Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 10:28 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,460,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrow1 View Post
I'm not getting the outrage here.
I haven't seen any outrage. It's just par for the course that the Obama administration lets people get away with criminal acts when those acts benefit it, and comes down hard on trivial things when those things don't benefit it. Like framing the youtube video for Benghazi and sending its maker to jail for a year.
Quote:
Would it not be expected that an employee at a private sector call center would be terminated under identical circumstances?
I doubt it. I've worked in call centers before. Now there's no question that she said inappropriate things given her position, but you'd get hauled into the manager's office and given a lecture. You wouldn't get fired.
Quote:
It seems to me Hannity should have been cogniscant of that and not felt the need to play "gotcha" with this person. Shades of James O'keefe
Hannity had no control over what her responses were. She's the one who chose to make the comments she did. All he did was ask her questions. And it wasn't shades of O'Keefe because Hannity played the entire phone call. He didn't edit it the way O'Keefe did. He also offered to help her if she suffered any repercussions for what she said, and when she did get fired he made good on that offer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2013, 05:12 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,275,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
I don't think they had any choice but to fire her
lol wut

Old 10-25-2013, 06:36 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Minded View Post
That girl was so nice and honest.

I really hope she did not lose her job for being honest.

Yep, she got fired!

Hannity has accepted that he pay her yearly salary, that she would have received had she not been fired.

Old 10-25-2013, 06:39 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,033,806 times
So she got held accountable for talking to a radio host, yet not one person has been held accountable with the Healthcare .gov website. Not one.

Again, what is so great about government again? Unless you are in the government then you know you can fail and fail and fail and still keep your job.

Old 10-25-2013, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
So she got held accountable for talking to a radio host, yet not one person has been held accountable with the Healthcare .gov website. Not one.

Again, what is so great about government again? Unless you are in the government then you know you can fail and fail and fail and still keep your job.
She didn't have friends in government. She choose poorly...

Old 10-25-2013, 06:49 AM

It is like she should have known which "team" she was working for. You know the secret wink and handshake club.

She was hired to lie. But she chose the truth.

Old 10-25-2013, 06:51 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,192,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
It is like she should have known which "team" she was working for. You know the secret wink and handshake club.

She was hired to lie. But she chose the truth.
As they say: "The truth shall set you free".

This episode should get "some" attention to the small percentage of Obama Kool-Aid drinking people of how actually crooked this administration is imo.

Old 10-25-2013, 06:55 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Yep, she got fired!

Hannity has accepted that he pay her yearly salary, that she would have received had she not been fired.
Ol' Sean really stepped up for this gal. Fronting ber a years salary and belping ber find another job as well. It doesn't surprize me they fired her. You DON'T tell the truth if it makes Obama look bad. Not if the government is signinv your checks anyway. But hey, Hannity is stepping up here. Regardless of what you might think of him, he's showing some real compassion and empathy. He could have just let her twist in the wind, which some MSNBC personality would probably have done in the same situation. The story never wiuld have even made air., and she would have been on the street, blackballed, for her impertinence in daring to say negative things about Dearest Leaders signature program.

I gotta give Sean accolades here. What he's doing is massive cool and shows character.

Old 10-25-2013, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicket View Post
He was looking to get CONTROVERSY on his show...which is what his listeners love. (Kinda like soap opera for your ears.) If she got fired for talking to the media was not something he cared about.

I don't think by the sound of it, she knew her full job description. To lie.

Old 10-25-2013, 07:03 AM

9 pages in and neo-proggies still can't tell us why she was fired?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies