if you didn't smack your head so often.

Old 10-21-2013, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaninEGF View Post
Why should one kid have less advantage than another kid just because of his parents income.
Because it's their money. Not yours. People own the fruits of their labor.

Old 10-21-2013, 08:44 PM

Taxation isn't a crime. Perhaps you've confused an act that's illegal with one that makes you upset.

Old 10-21-2013, 09:11 PM

33,524 posts, read 37,125,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Typical lie and in line with the Big Government Party talking points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur
Most of the people that do not work are in that position through no fault of their own.......
Here are the facts...19% are on welfare because of a temporary emergency

91% of welfare goes to the elderly, disabled and the working poor.

Only 19% are on welfare for 5 years or more

Quote:
Yes, it's pretty simple. It's selfish people like you who take money from one hard working person and give it to another. It's people like you who screw the hard working tax paying people.
No, it is selfish people like you who think it's your money...It is not your money and I'm not the one taking it.

Quote:
And people like me don't screw the unfortunate.
You don't give a damn about them though do you, since you actually think they are all; leaches
Quote:
We give to charities that help the unfortunate. We don't steal other people's money.
That doesn't seem to be working very well does it?
You certainly are trying to screw the unfortunate...Remember that thousands of people on welfare are kids who have no control over their situation...I would love to see people like you get into a place where you are forced onto the welfare system for a few months...I think you might change your "just let them starve" attitude.

I've seen people actually say.... "They keep having babies, and I'm the one who ends up having to pay for them!" I've even heard people saying that poor people reproduce so they can get more government money. If you're one of the people who think this, you're far too ****ing stupid for this conversation. Door's to the left, don't let it hit you on your way out.

Old 10-22-2013, 01:36 AM

6,418 posts, read 7,245,642 times
Quote:
You certainly are trying to screw the unfortunate...Remember that thousands of people on welfare are kids who have no control over their situation...I would love to see people like you get into a place where you are forced onto the welfare system for a few months...I think you might change your "just let them starve" attitude.

I've seen people actually say.... "They keep having babies, and I'm the one who ends up having to pay for them!" I've even heard people saying that poor people reproduce so they can get more government money. If you're one of the people who think this, you're far too ****ing stupid for this conversation. Door's to the left, don't let it hit you on your way out.
It also tends to be the same people complaining about the poor having children who also say that they shouldn't be able to have abortions. Not too smart indeed!

Old 10-22-2013, 01:48 AM

4,698 posts, read 4,070,903 times
In my opinion neither of your options are right.

Basic health care is a neccesity. If you get malaria or tuberculosis I do expect the society to take care of you. In fact it would be stupid to not do anything, because the person would likely infect others and will no longer do productive work.

However, if you get a cancer that cost $200K to treat then I think the treatment is a luxury. Especially it it only delays the inevitable.

The reason health care cost rises so much is because people are not willing to differentiate between basic health care, and luxury health care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies