Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2013, 04:28 PM

843 posts, read 1,431,964 times

Advertisements

Another problem with the "state" argument is that states that do not perform same-sex marriages will recognize heterosexual marriages from California, but not homosexual ones. THAT is a discriminatory application of recognition.

Old 10-19-2013, 04:30 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,049,136 times
Good for him!

Old 10-19-2013, 04:30 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,227,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
A man and woman of different races have complimentary sex organs and can produce offspring making the sex that takes place between a man and a woman of different races within nature's plan.
Could you post nature's plan, please? I tried to find it online but only came up with Nature's Recipe: Nature

Seems like homosexuality occurs in nature quite a bit. Thus, I would think that it's part of nature's plan. Perhaps you were given a revised copy? Or do you have some first-hand insight that the rest of mankind has, somehow, not been privy to? Do you have some kind of hotline to nature itself?

Old 10-19-2013, 04:31 PM

10,233 posts, read 6,317,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
A man and woman of different races have complimentary sex organs and can produce offspring making the sex that takes place between a man and a woman of different races within nature's plan.

In decades past, some people were of the opinion that sexual unions between men and women of different races was not in keeping with nature's design.

That healthy and happy children are produced by interracial unions proves that the opinion expressed by those who believed interracial unions were outside of nature's design was in error.

Perhaps some day two men or two women will produce a child together and I'll be proven wrong.

Until then, homosexuality is an unnatural and unproductive behavior that fails to balance the risk of sexually transmitted disease with the advancement of the species.

Playing house with real kids doesn't change the unnatural nature of homosexuality.
Excuse me? Are fertility tests required for a civil marriage license? I had a friend who had ovarian cancer at 16 and had them removed. Guess she should have been denied a marriage certificate because she was infertile? Then there was my widowed MIL who remarried at 62. She was not going to be making any babies after menopause. Then you have straight couples who freely choose NOT to have children at all. Stop them from getting BC because the PURPOSE of marriage is to procreate? Oh, and to add to that, how MANY rugrats are we supposed to procreate for GOD or the STATE?????

Procreation is an absurd reason to deny marriage rights to gay couples.

Old 10-19-2013, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Excuse me? Are fertility tests required for a civil marriage license? I had a friend who had ovarian cancer at 16 and had them removed. Guess she should have been denied a marriage certificate because she was infertile? Then there was my widowed MIL who remarried at 62. She was not going to be making any babies after menopause. Then you have straight couples who freely choose NOT to have children at all. Stop them from getting BC because the PURPOSE of marriage is to procreate? Oh, and to add to that, how MANY rugrats are we supposed to procreate for GOD or the STATE?????

Procreation is an absurd reason to deny marriage rights to gay couples.
Jo - you are OBVIOUSLY misinformed. As you can read above, momonkey has a DIRECT line to nature and know exactly what nature's plan is. Nature, even though it allows for homosexuality to occur, well, naturally, clearly (according to momonkey) does NOT approve of it.

I just wish that Nature would issue an official statement for ALL of us to see, hear, and read so that we don't have to rely on the word of a messiah.

Frankly, nature sounds a bit confused to me. Why create it if you don't like it?

Old 10-19-2013, 04:43 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcatp View Post
Another problem with the "state" argument is that states that do not perform same-sex marriages will recognize heterosexual marriages from California, but not homosexual ones. THAT is a discriminatory application of recognition.
but that argument does not fall under the commerce clause, but rather the full faith and credit clause, but even that one doesnt necessarily apply. it needs to be run through the supreme court and see what they say. remember that if the full faith and credit clause forces same sex marriage on all the states, then that same ruling will require ALL states to accept concealed carry permits issued in other states. which means one no longer has to get a few permits from other states to make sure they are covered, and that includes new york state, as well as the city, and california, and illinois.

Old 10-19-2013, 06:16 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,910,529 times
Cory Booker politicking HARD for a run at POTUS in 2016

what a loser

Old 10-19-2013, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Cory Booker politicking HARD for a run at POTUS in 2016

what a loser
Huh? A politician "politicking" makes him/her a loser? Isn't that sort of part of the job?

Old 10-19-2013, 07:04 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,910,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuselage View Post
Huh? A politician "politicking" makes him/her a loser? Isn't that sort of part of the job?
If you are asking me if being a politician is analogous them being a loser. Then yes. Of course, there are levels of politicking. Booker just went DEEP.

Old 10-19-2013, 08:05 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,750,974 times
the attitude you see, the comments you see, are the reasons everyone in the country hates gays. what a bunch of cry babies. greed mongers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies