Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2013, 08:39 AM

423 posts, read 414,739 times

Advertisements

BigCrock Obama

The spendiest US President of all-time.

Keeping the Democrat platform alive and well: buying votes with social programs paid for by other peoples money.

Ya gotta luv 'em.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2013, 08:41 AM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,623,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
I guess the fact that your fancy graphics have already been debunked is of no concern to you.

1. Clinton never ran a surplus.
2. The ONLY reason his numbers improved, was because a republican house and senate passed budgets that were sound.
3. Obama has added over 7 trillion in debt, more than any U.S. President, AND he still has 2 years to go!

The below was over a year an a half ago.....

President Obama: The Biggest Government Spender In World History - Forbes

This next article was in March, 1 Trillion Dollars ago..

National debt up $6 trillion since Obama took office - CBS News
Wasn't it Clinton that used reserve monies set aside for our SS? Sounds like he just robbed senior citizens.

Last edited by NCN; 10-22-2013 at 08:51 AM..

Old 10-22-2013, 08:46 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,461,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Wasn't it Clinton that used reserve monies set aside for our SS. Sounds like he just robbed senior citizens.
That was Reagan not Clinton.

Old 10-22-2013, 08:46 AM
NCN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Diamond View Post
BigCrock Obama

The spendiest US President of all-time.

Keeping the Democrat platform alive and well: buying votes with social programs paid for by other peoples money.

Ya gotta luv 'em.
Borrowed from China. It's our children's future he is messing with. Both parties are to blame. Democrats cannot stop giving to social programs and Republicans think taxes should be paid by others because they are creating jobs to make them even more rich. Honest hard-working Americans are being robbed in two directions. We need a good, honest president. Anybody know one? I have a clue; it isn't Clinton.

Old 10-22-2013, 08:50 AM
NCN

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
That was Reagan not Clinton.
I looked this up a long time ago. I would like to see a source that states which presidents robbed the kitty. Seems I remember it to be Nixon and Clinton. There may be others. It should not have been allowed.

It is amazing to me how one president quietly does damaging things to our country and it gets blamed on a less popular president. I used to think that Clinton was a good president but the later fallout from his administration has been really bad. The fallout from this administration may be total destruction of our country. Get rid of your gigantic ego, Mr. President.

I think the biggest fallout from Reagan and Bush are all the illegals robbing our country of food, housing and medical care while working for low wages to make company workers rich. Then the companies pay money to representatives in congress and the president to keep it going. Honest people may need to organize their own march on Washington.

Last edited by NCN; 10-22-2013 at 09:03 AM..

Old 10-22-2013, 08:53 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,461,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
nice try OP, but bush only racked up $5 trillion in debt in eight years, remember he started 5 trillion in debt when he took office. obama took that $10 trillion in debt, and pushed it to $17 trillion, which when you do the math means that obama has ADDED $7 trillion in debt, in just over half the time it took bush to add $5 trillion. this thread is a failure.
Bush's tax cuts are still with us and led to our long term imbalance between between revenues and expenses.
Most of our debt is a Bush legacy.

Old 10-22-2013, 08:56 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,118,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post

Bush racked up 10 trillion in debt with 2 wars and unfunded tax cuts for the rich 10 trillion is more than half of 16 or 17 trillion so Bush caused like 60% of our debt. Even Regan spent more than twice what Obama has spent and even a little more than Bush I can not understand how Republican nutjobs love Regan so much he spent like there was no tomorrow

For more info Tea Party Nuts
Your very first sentence is wrong. Bush didn't "rack up 10 trillion in debt...". If we are to believe your charts, Bush "racked up" ~ 4.3 trillion in debt from 2000-2008.

Further, your interpretation of "annualized growth" is faulty in the context of your intent in this thread.

Total fail of a thread.

Old 10-22-2013, 08:58 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,167,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
One wonders what planet the Pubs are living on in their desperate attempts to deny that 8 horrific years of Bush happened. Bush was given a SURPLUS and turned this into a record deficit. He decimated every domestic category, sending each one into crisis mode. This, while submerging this country into two unnecessary wars, which represented a black hole of spending.

We have the idiot GOP trying to cause President Obama to fail. They want the economy to fail under Obama, so they emphasize CUTS. They want the deficit to rise under Obama, so they oppose REVENUE. They want all but the rich to suffer under Obama, thinking that these people will be suckered into supporting the GOP as an alternative, so they are obsessed with continuing tax breaks for the rich while everyone else can go to hell. They have kicked off the tea party branch to facilitate failure. All they do in Congress is obstruct, obstruct, obstruct.

Failure, negativity, ineffectiveness, lousy policies, lies, deceptive marketing, extortion, narrow-mindedness, rigidity, obstruction, and bigotry are all the party of Dixie can offer. They know nothing about running an economy. This is the reason why they are in a free fall.
This is possibly the most meaningful post of yours I have read in years. At least you talked about issues, instead of Obama's grace, intellect, good looks, demeanor, civility, and charm.

Old 10-22-2013, 09:01 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,118,390 times
All I see on this thread are a bunch of liberals who can't do math.

2000 debt: $5.63T
2008 debt: $9.99T
=$4.36T added to the national debt by Bush according to the graphic.

Quote:
Bush racked up 10 trillion in debt with 2 wars and unfunded tax cuts for the
rich 10 trillion is more than half of 16 or 17 trillion so Bush caused like 60%
of our debt. Even Regan spent more than twice what Obama has spent and even a
little more than Bush I can not understand how Republican nutjobs love Regan so
much he spent like there was no tomorrow.
What a bunch of losers you folks are! Embarrassing beyond belief! And to think that there are no less than 10 liberals on this thread who have YET to see their own ignorance!!

LOL

Old 10-22-2013, 09:04 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,541,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
U.S. Treasury sells bills, notes, bonds, and Treasury Inflation-Protected Securities (TIPS) to institutional and individual investors through public auctions. At the close of an auction, Treasury accepts competitive bids in ascending order of their rate or yield (lowest to highest) until the quantity of awarded bids reaches the offering amount.

If prospective bidders have no confidence, bidders will bid higher rates. If there was no demand for the debt instruments, only higher rate bidders would get accepted. Since that isn't happening, there are plenty of investors willing to bid low rates to lend money to our government.

How brainwashed are you to believe nonsense?
I guess you demmies never heard of QE?

It's where the Fed prints money to buy Treasuries.

Get a clue and wipe your face.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies