Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2013, 01:08 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,692,234 times

Advertisements

*******/Moonbat anti-government tee shirts.

Old 10-19-2013, 01:15 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,695,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Where are you hanging out? I hope you called the cops or child protective services.
I wasn't being serious, I was just using it as an example to make a point. Obviously if such a thing happened I would call CPS or the Police. Most of the people in California were pretty friendly and normal from my experience.

Old 10-19-2013, 01:16 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,692,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPirate355 View Post
I wasn't being serious, I was just using it as an example to make a point. Obviously if such a thing happened I would call CPS or the Police. Most of the people in California were pretty friendly and normal from my experience.
Uh you havent been to San Francisco have you.

They smoke pot and walk around naked on public streets with children around.

LOL you didnt realize such a place existed did you.

Old 10-19-2013, 01:22 PM

241 posts, read 245,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
I went shooting, also. Noticed lots of liberal types. One shirt said "give me food stamps or give me death". Another lady wore a shirt that said "the tree of liberty needs to be fertilized with organic compost and pruned from time to time".

The worst was the shirt that said "I sure hope you have lots of spare change".

Are these views common among gun owners? I sure hope not.
lmao......now that was funny ;-)

Old 10-19-2013, 01:23 PM

1,637 posts, read 1,880,990 times
You'll never see more people holding the door open for others, and calling each other "sir' and "Ma'am" ..then you'll see at a gun range and firearm shop. Also I find people are extremely helpful towards others. For some strange reason gun shops are also safe despite having an extraordinary number of firearms.

Old 10-19-2013, 01:24 PM

27,131 posts, read 15,310,658 times
Quote:
It's none of your business why I go to a shooting range and I could not care less what Obama or some redneck on an internet forum thinks about me

Think about that for a moment.

Old 10-19-2013, 01:27 PM

27,131 posts, read 15,310,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
You'll never see more people holding the door open for others, and calling each other "sir' and "Ma'am" ..then you'll see at a gun range and firearm shop. Also I find people are extremely helpful towards others. For some strange reason gun shops are also safe despite having an extraordinary number of firearms.

Always my experience over years spent there.

Old 10-19-2013, 01:28 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,209,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
What is a "tea party type t-shirt"?

Old 10-19-2013, 01:29 PM

2,234 posts, read 1,758,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
You're a liberal -- why on earth are you going to a shooting range????? Obama would be furious to think his liberals are using guns or believing in second amendment rights.
Just because you're a Liberal does not mean that you're in line with all stereotypical politically. I know Republicans who are either gay, pro-choice, and/or nonreligious...

Quote:
Saw a lot of those tea party type t shirts and paranoid anti government propaganda. Even my friend I went with started talking about race riots.

Is this view common amongst gun owners?? I hope not.
What's wrong with being anti government? You're doing the same exact thing the Republicans did when the Iraq war first started. Liberals were upset with what was happening, expressed their displeasure publicly, and were labeled "anti American", "anti government", and a few other choice words. Now both sides are being hypocrites now that the shoe is on the other foot.

Your question is kind of silly though, and I'm betting you only asked it as a way to insult and troll much like most of the anti liberal Republicans constantly do on this forum... ... If you went to a function that had either gay, Black, Hispanic, feminist, etc people there who just happened to be talking about promiscuous sex, committing a crime, doing drugs, etc, would you think that just because the few people at that function had those views that all the aforementioned groups had them too?

To answer your question, no all gun owners are not. Gun owners are comprised of many groups of people who can be Liberal, Conservative, Black, White, Hispanic, Women, Men, religious, atheist, gay, straight, paranoid tea party members, preppers, voted for Obama, voted for Romney, etc.... One of my coworkers, who's a Black Liberal, owns a gun, but still voted for Obama because he thought he was the better candidate for the job...

What I can tell you is, and you probably already know this from the comments you have received, a lot of tea party and republicans have a problem with constantly feeling the need to insult, belittle, degrade, and personally attack any group or anyone (including their own) who does not share all/100% their stereotypical new aged Conservative views. This is why they will continue to lose.

Last edited by DoniDanko; 10-19-2013 at 01:37 PM..

Old 10-19-2013, 01:31 PM

2,234 posts, read 1,758,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
I agree. At least where I stay at, they are mostly couples, family men & women, off duty military and law enforcement, etc of all backgrounds who are very polite and respectful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies