Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 05:54 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Now that the pendulumn has swung so far to the left, does anyone believe that in the course of the next several elections we will ever regain our freedoms and common sense lost in the obama years. I fear not , when you factor the ignorance and the entitlement mentality that is pervasive in our society today. For the first time in my life, I think we are really ripe for a revolution.
Which freedoms are you trying to bring back by killing Americans?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2013, 05:58 PM

9,890 posts, read 10,821,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
What "freedoms" would those be exactly, [MOD CUT/personal attack] ???
oh for starters lets just say the freedom to be uninsured.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 10-22-2013 at 05:03 PM.. Reason: edited quoted psot

Old 10-21-2013, 06:01 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,471,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
oh for starters lets just say the freedom to be uninsured.
That is like arguing forced education erodes your freedom to be ignorant, but then again, we are talking about right wingers......

Last edited by A Common Anomaly; 10-21-2013 at 06:14 PM..

Old 10-21-2013, 06:13 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,311,609 times
The middle class will eventually get tired of paying for the people who do nothing. Then, they will rebel.

Old 10-21-2013, 06:15 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,471,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
The middle class will eventually get tired of paying for the people who do nothing. Then, they will rebel.
By creating unions, minimum wage, safer working conditions, and laws against child labor....etc......right?

Old 10-21-2013, 06:28 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,448,604 times
To answer the OP's basic question, can we ever go back?

In a word, "No."

It is just not the laws that needs to be changed or repealed, it is also the changing entitlement mentality of society that needs to be altered. The liberty we have lost is the enviable result of society creating an all powerful nanny state. What I find remarkable is the amazing speed at which this change has occurred. In the span of less than one century we have gone from a nation of freedom loving, self-reliant, independent Americans to a nation of self-indulgent, hedonistic, narcissistic, and utterly dependent communists.

Lets face reality, the American people have become communists.
Communism : (noun) - a political theory derived from Karl Marx, advocating class war and leading to a society in which all property is publicly owned and each person works and is paid according to their abilities and needs.
The only thing that remains to make the US government completely communist is the confiscation of all private property. You know it is coming. We have gone too far down this road in the last century to suddenly come to our collective senses now. I do find it rather ironic that more capitalism, economic freedom, and liberty in general is being demanded by the Chinese from their own government than by Americans from theirs. Especially considering that the US and China were politically polar opposites just 50 years ago.

If the societal trends of the last century are any indication, the US will not survive to see the end of the twenty-first century.

Old 10-21-2013, 06:37 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,961,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
With Obama, we have barely dipped our toes into the healing waters of overdue reform. We have a long, long way to go to, as Obama says, make a more perfect union. Oh, and instead of a revolution, why don't you right wingers start by winning an election? That is how it was done in the good ole days.
And how do you plan to fund these healing waters? Most young people I see have no idea how to keep waters clean in the first place.

They may talk the talk about carbon, but then you will find 1 that's for everyone else but that individual, and 2 they don't know what carbon IS.

This year I am finding yards of TP at mountain waters edge in piles and heaps. These young have no clue what so ever.

Old 10-21-2013, 06:42 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,961,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Next we will be fighting over who grew more beans than the next person and the non-productive who sat there and watched as everyone worked to harvest will demand a share.
More like they will fight over person A who grew beans and won't give everyone 'Their fair share' which in fact is a lie. Since persons b-z grew no beans and did no labor they don't have a right to any fair share.

Old 10-21-2013, 07:11 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,265,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Good and truthful post. He does despise the boomer generation and I have every reason to believe that a good part of that hate derives from the fact that many of them are white. You are correct though there are many boomer minorities and Democrats also. I paid into Medicare all my life and still do pay for Part B that is over $100 a month since I am retired. My wife and I pay over $200 a month together while welfare leeches and illegal aliens get healthcare for free. You'll never see him b*tching about that though.
Medicare is not an option, just as ObamaCare won't be an option - I will pay a lot more on Medicare than I pay now - AND I will lose the Health Saving Account option that I love. It's not the Republicans that scream about 'reforming' Medicare -- it's the Democrats and Leftists that preach "Thou shalt not touch!". The Kid has no clue - his hatred for older Americans knows no bounds - and no facts.

Old 10-21-2013, 07:18 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,265,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
I don't think so -- I really do believe that the kiddos are going to work out that the way Obama has it set up, they are going to be in debt and paying for things that they have no clue about now. They don't have jobs, they have huge loans for education that many can't even use AND over 1/3 of them are living with their parents because they can't make it on their own. They are the Cannon Fodder of the Left.

They may be deluded now, but many will wake up to the reality that there is no Unicorn, there is no Magic Pixie Dust. They will be very unhappy about that.

As for the Middle Class ....... it's easier for the Leftists to demote them than it is for them to attack the upper classes that saw the train wreck coming. They may rebel, but it's usually the Young that do that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies