Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2013, 12:47 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,175,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Took a beating from one, huh?

Hope you weren't too traumatized.

The only time I would see people like this in my neighborhood is if they were carrying a leaf blower or riding on the back of a garbage truck.

Old 10-30-2013, 12:53 PM

130 posts, read 156,062 times
[quote=Spaten_Drinker;32022768].... and they fight like men.

ghetto white girls fighting at Denny's YouTube 480p] - YouTube

As if white girls of the same class, do not act the same way. The main difference is, the white girl fight will only garner 2000 or so views on youtube, while the black girl fight will get hundreds of thousands of views, because people want to believe that all black women are loud, rude and aggressive, so it just feeds their stereotypical notions about black women.

Watching white girls fight does nothing for them, because in their mind, white women are the ideal, so they don't want to watch those negative images of their "ideal" women.

Old 10-30-2013, 01:07 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,830,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie_inFall View Post
In H.S. I was very much the "nerd," however, I did have a number of guys interested in me, because I never looked geeky. My nickname was actually "Ms. Makeup," because I loved wearing pink lip gloss, eye shadow, and blush. My first BF was white, I didn't date black guys until college.

In polite company, I'd never admit that I have 0 interest in dating black guys, but online I am more honest and will just admit that white men are my preference. I have a certain type that I'm very much into (the tall slightly geeky (brown haired) urban type, who does well professionally). If I met a black guy like this, I would definitely date him, but many black guys tend to date women who are lighter than themselves and I happen to be dark.

I have learned to embrace my skin tone because it is unique and gives me advantages with respect to looking extremely young and of course blemish-free skin.

No! Some if thats the case you would see every black male with a light skinned black chick and thats not the case at all. Also why isnt it that light complexioned black women go for dark skin black dudes? issue
its not that much of an issue at all

Old 10-30-2013, 01:08 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
The only time I would see people like this in my neighborhood is if they were carrying a leaf blower or riding on the back of a garbage truck.
Folks where you're from can't afford to hire landscapers and there's no refuse service at that trailer park.

Glad that you're not discouraged from dreaming though. Maybe one day if you keep flipping enough burgers.

Old 10-30-2013, 02:43 PM

130 posts, read 156,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
No! Some if thats the case you would see every black male with a light skinned black chick and thats not the case at all. Also why isnt it that light complexioned black women go for dark skin black dudes? issue
its not that much of an issue at all
Most light complexioned black women have no issues dating a dark black guy, especially since many are heavily pursued by them on a frequent basis.

Old 10-30-2013, 02:53 PM

7,732 posts, read 12,624,521 times
I'm black and I have been to many predominately white schools. I never had a problem. I think black girls/women have a deep fundamental problem within themselves. They are always the ones with these self-esteem issues and insecurities.

Old 10-30-2013, 03:05 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,826,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
If they aren't a thug, they're a UT. Anyone who thinks they can be non-thug yet thinking they are stil" acting Black" is just trying to have their cake and eat it too. To get along with both sides and identify with both. Doesn't work that way. That's why thugs referred to non-thugs as "acting white".

There's nothing wrong with being a UT by Dems. It's also referred to in the Republican party as being a normal person.
LOL at you. So black guys can only be thugs or uncle toms lol. What are the terms for white guys? I'd like to know that one.

And FWIW, my cousin especially is very nerdy, he is a nerdy black dude but is actually "into" black history and black people. An uncle tom is a self hating black person. He is nothing like that. His wife is geeky and a history nerd like he is and they get along great and are a cute couple.

My uncle is similar except he and his wife are party animals, even in their 50s now they love going to clubs and dancing and having drinks. That is how they "clicked" nothing in regards to thugs or uncle tommery. He also is not a self hating black person and doesn't hate black people and says nothing disparaging about black people.

Contrary to what you and many believe, black people are just people. We don't fit a particular mold and especially not two specific ones like thugs and uncle toms lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
I'm black and I have been to many predominately white schools. I never had a problem. I think black girls/women have a deep fundamental problem within themselves. They are always the ones with these self-esteem issues and insecurities.
Generalize much???

LOL at you too. Like ALL black girls and women have "deep fundamental problems" with themselves. That is freaking hilarious!!

I am a black woman and I love being black, I have natural, nappy hair, love black history and love men in general but am married to a black man.

Teens period have problems with themselves, but not specifically black girls/women. It is just the hormones with those crazy acting girls you see. They'll calm down in a few years.

Also too funny about the Micky Ds fight from youtube. I don't get all you people and your youtube references as if they are representative of every sort of thing or person or historical snippet that they portray. The worse "ghetto" fight I ever saw in my life was when 3 white girls attacked a "mixed" (bi-racial white/black) girl with a crow bar and busted her head open at high school then threw her over a balcony inside the school. Luckily the wrestlers had had practice in the basement the previous evening and left out their mats because the girl landed on the matts, about 5 of them and she was not killed. She was in ICU for over a month though and never came back to school and suffered brain damage.

So black girls are not the only girls who fight.

Old 10-30-2013, 03:32 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,177,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
There seems to be women of different backgrounds in this video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie_inFall View Post

ghetto white girls fighting at Denny's YouTube 480p] - YouTube

As if white girls of the same class, do not act the same way. The main difference is, the white girl fight will only garner 2000 or so views on youtube, while the black girl fight will get hundreds of thousands of views, because people want to believe that all black women are loud, rude and aggressive, so it just feeds their stereotypical notions about black women.

Watching white girls fight does nothing for them, because in their mind, white women are the ideal, so they don't want to watch those negative images of their "ideal" women.
This is so true. They only want to see what helps to reinforce their prejudices. SMH@ the crazy chicks in this video, fighting like men and disrupting other people's meals.

Old 10-31-2013, 06:17 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,285,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
And FWIW, my cousin especially is very nerdy, he is a nerdy black dude
Then he's acting white and is a self-hating black person to thugs. He's not really culturally black anymore but pretends to think he is, probably as a result of his need to feel like he belongs or guilt over those he "left behind" when he evolved as a human being. Again, there's nothing wrong with that and I commend anyone who follows in his footsteps. He's picked a side, and it's the right side. He's acting white and left the thug lifestyle behind.

Old 10-31-2013, 06:23 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,285,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
No..I'm not out to convince you of anything. Who are you that I need to convince you of anything.
Never asked you to convince me of anything.

Quote:
I'm actually laughing my ass off
I think that's great. Laughing is good for your health.

Quote:
That's the REAL truth.
Seen a lot of opinions and perceptions, no "truth".

Quote:
Again, white males and black females aren't checking for each other by and large. I never said that there aren't exceptions.
Agreed. You missed the part where I said a portion of the thug population.

Quote:
Again...showing your displeasure
Cite?

Quote:
only this time you're in such hysterics over the topic that you're not being as cryptic about it as you'd normally be.
Can you identify the lexical cues in my response that note any hysterical sentiment?

Quote:
White women (or any other race of women) don't belong to you.
Missed the part where I said that.

Quote:
You should act like a man
Wife disagrees with you.

Quote:
and stop this fascination
Cite?

Quote:
with caring so much about who other women have relationships with. That's Rona Barrett type stuff...guys with female traits get into that type of stuff.
Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, Dr. Freud.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies