Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2013, 03:40 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,796,967 times

Advertisements

Note: CRACKED.com is a web site with adult language. If you can't handle some F bombs and swear words, please don't click the link.

What do you imagine when you hear the word "welfare"? Most of us think of a minority living in a filthy house with five kids running around while an alcoholic dad sleeps it off face down on the couch ... if there's even a dad at all.

Read more: The 4 Types of People on Welfare Nobody Talks About | Cracked.com

Old 10-20-2013, 03:46 PM

724 posts, read 591,328 times
i fear it falls on deaf ears 70ford.

Old 10-20-2013, 06:50 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,946,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafo1981 View Post
No, we're just tired of explaining to the deaf, that entitlement systems create entitlement, which destroys every society with it from the inside out.

Old 10-20-2013, 06:58 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,448,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafo1981 View Post
The deaf ears are the liberal ears. Conservatives do not dispute that there are people in legitimate need of help. Liberals ignore that and portray conservatives as not caring about the poor. Just like liberals consistently ignore the fact that Republicans want to replace Obamacare and instead portray them as wanting to deny healthcare to people. Ignore reality and present a narrative that gives yourself moral superiority and demonizes others - that's liberals.

Old 10-20-2013, 07:10 PM

1,179 posts, read 1,548,682 times
They forgot the Earned Income Credit. What a scam that is.

Old 10-20-2013, 07:11 PM

624 posts, read 936,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
No, we're just tired of explaining to the deaf, that entitlement systems create entitlement, which destroys every society with it from the inside out.
...except the rest of the developed world.

Old 10-20-2013, 07:12 PM

25,024 posts, read 27,847,490 times
I read the whole article. I doubt the RWNJs would make it past the second paragraph before screaming at the top of their lungs, "liberal bias!" without having read THE ENTIRE THING to know it's actually perfectly balanced.

Old 10-20-2013, 07:19 PM

624 posts, read 936,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
The deaf ears are the liberal ears. Conservatives do not dispute that there are people in legitimate need of help. Liberals ignore that and portray conservatives as not caring about the poor. Just like liberals consistently ignore the fact that Republicans want to replace Obamacare and instead portray them as wanting to deny healthcare to people. Ignore reality and present a narrative that gives yourself moral superiority and demonizes others - that's liberals.
Not true. At least not of me. In my ample volunteer work, I see compassion in people from all political stripes.

I am totally open to a comprehensive GOP healthcare plan. You have to admit, we've yet to see one. That is what makes people skeptical. If Republicans would get a real plan together, present it online for public view so we could compare it to O'care, and present it to the administration before negotiating what's already been done, I would totally support it if it is a more workable plan that covers everyone who needs it.

A lot of Dems are feeling sketchy about O'care, too, but we defend it because we're not seeing a concrete alternative and the amped-up rhetoric has circled the wagons. I'm serious about this. I would pull for the best plan no matter who came up with it.

Old 10-20-2013, 07:24 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,446,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
On that premise, Canada ought to be a smoking ruin compared to the U.S., and El Salvador ought to be way ahead of us.

Old 10-20-2013, 07:26 PM

11,091 posts, read 10,649,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slithytoves View Post
Not true. At least not of me. In my ample volunteer work, I see compassion in people from all political stripes.

I am totally open to a comprehensive GOP healthcare plan. You have to admit, we've yet to see one. That is what makes people skeptical. If Republicans would get a real plan together, present it online for public view so we could compare it to O'care, and present it to the administration before negotiating what's already been done, I would totally support it if it is a more workable plan that covers everyone who needs it.

A lot of Dems are feeling sketchy about O'care, too, but we defend it because we're not seeing a concrete alternative and the amped-up rhetoric has circled the wagons. I'm serious about this. I would pull for the best plan no matter who came up with it.
And this is the root of the problem. Liberals believe that we need government interference in health care in order to make it affordable. What they fail to realize - or at least fail to admit - is that it was government interference in health care which made it unaffordable in the first place. What we actually need is to limit government involvement in health care and allow the free market to work, rather than letting government have even more involvement and bogging down the system more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies