Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 07:11 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,279,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
this guy is doing it for the publicity. he's active in the tea party, and he made an attempt at running for congress.

i don't have a strong opinion about doctors going cash-only; i've talked to some doctors about this, though, and they seemed to think that it is a morally wrong thing for a doctor to do.
Correlation does not equal causation.

No surprise it was recently revealed that Tea Party folks are intellectually superior in science and engineering than non-Tea Party folks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2013, 07:12 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,927,795 times
Quote:
this guy is doing it for the publicity. he's active in the tea party, and he made an attempt at running for congress.

i don't have a strong opinion about doctors going cash-only; i've talked to some doctors about this, though, and they seemed to think that it is a morally wrong thing for a doctor to do.
Every doctor that I know does not think like this guy does. Trust me, at most, it'll be 1% of, mostly Southern, non-cosmetic practices that would go "off-grid" but what is the point if everyone has to have insurance anyway? He's too late. Why go to a doctor who does not accept your insurance that you must carry?

Old 10-23-2013, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Every doctor that I know does not think like this guy does. Trust me, at most, it'll be 1% of, mostly Southern, non-cosmetic practices that would go "off-grid" but what is the point if everyone has to have insurance anyway? He's too late. Why go to a doctor who does not accept your insurance that you must carry?
These people will be much more popular in a few years for folks who want to bypass the line inundated with moochers and leeches. I already do it and we're only middle-class and have great insurance.

Old 10-23-2013, 07:15 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,727,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Correlation does not equal causation.
right, so it is just a coincidence that he's a politically active Tea Party member who is running for congress.

Old 10-23-2013, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
exactly. the doctors i spoke to were all educated in South Carolina, and grew up with me, and said that "going cash only" was an elitist, jackass thing to do. i'm inclined to take their perspectives seriously.

i see a name like "Mike Vasovski" and you can bet your ass he wasn't born and raised in south carolina in the first place. He's one of these self-centered ultraconservatives who moves to SC because he thinks we're all nutjobs like him. He would probably fit in better in Dallas as a plastic surgeon.

Old 10-23-2013, 07:31 AM

Quote:
right, so it is just a coincidence that he's a politically active Tea Party member who is running for congress.
Can you point me to a peer reviewed journal article that supports your assertion? Or, is one data point sufficient for you?

Old 10-23-2013, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Can you point me to a peer reviewed journal article that supports your assertion?
lol

you want a peer-reviewed journal that studies the motivations of one particular doctor?

Old 10-23-2013, 07:37 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,927,795 times
Quote:
exactly. the doctors i spoke to were all educated in South Carolina, and grew up with me, and said that "going cash only" was an elitist, jackass thing to do. i'm inclined to take their perspectives seriously.

i see a name like "Mike Vasovski" and you can bet your ass he wasn't born and raised in south carolina in the first place. He's one of these self-centered ultraconservatives who moves to SC because he thinks we're all nutjobs like him. He would probably fit in better in Dallas as a plastic surgeon.
Judging from where he was educated, he's from Texas

Old 10-23-2013, 07:38 AM

6,046 posts, read 4,815,984 times
Quote:
These people will be much more popular in a few years for folks who want to bypass the line inundated with moochers and leeches. I already do it and we're only middle-class and have great insurance.
If you have great insurance then why would you go cash?

Old 10-23-2013, 07:50 AM

Quote:
lol

you want a peer-reviewed journal that studies the motivations of one particular doctor?
Nope, statistics typically work in groups. As an academic, I thrive on verifying hypotheses such as yours through evidence that operate outside the context of your "hunches" and "gut-feelings"

Again, no surprise of that recent revelation that Tea Party folks are positively correlated with being scientifically aware.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies