Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 05:05 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrow1 View Post
I'm not getting the outrage here. Would it not be expected that an employee at a private sector call center would be terminated under identical circumstances? It seems to me Hannity should have been cogniscant of that and not felt the need to play "gotcha" with this person. Shades of James O'keefe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
It IS a private sector call center. She is not a government employee. Are you conservatives now arguing that private employers should not be free to employ (or not employ) anyone they want. Should they be forced to keep her on the payroll when they do not desire to? Have you no shame?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Minded View Post
Any liberals here have a comment now?

Lol
LOL! They've had lots of comments ~ read the ones above and below. Welcome to 'right to work' laws! Employment 'at will'! Ya'll love that dontcha?

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
ahahahha
sorry, but most likely she lives in a state where conservatives have "right to work" laws. They can let you go for any reason they want.
Quote:
I think it is conservatives that have some explaining to do. THE WOMAN WORKED FOR A PRIVATE SECTOR EMPLOYER. You want to tell private employers what hiring/retention decisions they can make? You are in our bedrooms and now you want to be in the board room too if it suits your agenda. What do you stand for? Shifting values, I think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2013, 05:23 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,356,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
ahahahha
sorry, but most likely she lives in a state where conservatives have "right to work" laws. They can let you go for any reason they want.
If she is union, she likely has a 'just cause' provision in her contract under which she can sue. If not she does not, unless she could find a way to sue under Title VII of the 1964 civil rights act. In any case, 'right to work' has no bearing. But it is an argument in favor of belonging to a union.

Even more so, it is an argument for having Hannity on your side when Obama tries to squash you.

Old 10-24-2013, 05:29 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,327,541 times
Quote:
I think it is conservatives that have some explaining to do. THE WOMAN WORKED FOR A PRIVATE SECTOR EMPLOYER.
So what? Who is paying their bills? Do you honestly believe someone from the government didn't lean on them HARD. This was a huge embarrassment to the administration and someone was going to pay for it. You know damn well Valerie Jarrett left orders for someone's scalp.

Old 10-24-2013, 05:30 PM

1,718 posts, read 1,055,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
So what? Who is paying their bills? Do you honestly believe someone from the government didn't lean on them HARD. This was a huge embarrassment to the administration and someone was going to pay for it. You know damn well Valerie Jarrett left orders for someone's scalp.
Yup

V I N D I C T I V E

Old 10-24-2013, 05:37 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,668,392 times
So what is the name of this private company? Anybody know? Does, or did, she work directly for them or as a contracted temp?

Quote:
I think it is conservatives that have some explaining to do. THE WOMAN WORKED FOR A PRIVATE SECTOR EMPLOYER. You want to tell private employers what hiring/retention decisions they can make? You are in our bedrooms and now you want to be in the board room too if it suits your agenda. What do you stand for? Shifting values, I think.
Absolutely rest assured nobody here is or wants to be in your bedroom.

Old 10-24-2013, 05:39 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,671,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
She should take the offer of help from Hannity but also get a lawyer and sue for wrongful dismissal. Then give a speech at the Republican convention.
And all it takes is one good speech....

Old 10-24-2013, 05:41 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,671,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
He stated on his show yesterday that he would give her a bonus, help her find a job and insure she does not miss a single paycheck.

He put out a call for anyone who knows her to contact him.
Maybe he can't make it better....maybe she doesn't want the help.

Old 10-24-2013, 05:44 PM

1,702 posts, read 1,919,229 times
Quote:
It IS a private sector call center. She is not a government employee. Are you conservatives now arguing that private employers should not be free to employ (or not employ) anyone they want. Should they be forced to keep her on the payroll when they do not desire to? Have you no shame?
Did you even read my post? That was exactly my point.

Old 10-24-2013, 05:47 PM

31,035 posts, read 22,064,322 times
Unless the company she worked for is owned by Uncle Joe they are probably screwed too, and will lose their contract with the Gov.

Old 10-24-2013, 05:57 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Minded View Post
You know, I really have to commend her for being so kind and patient. She probably gets yelled at all day long, yet she remains kind and patient.

And doubly appreciate her for her honesty.

Edit: Ah, so she was fired. That was predictable. Now maybe she can find a better life than working in a horrid call center. This may very well have been a blessing in disguise for her.

As for speaking to the media, if they never told her that, then why are libs getting all upset about it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies