Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How much would you pay your low skilled workers at your fast food restaurant?
Minimum Wage 28 45.90%
Fifty Cents Above Minimum Wage 2 3.28%
$1.00 above Minimum Wage 7 11.48%
$2.00- or more- above Minimum Wage 24 39.34%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2013, 07:57 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
wait, you have read most of my posts, and you have the temerity to call me a liberal? that isnt even laughable. the hotel business and the fast food business have a few things in common, one being that they both have high turnover rates, its a race to see which one is actually higher. and forget about paying bonuses for poor service, that is stupid. but if you demand good service from your employees, and you treat the appropriately, they will respond, and service will improve. and when service improves, you get more customers, and when you get more customers, you get more profit, profit which you share with the employees as a reward for good service. of course this might be over your head somewhat because it involves actual business.
We are talking about fast food if you forget. TV commercials get more customers and the like, the employees at fast food restaurants don't "get" customers. Your making absolutely no sense. Hey I guess if you owned a taco johns your employees would be happy but the guy a mile away would be pulling down the same dough and hiring the same kids. I mean you have to realize what we are talking about here. If I owned a fast food joint I would expect massive turnover in employees because nobody wants to work there. Hey maybe your place where you pay em 20 bucks an hour and have em in some great healthcare plan and have profit sharing would be great but you would go out of business because you would have to charge ten bucks for a burger. Try your model as I'm sure many have before because all folks who own a fast food joint aren't evil but they gotta pay the bills too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2013, 08:17 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Ask one of those "adults" if this was their career path..........if this is what they planned to do coming out of high skool. Then ask the kids at the bagel place if they want to work at that dump their whole life. The whole "there aren't any jobs" thing is a myth. Lot of folks are living off us and they actually enjoy it. Hell I would if it fit my lifestyle. I like to have money and buy things and take care of my own kids though I don't expect others to do that.
Well sure there are minimum wage jobs. But you seem to think only losers would do these jobs. How many people do you know that don't have a job and actually enjoy it because I don't know any. The few I know who have lost their jobs are desperate to find another.

Old 10-19-2013, 08:31 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Plenty of people make decent pay without a Univ. degree. However, income is strongly tied to education levels. I won't force people to get an education, but if they choose not to, then they choose their lot in life. As long as they don't start crying about their poor choices when they are 40 or 50, I'm fine with 50 yr olds making min wage.

Neither do I. "Living wage" is an arbitrary figure though and not a metric I would use to determine pay. Does an employer owe an employee a raise because that employee wants a kid or wants a bigger home or wants a better car?
Living wage is a minimum wage based on the cost of living within certain areas.

Old 10-19-2013, 08:32 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
Um.....yeah. What do you think some clown who takes orders should get a six figure salary? LOL

What is a "living wage"?? Where do you folks come up with these terms? Every job has an established wage. If you don't like your wage then get a better job. It's not rocket science unless your a liberal.
Do you know what cost of living means? You try to call fast food workers idiots, yet you seem to be clueless about what living wage means.

Old 10-19-2013, 08:36 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,260,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeky View Post
Wow..so many adjectives...Unskilled...Poorly educated...mention of toilet cleaning...sounds like you're a real winner buddy...I think YOU should do ALL of the toilet cleaning...while some white guy with an attitude and too much money in his pocket speaks really loud at you...because he thinks it will help you understand the words that are comin outa his mouth better.
You should keep it in context and keep the emotional (and racial) BS out of it.

Old 10-19-2013, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Well sure there are minimum wage jobs. But you seem to think only losers would do these jobs. How many people do you know that don't have a job and actually enjoy it because I don't know any. The few I know who have lost their jobs are desperate to find another.
Tell em to go to burger king and go on strike for fifteen bucks an hour then.

Yes you are a loser if your in your twenties and have no other skills besides flipping burgers. Sorry reality comes into play at some point. Maybe not for liberals but that is why liberals are so lost.

Old 10-19-2013, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Do you know what cost of living means? You try to call fast food workers idiots, yet you seem to be clueless about what living wage means.
You still haven't defined it though you like to yell and scream in your posts. What is it??

Old 10-19-2013, 08:44 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,260,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Living wage is a minimum wage based on the cost of living within certain areas.

Living wage compared to what?

Being homeless or not having nice things?

Old 10-19-2013, 08:51 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,490,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
A million dollars.
you are the best!

Old 10-19-2013, 09:04 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Tell em to go to burger king and go on strike for fifteen bucks an hour then.

Yes you are a loser if your in your twenties and have no other skills besides flipping burgers. Sorry reality comes into play at some point. Maybe not for liberals but that is why liberals are so lost.
Your assumption is that these kids have no other skills when in reality you have no idea. Did you never take a low paying job just to make money while looking for another job. Would you rather they live off welfare. And I'm sure many would take offense by your comment of "loser". One of my best friends has a son with Downs Syndrome. Unfortunately, he can only flip burgers but he is damn good at it. And he is no loser!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies