Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2013, 11:34 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
They taught me something when I went to training to work in Iraq. Almost every Iraqi there, if you needed help, would most likely A. Ignore you or B, Actively try to kill you. If you were somehow captured, don't look forward to much of anything except for torture and/or death.
They learned that from you.....that's what you taught them when you murdered King Faisal in cold blood, and then murdered General Qasim in cold blood, and when you turned your back on the Kurds and let them get slaughtered....

...oh, I'm sorry.....it wasn't my intent to mislead anyone....I was referring to the slaughter of the Kurds that took place in the early 1970s, specifically 1973 and 1974....

....just thought I clarify that so people don't get confused and think I was referring to the slaughter of the Kurds during the Iraq-Iran War a decade later, or the slaughter of the Kurds shortly after the Gulf War a decade after that.

You know, if the US had actually practiced an iota of what it preached ---you know, about Democracy and Freedom and Stuff --- none of this would be happening.

Historically...

Mircea

Old 10-19-2013, 11:49 AM

1,392 posts, read 2,134,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
What a bunch of ingrates. We burn their cities and kill their children and this is the thanks they give us?
A lot of Americans have the delusional belief that the German/Japanese occupation experience is the norm and not the exception.

Old 10-19-2013, 11:57 AM

1,392 posts, read 2,134,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
They learned that from you.....that's what you taught them when you murdered King Faisal in cold blood, and then murdered General Qasim in cold blood, and when you turned your back on the Kurds and let them get slaughtered....

...oh, I'm sorry.....it wasn't my intent to mislead anyone....I was referring to the slaughter of the Kurds that took place in the early 1970s, specifically 1973 and 1974....

....just thought I clarify that so people don't get confused and think I was referring to the slaughter of the Kurds during the Iraq-Iran War a decade later, or the slaughter of the Kurds shortly after the Gulf War a decade after that.

You know, if the US had actually practiced an iota of what it preached ---you know, about Democracy and Freedom and Stuff --- none of this would be happening.

Historically...

Mircea
America behaves like an imperial power? Say it ain't so, I thought America was a shining city on the hill whose role is to enlighten these poor "savages" to behave properly and to save them from themselves. Max Boot told me so!

Old 10-19-2013, 11:57 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,479,163 times
Of course they are not our partners. They are junior partners in Iran's sphere of influence, thanks to Bush and his neocon war gang.

Old 10-19-2013, 12:11 PM

1,805 posts, read 1,467,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post

Historically...

Mircea
The dreaded rep spread got me again. You are so right. Are we working on 2 or 3 generations of wrongheaded foreign policy? Perhaps even more. Talk about doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

Old 11-11-2013, 03:30 PM

1,636 posts, read 2,143,483 times
Why didn't you ask this question during the 1990's when the USA and Britain refused to lift the UN sanctions on Iraq which killed over 2 million Iraqi children? Secretary Albright said that the death of Iraqi children was worth it in an interview. So, Iraqis know that the USA is not a true partner to them. The funny thing is that most Americans don't care about what happened to them. Most American will say.."oh, well that's what happens in war", or it's an "unfortunate consequence of a necessary evil." Not one American loses sleep over the suffering that Iraqis endured from 1990-2003. Also, Americans don't even bat an eye with regard to the high rates of cancer and birth defects. (Uranium plated bombs in the 1991 Gulf War, and then phosphate in Fullujah during this last war. So, if Iraqis are not so keen on being American's partners, don't be so indignant.

Old 11-11-2013, 03:41 PM

4,278 posts, read 5,177,911 times
It would be better to see Iraq bust up into 3 different countries like we saw in Eastern Europe. The big three factions in Iraq will never get along with each other.

Old 11-11-2013, 04:04 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,795,404 times
Somewhat--on some issues/things, but not on other issues/things.

Old 11-11-2013, 04:05 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,795,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by totsuka View Post
It would be better to see Iraq bust up into 3 different countries like we saw in Eastern Europe. The big three factions in Iraq will never get along with each other.
If the people in these areas of Iraq are supportive of this, then very possibly, at least in the long(er)-run.

Old 11-11-2013, 04:47 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
The United States doesn't have partners or friends nor should we have either one.

We should have interests only. I don't want friends and allies because it always costs us a fortune while our "friend" gets a free ride courtesy of the American taxpayer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies