Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2013, 09:12 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,439,484 times

Advertisements

I have to send out a special thanks to greedy, nasty, big business for saving our healthcare system. Yes, that's right all you "down with corporate America" people, you better thank VERIZON for saving Obamacare. Verizon has been hired to pull the government's behind out of the fire and to fix the Obamacare website. Another very clear sign that government runs NOTHING effectively or efficiently. Obama is the WORST president we have EVER had!!!

Over 5 million lines of code need to be corrected!!! What the heck have they been doing over the last 3 years??

Rubio pushing bill to delay ObamaCare mandate over website meltdown | Fox News

You mark my words there will be a new tax to pay for this screw up!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2013, 09:23 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times
He's hiring Verizon in the good old US of A? So now we have to pay double, one for the screw up and more for the fix.

Old 10-22-2013, 09:28 AM

9,470 posts, read 6,968,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
He's hiring Verizon in the good old US of A? So now we have to pay double, one for the screw up and more for the fix.
Verizon is an expert at fixing broken retail systems?

I think Verizon just had the best lobbyists.

Old 10-22-2013, 09:29 AM

46,276 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Hahaaaa..........

Old 10-22-2013, 09:32 AM

39,077 posts, read 51,218,516 times
Verizon? Their website is slow, confusing and hard to navigate. Makes sense.

Old 10-22-2013, 09:36 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,941,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
I have to send out a special thanks to greedy, nasty, big business for saving our healthcare system. Yes, that's right all you "down with corporate America" people, you better thank VERIZON for saving Obamacare. Verizon has been hired to pull the government's behind out of the fire and to fix the Obamacare website. Another very clear sign that government runs NOTHING effectively or efficiently. Obama is the WORST president we have EVER had!!!

Over 5 million lines of code need to be corrected!!! What the heck have they been doing over the last 3 years??

I find it hummerous that people would complain about the millions used to hire computer techs to screw up HealcareCare.gov

but are unaware of the billions the US payed for the failing F35 fighter project.

The F-35 Fighter is the costliest weapons program in U.S. history. The Pentagon estimates it will cost $392 billion to develop and build 2,443 of the new jets for use by the U.S. Air Force, Navy and Marine Corps. 1 trillion dollars to maintain the aircraft for the next 50 years, well actually the pentagon revised the cost down to 875 billion.

US allies are complaining about the 400 million price tag per plane.

Were you aware of this?

Old 10-22-2013, 09:39 AM

46,276 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
I find it hummerous that people would complain about the millions used to hire computer techs to screw up HealcareCare.gov

but are unaware of the billions the US payed for the failing F35 fighter project.

The F-35 Fighter is the costliest weapons program in U.S. history. The Pentagon estimates it will cost $392 billion to develop and build 2,443 of the new jets for use by the U.S. Air Force, Navy and Marine Corps. 1 trillion dollars to maintain the aircraft for the next 50 years, well actually the pentagon revised the cost down to 875 billion.

Were you aware of this?
Great deflection, now back on topic.....

What is the cost to build and maintain a website? I'll take the lefties estimate that only $96 million was used, does that seem o.k.?

Old 10-22-2013, 09:42 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:

Actually the web site was not written by the government, or Obama, but private software companies which were contracted to do it.

Old 10-22-2013, 09:48 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,406,487 times
Quote:

So Verizon is doing this work for free for the country???

Old 10-22-2013, 09:48 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times
Quote:

I wonder if he will say, "They didn't make that"!, after private industry makes the Obamacare website.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies