Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2013, 01:45 PM

423 posts, read 414,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jman07 View Post
A big nose or flat chest doesn't label someone as underclass, poor or white trash.
My uncle has a set of crooked teeth, yet has sat on the board with some of the most influential people that have roamed this earth for the last 50-60 years.

I really don't think there's anyone with eyes to see with that would classify him as underclass, poor or white trash.

I really think you don't know what the hell you're talking about friend.

Old 10-20-2013, 01:47 PM

423 posts, read 414,799 times
Quote:
Yes, and some parents are not responsible, and its not their kids fault.

I pay into all the entitlement programs, so I would be paying for it.
Oh I don't mean a minute percentage of it....I mean ALL of it! Why should we be bothered with it? You're the one with the issue. Own up....pay up!

Old 10-20-2013, 01:47 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,416,507 times
Nobody deserves anything. Things need to be earned. Now if someone falls on tough times their family, private charity and maybe the government can help.

Old 10-20-2013, 01:48 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Yes, and some parents are not responsible, and its not their kids fault.

I pay into all the entitlement programs, so I would be paying for it.
You are right, it is not the kids' fault. But guess what? THAT IS LIFE! THAT IS HOW LIFE WORKS! No, it isn't fair. Yah, it does suck for some people. Again, that's called LIFE.

When those kids get older, if they are so disturbed by their teeth, they can get their teeth fixed. As was mentioned, it is entirely possible to get braces when you are an adult. Many adults have gone through it because their parents could not afford the braces when they were younger...and, those adults are leading healthy, productive lives! They are accepting that sometimes life isn't the same for one family as it is for another. But instead of whining and begging for everyone elses money, they suck it up, they save up the money, and then they get their own teeth fixed when they are adults. And...they have jobs, too!

Old 10-20-2013, 01:58 PM

3,118 posts, read 5,356,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Nobody deserves anything. Things need to be earned. Now if someone falls on tough times their family, private charity and maybe the government can help.
Kids can't "earn" braces.

Old 10-20-2013, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
You are right, it is not the kids' fault. But guess what? THAT IS LIFE! THAT IS HOW LIFE WORKS! No, it isn't fair. Yah, it does suck for some people. Again, that's called LIFE.

When those kids get older, if they are so disturbed by their teeth, they can get their teeth fixed. As was mentioned, it is entirely possible to get braces when you are an adult. Many adults have gone through it because their parents could not afford the braces when they were younger...and, those adults are leading healthy, productive lives! They are accepting that sometimes life isn't the same for one family as it is for another. But instead of whining and begging for everyone elses money, they suck it up, they save up the money, and then they get their own teeth fixed when they are adults. And...they have jobs, too!
OK. I guess the difference is the level of compassion someone has for others. I have compassion and empathy for underprivileged children who are born into bad lives. When they get older it is harder to feel sorry for them, but they deserve some of the basic benefits and opportunities afforded to children who were born into families with decent parents.

Old 10-20-2013, 02:04 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times
If you have such compassion then start a charity and get folks to donate money for braces. Don't run around here saying you think the government should STEAL more money from us to pay for em. YOU do something. I mean braces?? We're talking a 1st world problem here. There are kids who don't eat for a few days even in the US. How bout you go feed them.

Old 10-20-2013, 02:26 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,049,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
What defense? Rebuilding other nations is defense? Giving up 4 billion in unneeded aid is constitutional and part of defense?

Charity starts at home.

And who cares about what you paid? Millions of people have paid for their children's dental care, including me. Want a cookie for that?

I'm FOR helping poor children. Simple as that.
I don't agree with our foreign policy at all. All I'm saying is that defense is constitutional.

So, go help some children. Nobody is stopping you.

Wanna cookie for "talking" compassionately?

Old 10-20-2013, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I don't agree with our foreign policy at all. All I'm saying is that defense is constitutional.

So, go help some children. Nobody is stopping you.

Wanna cookie for "talking" compassionately?
We by far have the largest military in the world. We could cut it in half and still have the best defense. We also have a reputation of invading countries for issues other than defense and spending billions.

BTW...No real alpha male would have the actual screen name "alpha male." Its not too hard to believe that that screen name was available when you choose it. I bet you were excited!

Old 10-20-2013, 03:46 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
OK. I guess the difference is the level of compassion someone has for others. I have compassion and empathy for underprivileged children who are born into bad lives. When they get older it is harder to feel sorry for them, but they deserve some of the basic benefits and opportunities afforded to children who were born into families with decent parents.
Really? You have compassion? You're going to sit there and advocate that people's money be stolen to pay for someone elses irresponsibility, and you have the audacity to claim that you are compassionate?

So, I get taxed even more, which means I can afford even less food than I do now, because two people couldn't keep their hands off of each other....and you call that compassion? B.S.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies