Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 07:48 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Be happy to hear some evidence that refutes that study's findings, in the form of a study.

Not all tea partiers are rocket scientists, but most rocket scientists I've come across are tea partiers/libertarians.
You didn't read it, did you? I can tell, b/c your answer is totally inappropriate to the link.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2013, 08:11 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,945,935 times
Quote:
Health and Human Services secretary Kathleen Sebelius responded moments ago to questions about whether she will resign in the wake of the Affordable Care Act’s problematic rollout. Her response is raising some eyebrows.

“My goal is to actually get the website up and running,” she told reporters. “The majority of people calling for me to resign I would say are people who I don’t work for and who do not want this program to work in the first place. I have had frequent conversations with the president and I have committed to him that my role is to get the program up and running and we will do just that.”
Typical Obama administration thinking. Yes sweetie, you do work for us as does YOUR boss.

Old 10-25-2013, 09:41 AM

3,971 posts, read 4,038,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
When I was working, my insurance plan changed at the whim of my employer. I had to change doctors numerous times during my 37 years of employment.

Obama said, if you liked your insurance, you could keep it. He did not guarantee that your insurance company would not cancel your policy.
But for the actions of Obama and Obamacare, the insurance plans would have remained intact. They were dropped not on the whim of the employer, they were dropped because of the Obamacare mandate.

The administration was dishonest but almost every scripted response we hear from them these days is disingenuous.

Old 10-25-2013, 09:49 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,279,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
You didn't read it, did you? I can tell, b/c your answer is totally inappropriate to the link.
Look forward to seeing a study that refutes this correlation, rather than an article that tries to explain away an objective academic anti-Tea Partier's study.

Old 10-25-2013, 10:02 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,108,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggier View Post
HHS brings in Verizon to help HealthCare.gov | Federal Times | federaltimes.com

Seriously?? Verizon?? Ever tried navigating Verizon.com or managing successfully through Verizon's customer unservice telephone menu tree? I could go on but I'll leave that to the responses

No, toasted bread is toast, healthcare.gov is a cluster**** of magnificent proportions. They had at least 4 years to get that website working right before the launch.

Jesus.

Old 10-25-2013, 10:17 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,504,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
No question- he said it in 2009.

I am thinking he did not know otherwise, as opposed to lying about it.

No one knows better than a sitting president that every word spoken is memorialized and will come back to haunt them. There's absolutely no upside in lying, once elected.
In June 2012 Obama said "if you're one of the more than 250 million Americans who already have health insurance, you will keep your health insurance."

You can splice, dice, parse those words to your heart's content. He knew then as he knew earlier that millions of people would not be allowed to keep their health insurance under the new law. He lied.

Old 10-25-2013, 10:58 AM

1,761 posts, read 1,713,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
I'd love to hear a progressive answer to this.

You're correct in your comments. The good comes with the bad.

Unfortunately, success has many fathers, while failure is always an orphan.

It will be interesting to watch this ACA situation. Right now, there are lots of politicians (even some Dems) telling us they were either against it, or weren't really involved enough to know whats was going on with the implementation etc..., Once this gets working (if it does), the same people will be telling us how they were instrumental in making it all happen etc...

Human nature never changes ! Understanding that helps you follow the bouncing ball :-)

In politics and life in general, personally I'm much more likely to support somone who admits they messed up badly and are going to fix the problem, rather than the finger pointers who attempt to blame everyone else around them. Obviously, some people aren't to blame for any particular situation in this or any other given situation, but there are a myriad of others who are in one aspect or another....and it appears we've got "finger pointers" coming out of our ears right now.

Last edited by jasper1372; 10-25-2013 at 11:08 AM..

Old 10-25-2013, 12:17 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Look forward to seeing a study that refutes this correlation, rather than an article that tries to explain away an objective academic anti-Tea Partier's study.
Since you are too closed minded to even look at the link I posted, you do not know what the article says. Hint: It's not the above.

Old 10-25-2013, 05:54 PM

389 posts, read 1,218,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
1. If you have Medicare dealing with the claims who needs the insurance companies? They are nothing but parasites.

2. The claim that the Republicans never came out to abolish Medicare is far from true. Ryan's plan was to abolish Medicare and create a new program, which he would still call Medicare but would be nothing like Medicare, to provide Medicare recipients with inadequate vouchers with which they could try to buy insurance from insurance companies.
Medicare has massive fraud. The government is incapable of ferreting out fraud. This is where the incentive is for insurance companies to handle because they would be paid. Currently, there is no incentive for government to be efficient. Government is only good for one thing done really well. And that is to waste money and buy votes.

Medicare is going bankrupt but that could be halted if there wasn't so much fraud and inefficiency. That is government's fault.

Ryan floated a plan. It was never enacted. It is not the same as abolishing it outright. You assert that the vouchers would be inadequate. You may or may not be correct. But this is a subject that must be addressed or one day Medicare will be no longer.

Old 10-25-2013, 09:21 PM

32,061 posts, read 15,055,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
I had a 65% increase.
On Aetna??? I don't even like them but that is BS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies