Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2013, 08:36 AM

7,786 posts, read 8,022,796 times

Advertisements

If us boomers all died today every const. job in my area would come to a grinding halt.Almost every carpenter,plumber,mason I work with has grey hair and no degree.Physical work in productive trades where you actually produce something is no longer valued and admired.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2013, 08:47 AM

37,792 posts, read 40,977,589 times
When the boomers die off, the younger generation (who will thenm be older) will be looking at the National Debt and their paychecks taxed to the hilt to pay it off and wonder "Why the heck did we vote for that Obama guy again? Wasn't it something about us wanting bigger government and paying for some chick's contraception?"

Old 10-20-2013, 08:51 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,661,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
You do know that we have had money deducted from our checks for Medicare our entire working lives, don't you? That means it has been deducted from my check for 40years, since I am56 and started working when I was 16.

It's not an entitlement; it is something we have paid into, the same as Social Security. That is very different than Medicaid, welfare and food stamps and different than free housing, food, education, and healthcare for people who aren't even US citizens.
I'll bet if you asked 20 random people what FICA on their pay stub is, 19 wouldn't have a clue.

Old 10-20-2013, 08:53 AM

11,335 posts, read 16,683,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
I think the world will be a better place, yes. Their greed and spending habits are what put our economy in the mess it is today. To a Boomer, if you can't afford something then put it on a credit card and pay for it later. Such attitudes lead to a crippling of down the road and we very much see that today.
Boy, this thread would be perfect for 1939 Berlin.

Pretty much if you don't like someone, wish that they die.

Old 10-20-2013, 08:59 AM

11,335 posts, read 16,683,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I'll bet if you asked 20 random people what FICA on their pay stub is, 19 wouldn't have a clue.
I love to see when they get their first paycheck and they ask "who's FICA and why is he taking my money".

Old 10-20-2013, 09:02 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,949,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
No I am not a black person and I am not fond of some of his ideas but if listen and read carefully it's not hard to figure out what many don't like about him. Especially from those living in the former slave states.
NH is not a former slave state. I can't stand the Liar n' Thief. he has lied every single time he opened his mouth so far and i see no reason he will 'Change' I dare not 'Hope' he will and just want him to go away. if you think this guy has his head on straight then I just feel sorry for you. You will buy what ever that puppet wanna be leaders says and still expect change. Well How about YOU and the rest of the PC Democrats just PAY UP instead. maybe after that we can get back to spending, but only if the GDP is 3% or less.

Have no fear the little dolt isn't going away because we can't have Biden take his place. Biden is a loser drunk with a bad voice to the point he can't carry a tune.

If Nancy were my wife and gave me poison I'ld drink it. You lefties are out of control, right now, but pretty soon you will be reigned in hard! i don't give a damn about his color, but his color got his exactly where he is. That and affirmative action!

Old 10-20-2013, 09:02 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,891,411 times
Uh; from what I've been seeing, it seems us Gen X people are dropping off real fast, more so than the Boomers. I'm in my 40's and it's nothing to hear about lots of dudes and ladies born in even the 1970's dying in 2013.

Old 10-20-2013, 09:08 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,891,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
"Will the US be a better place after the baby boomer generation passes" doesn't really mean they have to die, they need to pass away out of politics. Biden, Hillary, Reid, Pelosi, Feinstein need to retire -- they don't necessarily have to die.

Politically, the baby boomers are the very worst generation ever. Very greedy, selfish, and stupid.
Feinstein, Reid and Pelosi ain't Boomers, they're too old.

Old 10-20-2013, 09:22 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,777,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Don't worry. Assisted suicide will be legal by then and they can just check out when they're too old to work and have nothing to fall back on. That's the direction we're headed (just look at this thread....wishing older people dead). Just kill people off when they are too old. They will be the first generation made into soylent green.

They have a disaster of their own making looming on the horizon that is for sure.
What a sad testament to the two generations that followed the boomer generation when they think their parents are a burden on society and to them. For many it comes down to their parents being worth more dead (to their own benefit) than alive. It seems that those that want their parents dead want to collect what is "rightfully" theirs.

Can only imagine the values they are/will instill in their own children considering their attitude. Hope they aren't surprised when they get older and their own children have the same attitude towards them. They'll be calling their children selfish and greedy and how they have no compassion. I hope they remember when they thought their parents were an inconvenience and a burden on society and wanted them to die off.

Assisted suicide should be a choice for everyone, then those that are so troubled by the havoc that boomers have caused and continue to cause, can off themselves and put themselves out of their misery.

Old 10-20-2013, 09:23 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,139,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I guarantee it! I run a facebook page for women associated with our work industry. We have ages 19 to 80 with around 2500 members. We've been having a large discussion on just this subject. It went from lightly humorous to downright scary what some of the youngsters believed about Social Security, taxes and such. They can't balance their checkbooks, they go all crazy when they get a personal property tax statement from a county they reside in, and start calling the Federal IRS. If it isn't the first name on a Google search, they can't figure out how to pick up a phone book and look for a telephone number. I seriously don't know how some of these people actually function or even survive day-to-day living sometimes....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies