Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2013, 03:39 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,443,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
They're conservatives BECAUSE they have learned more than the average person - especially when it comes to the use of force and why the government should not be forcing us.

The men who wrote the Declaration of Independence were NOT dumb. They were not ignorant. They were very well-read, and people who thought very deeply about a lot of things. They were also a minority. However, what they said, and the influence of those things was so great they moved the colonies to go to war to break free of England.

Conservatives today see things very much as they did, for all the same reasons. Either you're going to have to start proving that what they said back then was totally false, or that somehow human nature has changed dramatically since then.

Yes, those people DID know more and DID understand more than the average person. And their greatest concern was not to control the people, but to defend their right to NOT be controlled by powers above them. That's a level of humility no liberal ever even understands, much less has reached.

For your first point, I wouldn't agree with half the things an overly liberal college professor would say, but the liberal bias in higher education proves that knowing enough to have a Ph.D doesn't make one a conservative.

You also don't understand how much American liberals value freedom, but that's something you'll probably never realize or acknowledge.

As for your entire post, you've completely proven my point: like conspiracy theorists, ultra-conservatives think they have figured out the secret answers and that everyone else is too dumb or blind to understand. The most amusing part is that your wise superhuman sages who wrote our Constitution left the document so vague that we're still sitting here hundreds of years later trying to decide what they meant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2013, 04:18 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
About what?

What "lie" have I told?
If I'm going by the Pnwmdk School of Debate, I don't have to back up my statements or explain anything.
"You lie" should suffice.
After all, you do it on a regular basis.

Old 10-22-2013, 04:33 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,969,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
For your first point, I wouldn't agree with half the things an overly liberal college professor would say, but the liberal bias in higher education proves that knowing enough to have a Ph.D doesn't make one a conservative.
No, it means you can still be arrogant and ignorant and STILL be a professor.

Quote:
You also don't understand how much American liberals value freedom, but that's something you'll probably never realize or acknowledge.
They do not value it AT ALL.

Quote:
As for your entire post, you've completely proven my point: like conspiracy theorists, ultra-conservatives think they have figured out the secret answers and that everyone else is too dumb or blind to understand. The most amusing part is that your wise superhuman sages who wrote our Constitution left the document so vague that we're still sitting here hundreds of years later trying to decide what they meant.
I can't imagine how you can be this ignorant.

The Constitution is not vague. I'm not a conspiracy theorist. I don't have any "secret" answers. In fact, what I know is nothing extraordinary at all. The only difference between me and you... is that I have adopted principles instead of politics, and think and apply principles to decide what is good, instead of choosing what to be for, and then searching for arguments for it.

Old 10-22-2013, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
If I'm going by the Pnwmdk School of Debate, I don't have to back up my statements or explain anything.
"You lie" should suffice.
After all, you do it on a regular basis.
What else do I need to say, when people say stuff they KNOW isn't true?

Old 10-22-2013, 04:34 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,823,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Something I've noticed on here. The partisan right wing posters on here always seem to know how liberals think, and telling them what to think. You know, stupid stuff like, "we know all liberals want everyone to be on government welfare" or stuff along the lines of, "liberals always fall in lock step with their heroes".

First of all, what sense does it make, at all, to have everyone on government welfare or some form of government program? Do right-wingers really believe that everyone on the left wants everyone to be lazy? I hardly think so.

Second, I've been on both sides of this fence for a while now. I can tell you with conviction, that it is the right-wing who are the least free thinkers in the political arena. There is no Rush Limbaugh on the left, nor does the left have any super dominant news outlet that everyone tunes to. Which leads me to my conclusion, the left are not a flock of geese that the right-wingers think every liberal is.

Agree or disagree?
"political correctness"........the correct thought or view of all things , according to the left. done!

Old 10-22-2013, 05:18 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Why do liberals always tell the successful how to spend the money they've earned?

And lately that takes the form of removing it from the successful at gunpoint.
Oh really? At gunpoint, huh?

Explain.

Old 10-22-2013, 05:43 PM

1,696 posts, read 1,714,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
the CEO of CFA believes what every civilization for the whole history of humankind has believed... including Sparta which was a civilization that was built in some measure on an appreciation of homosexuality....
They also believed in gods raping women, slaughtering the useless old and the unhealthy infant, and evil spirits.

If it's all the same to you, I'd rather not base my world-view on that of a bunch of Iron-age barbarians.

Old 10-22-2013, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Oh really? At gunpoint, huh?

Explain.
Try not paying your taxes. See who has the guns pointed at you.

Old 10-22-2013, 06:03 PM

1,696 posts, read 1,714,788 times
Usually the IRS will work out a payment plan.

Guns don't usually enter the equation unless you're not paying taxes on your drug-running business. Then 'taxes' are usually the least of your worries.

Old 10-22-2013, 06:35 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,954,135 times
The OP must certainly be a selective reader, since the liberals on here do exactly the same thing he is accusing the right of doing. I wonder why that is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies