Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 06:38 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I think we will be mostly legal within 5 to 10 years it will be mostly legal.

Gallup Poll Finds 58% Of Americans Favor Legalizing Marijuana - Forbes

According to a new*Gallup poll, 58 percent of Americans support legalizing marijuana—the largest percentage ever in that survey. “Success at the ballot box in the past year in Colorado and Washington may have increased Americans’ tolerance for marijuana legalization,” Gallup says. “Support for legalization has jumped 10 percentage points since last November and the legal momentum shows no sign of abating.”
The end of prohibition is coming. Very soon, I think. And it's about damn time! What a waste of resources on incarcerating and trying to erradicate a God given plant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Legalization of marijuana amongst conservatives, real conservatives, not the extremist Tea Party types, and liberals is one area both sides can reach common ground.

The genie is out of the bottle now, thank you Colorado and Washington, you have shown true leadership. Thinking Americans thank you.
Oh you mean like us libertarians? Yes I believe that it's just a matter of time before the whole house of cards comes tumbling down, and we finally see an end to this wasteful war on a plant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy-Schmancy View Post
It is time to stop wasting money, man-power and prison space on small-time marijuana offenders.
Yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
more than 58 percent on this forum.. in 10 years it will be legal..
Maybe less than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfman View Post
Again, wth does the TEA party have to do with this? The ranks of the tea party are filled with libertarians. Who do you think is fighting the war on the war on drugs?

I hope you people are right in your projections. We've been fighting this war for 40 years, and it's just starting to crack.
The dam that is prohibition is about to completely fail!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I would like to hear from some of the 40%
Well there are some of that 40% on this board. I'm sure we'll hear from some of them soon in spewing their "Reefer Madness" propaganda!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
This is a direct result of people becoming more aware of libertarian thought.

Support Rand Paul, Mike Lee and Ted Cruz and we'll see the end of the "Prison Industrial Complex".
Liked Ron Paul, but not sold on Rand. Why not support a true libertarian like Gary Johnson?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Employer testing would skyrocket if drugs were legalized.
Not necessarily. My company doesn't. My wife's previous company did, but I believe they were opting out due to the costs involved. It's quite expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Ok.....I've never heard of any pot smoking robbers.

But I'm getting a clue why so many of you leftists are looking for handouts.

Most people who ONLY smoke pot aren't the ones that you would see knocking over a Seven Eleven to get their fix. The ones who usually are, would be those hooked on opiates, or things like meth, and crack.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2013, 06:51 AM

513 posts, read 695,833 times
Of course it should be legal. Its more shocking that 42% still think it should be illegal.

Old 10-23-2013, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.M.M View Post
Of course it should be legal. Its more shocking that 42% still think it should be illegal.

It's mostly control freaks and those who still buy into the propaganda.

Old 10-23-2013, 06:56 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,196,107 times
May as well be a higher percentage as with this current administration bad news one needs to be continuously high to forget and laugh it off.

Yeah, I see "marry-juana" getting legalized in this ever rising percentage liberal thinking mindset nation.

Old 10-23-2013, 06:57 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Legalization of marijuana amongst conservatives, real conservatives, not the extremist Tea Party types, and liberals is one area both sides can reach common ground.

The genie is out of the bottle now, thank you Colorado and Washington, you have shown true leadership. Thinking Americans thank you.
i agree.

marijuana prohibition is "big government" telling other people how to live their lives.

if conservatives were really supporters of "small government", they'd be pushing for cannabis legalization.

(they generally support prohibition, which is why i think they're a bunch of hypocrites.)

Old 10-23-2013, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
May as well be a higher percentage as with this current administration bad news one needs to be continuously high to forget and laugh it off.

Yeah, I see "marry-juana" getting legalized in this ever rising percentage liberal thinking mindset nation.

Liberal thinking, huh? Prohibition is nothing more than Big Government nanny state BS!

Old 10-23-2013, 06:59 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,138,285 times
Cannabis has so many incredible health applications (including shrinking cancerous tumors) that aren't being advertised. What many people don't realize is that most of the medical research done on cannabis has been tainted, only looking for harmful effects and discarding the helpful effects. Govt and big business studies have only looked to squash the drug for the benefit of the DEA and big pharma.

It's as close to a miracle drug as any substance.

Old 10-23-2013, 07:02 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,196,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Liberal thinking, huh? Prohibition is nothing more than Big Government nanny state BS!
In kind: When you hear of a huge jump in car accident deaths because of irresponsible people under the influence of marijuana, please revisit this again.

Old 10-23-2013, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
i agree.

marijuana prohibition is "big government" telling other people how to live their lives.

if conservatives were really supporters of "small government", they'd be pushing for cannabis legalization.

(they generally support prohibition, which is why i think they're a bunch of hypocrites.)

Then they're not really true conservatives, so yes you would be correct in saying that they are hypocrites.

Old 10-23-2013, 07:05 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfman View Post
Again, wth does the TEA party have to do with this? The ranks of the tea party are filled with libertarians.
State Marijuana Laws Map

if that's the case..

then why do the states where the Tea Party is strongest, also have the most restrictive cannabis laws?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies