Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2013, 05:51 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,780,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.M.M View Post
From what is seen on the video I would disagree. He was being partially held back at the time as well. The beginning of the video is him being pulled away from a pile as well, so there is much more to the story than the video shows.
She shouldn't have gone after a guy twice her size, it was a dumb move. All I'm saying is it is imo wrong for a guy to punch a girl half his size in the face under almost all circumstances. There are a few extreme circumstances where I would not blame the guy, but that certainly was not one of them
There is much more and I posted it. Go back and read what happened according to the police.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2013, 05:56 PM

513 posts, read 695,705 times
Guess I'm in the minority. The guy threw a straight right to her face about one second after she ran up to him. Cannot even see from the video what she did. If a girl slaps or even punches me, my first reaction is not to sock her in the mouth with a right hand. Guess not many people share the same point of view these days?
I compared it to 13 year old kid because they are the same size and pose the same threat to a guy his size

Old 10-22-2013, 05:59 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,597,926 times
Any hypocrites in this thread? If the b from the other video deserved to get punched then this b deserves it also according to a lot of male posters from the other thread.

Btw, imo...no man should hit a woman.

Old 10-22-2013, 06:02 PM

835 posts, read 1,040,487 times
Quote:
Guess I'm in the minority. The guy threw a straight right to her face about one second after she ran up to him. Cannot even see from the video what she did. If a girl slaps or even punches me, my first reaction is not to sock her in the mouth with a right hand. Guess not many people share the same point of view these days?
I compared it to 13 year old kid because they are the same size and pose the same threat to a guy his size
Of course you are in the minority. Your logic doesn't make any sense.

Are you telling me that I can go around and assault people bigger than me and expect them not to defend themselves just because they're bigger? That's basically what you're saying. You're telling us that just because he was bigger, he has no right to defend himself against his attacker.

Don't try to bring harm to somebody and expect them to take it just because they're bigger than you.

She deserved it.

Old 10-22-2013, 06:05 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,480,960 times
SO where do we draw the line as far as a man "defending" himself from a girl hitting him in the face? Does he get to use his fist and punch her as hard as he can, knocking her unconscious? After all, she might have hit him as hard as she could but he hardly budged. He gets pissed and instead of just slapping her he knocks her as hard as he would a 210 pound man.

I don't know. I think she deserved what she got but that doesn't mean a man can fight women like he would fight a man his own size.

Old 10-22-2013, 06:14 PM

513 posts, read 695,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovethecommunity View Post
Of course you are in the minority. Your logic doesn't make any sense.

Are you telling me that I can go around and assault people bigger than me and expect them not to defend themselves just because they're bigger? That's basically what you're saying. You're telling us that just because he was bigger, he has no right to defend himself against his attacker.

Don't try to bring harm to somebody and expect them to take it just because they're bigger than you.

She deserved it.
I know for sure many guys have been taught not to hit a female. Like I said, he had other avenues of defending himself besides socking a female half his size in the mouth.

IMO they were both wrong. I would agree the girl is more to blame, but the guy was not justified in his actions either

Old 10-22-2013, 06:18 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,480,960 times
I have never met a guy who thinks its ok either. Defending himself yes, but not hitting.

Old 10-22-2013, 06:23 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Just hold your arm out and push her away?
Feminism doesn't change biology; you are still bigger and stronger than she is.
Her butterfly punches can't hurt you.
You on the other hand can hurt her plenty.
Uh; IF a woman KNOWS where to hit; she can drop even a MMA dude down.

Old 10-22-2013, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Apparently you didn't read my post which gave more information. That's OK.

A 13 year old would think twice before attacking a stranger who was a full grown man. Obviously your friend lacks a sense of judgment. Like I said very early on in this thread - she has issues that need to be addressed. I bet she's done this before - physically attacking men - and they probably brushed it off and she thought this guy would do the same. I bet the only lesson she learned is not to attack a stranger and stick to attacking people you know who won't react in kind.

Old 10-22-2013, 06:58 PM

Quote:
I know for sure many guys have been taught not to hit a female. Like I said, he had other avenues of defending himself besides socking a female half his size in the mouth.

IMO they were both wrong. I would agree the girl is more to blame, but the guy was not justified in his actions either
WOW. Now he punched her in the mouth.

Go back and look at the video. He clipped her on the left side of her forehead - she puts her left hand up to where he made contact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies