Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2013, 11:26 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,184,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
The poor always have had medical care with medicaid. I am saying the government had tons of programs to take care of the poor so why take over everybody's health care when we don't want then interfering with us and our doctors? Talk about controlling.
1. They're not taking over everyone's health care. If they did, it would look more like the UK's NHS.

2. Millions of people make too much to qualify for Medicaid but don't have insurance through their employers and can't afford to purchase it by dealing directly with the insurance company.

3. Nobody's interfering with anyone's doctor.

Old 10-22-2013, 11:28 PM

2,189 posts, read 2,604,433 times
Quote:
And ACA will tell your doctor not to treat you if they deem you are not going to live anyway or you reach a certain age where you are just too old and need to go home to die. This is why doctors hate it. They can't practice medicine the way they want to.
Sorry for the language but this is one of the stupidest statements I've seen in all the threads pertaining to this issue.

Old 10-22-2013, 11:28 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,317,542 times
Quote:
The poor always have had medical care with medicaid. I am saying the government had tons of programs to take care of the poor so why take over everybody's health care when we don't want then interfering with us and our doctors? Talk about controlling.
When I lived in the US, we had to drop our insurance because it cost double our rent, and we just couldn't afford it any more. Right after that, my husband was in a bad car accident. The hospital bill was almost a quarter million dollars. You mean Medicaid would have paid for it? Damn, why didn't anybody TELL us?

Old 10-22-2013, 11:32 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times
We have already seen Sebilius deny a little girl a lung transplant and Harry Reid say why would he help a child with cancer when so many other people need help.

Fortunattly the little girl had others come to her aid and she got the transplant and is home now. Such compassionate people in the Dem party who want this law.

Old 10-22-2013, 11:33 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,317,542 times
My MIL developed breast cancer and was dropped from her insurance after one treatment. They dug deep and claimed she neglected to mention that she had a period of depression. Yes, she was depressed after her husband died. Who wouldn't be? They used that to deny treatment. She fought that insurance company until her cancer killed her.
Are you telling me Medicaid would have paid for her and she'd still be alive?

Old 10-22-2013, 11:34 PM

Quote:
We have already seen Sebilius deny a little girl a lung transplant and Harry Reid say why would he help a child with cancer when so many other people need help.

Fortunattly the little girl had others come to her aid and she got the transplant and is home now. Such compassionate people in the Dem party who want this law.

You're taking both of those incidents out of context. Are you doing that to insult us because you think the rest of us are too stupid to know it, or do you not actually know the context of those two incidents?

Old 10-22-2013, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
When I lived in the US, we had to drop our insurance because it cost double our rent, and we just couldn't afford it any more. Right after that, my husband was in a bad car accident. The hospital bill was almost a quarter million dollars. You mean Medicaid would have paid for it? Damn, why didn't anybody TELL us?
It would have if you had no home or any material wealth. I see you got through it and still have your computer.

Old 10-22-2013, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
You're taking both of those incidents out of context. Are you doing that to insult us because you think the rest of us are too stupid to know it, or do you not actually know the context of those two incidents?
Maybe you know the whole story?

Old 10-22-2013, 11:37 PM

30,251 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
But the Right wingers would call that DEATH PANELS!
Oh the spin.

NO, what you fail to understand, like always, is that the difference between what this person's mother did, and being stuck on a waiting list until you die, is that she CHOSE to refuse medical treatment.

Seriously, you people are desperate.

Old 10-22-2013, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Maybe you know the whole story?

Yes, both stories were reported, within their proper context, in the mainstream, legitimate press. Perhaps you missed it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies