Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 08:25 PM

7,786 posts, read 7,997,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
But the Right wingers would call that DEATH PANELS!
I don't care what the right or left call anything anymore so many laws have been passed by them I am just a criminal waiting to get picked up and sent to jail for the crime of living as I always have.Wake up and enjoy the end of freedom by living it till they get you.Healthcare and food are free in prison.

Old 10-21-2013, 08:28 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,695,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Was he not allowed to buy insurance?
He could not because he had a preexisting condition. After he became an adult and dropped from his parents health insurance policy, no insurance company would insure him and he died as a result. It is all in the link I provided.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WwGdohh3tg

Last edited by jojajn; 10-21-2013 at 08:38 PM..

Old 10-21-2013, 08:31 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,199,204 times
Quote:
He could not because he had a preexisting condition. After he became an adult and dropped from his parents health insurance policy, no insurance company would insure him and he died as a result. It is all in the link I provided.
Doesn't sound like he would be profitable to the insurance company, though.

Old 10-21-2013, 08:33 PM

3,395 posts, read 3,432,460 times
A certain amount of non pays are allotted for in our rates.

Old 10-21-2013, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Mabe he was like me got cancer,I have been paying cash for my cancer surgeries since 1987 cause I want to live. I work as a Carpenter and can swing it OK if I needed it for free on someone elses dime I would be dead. Had to surgerys this year alone and paid cash with a great discount by a world renound Doctor in Durango Co . free ain't free my way works for me plus I get to pay a stupid Obama fine to cheer you up. good luck collecting the fine I am self employed.

Old 10-21-2013, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
Mabe he was like me got cancer,I have been paying cash for my cancer surgeries since 1987 cause I want to live. I work as a Carpenter and can swing it OK if I needed it for free on someone elses dime I would be dead. Had to surgerys this year alone and paid cash with a great discount by a world renound Doctor in Durango Co . free ain't free my way works for me plus I get to pay a stupid Obama fine to cheer you up. good luck collecting the fine I am self employed.
You won't have to pay in prison which is your new plan. I am guessing your 'cancer surgeries" were removal of skin moles or the like.

Old 10-21-2013, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Doesn't sound like he would be profitable to the insurance company, though.
No, probably not. Insurance companies do not like to insure those with a high probability of becoming ill. That was why Medicare came to be. Health insurance companies were dropping senior citizens from their insurance coverage like hot potatoes!

Old 10-21-2013, 08:48 PM

17,341 posts, read 9,157,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
If a person can't afford treatment or cure

Should they not receive treatment they are unable to currently pay for?

Should they search for charity?
Should the hospital bill the government?
Should the hospital garnish their wages until paid off, with interest?
Should the family members be forced to pay?
Should the hospital take a loss on the patient (bankruptcy)?
Should the patient be gouged as much as possible?
Should the wealthy people pay?
Should every taxpayer pay an even amount?
Should it depend on the cost of treatment?
Should only certain illnesses be paid for?
Should they have their property seized?
Should they be placed in a debtor's prison?
Should they be told to find a better job?

What should happen to those who currently can't afford to treat or cure their disease?
They will call Obama of course ... he promised that everyone would be "covered". He promised a world full of rainbows, a world of Utopia. He Promised.

Old 10-21-2013, 08:54 PM

Quote:
You won't have to pay in prison which is your new plan. I am guessing your 'cancer surgeries" were removal of skin moles or the like.
Try my entire bottom lip ,the top of 4 knuckils the tops of my ears and my right cheek I don' even know why I responed to this lunacy .how bout I pm you the receipts and you can send me a check for the bills and be all happy with hope and change and unicorns and rainbows and you can sleep tonite.

Old 10-21-2013, 08:56 PM

15,701 posts, read 16,971,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Wrong.

No one pays.

Those giving the service eat the bill.
No they don't.

They raise prices across the board and everyone else pays for it.

Just like shoplifting.....the store doesn't "eat it".....they raise prices to make up for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies