Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2013, 01:52 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,542,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
my question then is what does the president know? it seems like every time there is an issue that would reflect badly on the president, he doesnt know anything about it. and why wasnt he trying to get progress reports on the status of the website? i mena they only had three years to create it, and they spent anywhere from $95-600 million on it depending on who you talk to. what doesnt obama MEET with ANY of his underlings? if he doesnt, then he is an extremely poor CEO. if he does, but he doesnt ask the hard questions, then again he is being a poor CEO. if he does ask the hard questions, and does get the answers, does he check to see if those answers are accurate? if not well you ge the idea. if he is getting accurate answers, then we have to ask, is obama lying again?
This argument you are making makes no sense.

First off, some of our greatest presidents hardly ever met with their "underlings" as you call them.

Second, your argument that President Obama would be an incompetent leader if he believes other people in his administration... Do you hear yourself right now ?????

third, when did he lie ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2013, 01:52 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,969,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Why would he? My impression is that you're unfamiliar with how the federal government is operated and who does what, and when. If you're going to criticize the President for something, do it for something he's done wrong (and you can find that easily enough). Making-up excuses to attack him is, well ... you know.
So, Obama could not make Obamacare work even if he was the most amazing manager in the universe, and he wasn't supposed to know if a major component (the website) has major flaws... But Bush was to blame for Abu Ghraib.

You guys all get onto the same page here, if you're going to convince anyone.

Old 10-23-2013, 02:01 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
I can keep my plan. It is still there and has roughly the same coverage level it has had for the last 10 years. But I don't want to because Obama has a better deal for me in the new ACA plans. Choice is sweet.

Old 10-23-2013, 02:04 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
Curious. Does anyone with an employer plan know if their plan is a gold, silver, etc. My enrollment papers say it complies but it does not say what "metal" (actuarial value) it is. Are they hiding something?

Old 10-23-2013, 02:04 PM

2,861 posts, read 3,851,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
My boss knows about the bug found in our product this week. He probably told his boss, the leader of our division, but it is unlikely that word will ever reach our CEO, unless a customer asks him about it. It's an operations issue, not a strategy issue.
The bug?

In your try for an example it appears that the managers and CEO you reference have an understand of what is important and what isn't. This was probably gained from experience and sound judgment in similar situations.

This is much looking much bigger than a 'bug'. This is a keystone of 'the strategy'. This is looking like a failure of processes, planning, systems, organizations, executives, and management (at ALL levels). It may be that no one involved in decision making roles had any practical experience...probably lots of 'education' and teaching others how to do things.

Some are now suggesting the whole thing may need to be redone...and the story is that the 'A team' techs are being called in. Terrific, who was there before? (Depending on how bad it really is, this may be analogous to having 9 women flown in to produce one baby in a month).

It smacks of management not having the proper structure, knowing/asking the right questions, or understanding/accepting any 'bad news'. It smacks of believing they could edict a miracle and it would come to pass. It smacks of political decisions outweighing reality....but maybe not. Maybe it was that darn programmer from Canada or India that was at fault

Not to worry though, the media will provide cover again and the fan boys will blame Bush and the techies.

The truly dense will assume it is all about a computer glitch or two.

Old 10-23-2013, 02:06 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,474,745 times
Actually in the real world f*ckups like this happen all the time. Usually it's the Project Managers or Marketing who insist that they can deliver a working product only for it to possess a ton of roll out defects. And when it makes its way up to the CEO then people get fired. Eventhough, in this case, the CEO would basically be Sebelius.
That's like blaming Obama for the applications I'm involved with on at the Government Agency I have business with. Yeah they are mission critical and if they have rollout defects they aren't gonna be his fault.

Look at who was the main contractor....

Old 10-23-2013, 02:07 PM

20,459 posts, read 12,381,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaffeetrekker View Post
"Let me be clear.....I didn't know nothing about nothing because of Bush....see, it's mostly all Bush's fault and the rest is Ted Cruz's fault..."
you forgot to add "you are all racists for expecting me to know stuff"

Old 10-23-2013, 02:08 PM

9,855 posts, read 15,205,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Obama isn't in charge of this or any IT issues. You can say a lot about what you don't like but blaming the POTUS for IT issues isn't one of them. Although you and the 16 other OP's with the same thread seem to think it's a thing.
I know! Why would Obama ever keep tabs on the one program that he has touted for years as the single greatest thing he could do for the American people? Only an idiot would make sure such a personally important program actually went well.

Old 10-23-2013, 02:09 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
osama rarely knows what's going on.

Old 10-23-2013, 02:09 PM

3,997 posts, read 4,142,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
My boss knows about the bug found in our product this week. He probably told his boss, the leader of our division, but it is unlikely that word will ever reach our CEO, unless a customer asks him about it. It's an operations issue, not a strategy issue.
It may be an operations issue... but it happens enough times the business gets a bad rap and the stockholders (in this case we the taxpayers) expect heads to roll. From the CEO on down. That's part of the responsibility of being in charge and getting paid the big bucks... Taking that responsibility instead of passing blame..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies