Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 04:29 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbsnm View Post
They long for the good old days, when we women knew our place. Kinda hard to control a woman who refuses to spend her life being submissive, uneducated, barefoot, and pregnant. Damn those feminists!!
Switching the argument again, which is what the left always does. Propagandizing.

Your view of Christians and Christianity is ignorant and bigoted. I thought you Leftists were supposed to be the tolerant ones?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2013, 04:31 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,323,230 times
Well, here’s some medical research we hadn’t heard about. Generations Radio host Kevin Swanson, who last week delved memorably into feminist theory, tells us this week that “certain doctors and certain scientists” have researched the wombs of women on the pill and found “there are these little tiny fetuses, these little babies, that are embedded into the womb…Those wombs of women who have been on the birth control pill effectively have become graveyards for lots and lots of little babies.”
- See more at: Swanson: Wombs of Women on Birth Control 'Embedded' with 'Dead Babies' | Right Wing Watch

Clearly, this man should be invited to sit on the House Committee for Science, Space and Technology, which boasts among its members, Mr. Todd "your body has ways of shutting that whole thing down" Akin.

Last edited by weltschmerz; 10-24-2013 at 05:02 AM..

Old 10-24-2013, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Maybe the girls are just girls, selling cookies...but go ahead, don't support anything that could possibly empower women. Or advocate for women's issues and equality.

My favorite are the Thin Mints.
How is it that a "Mod" was eligable for the contest? I know. off topic. Just asking.

Old 10-24-2013, 04:41 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,671,761 times
Is this really such a bad thing?

We get pestered every year to buy Girl Guide biscuits, and eating them is a bit like eating cardboard ... although they do make good cheesecake base.

Old 10-24-2013, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
When a man is so afraid of women that even a Girl Scout scares him, it says a lot more about him than it does about the Girl Scouts.
Where do you get that from? "Afraid of women?" What thread are you reading?

Old 10-24-2013, 05:03 AM

Default This shows the utter hypocrisy of Leftists

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
So? People "boycot" products all the time, by not supporting businesses that actively attack things they believe it. When the wack-a-loons "boycotted" Chick-fil-a, the new didn't make a big issue of it. No difference here.
I love a thread like this, because it exposes Leftist DemoCrats for who they really are. They are not the tolerant, all inclusive Party they claim to be.

They are all "Alan Graysons" in their hearts. They are filled with hatred and bigotry.

Old 10-24-2013, 05:20 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Girl Scouts Promote 'Lesbianism, Abortion,' Pastor Claims While Urging Cookie Boycott

It must be difficult for some to deal with the fact that women are their equals, and no longer under their thumb.
Your title made it sound a lot worse than it is: we are talking a couple of nut cases, and we are talking about something that appeared in the Huffington Post. I don't think this is anything to take seriously. It actually is almost funny, but sad in some ways.

Old 10-24-2013, 05:21 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
I won't be buying any girl scout cookies because I'm trying not to gain weight. I especially resent the fact that they sell these delicious cookies in convenient single serving containers.
good point and they are sooooo over priced, but then, I have a granddaughter that is a scout so of course I will buy some.

Old 10-24-2013, 05:57 AM

5,993 posts, read 3,733,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I love a thread like this, because it exposes Leftist DemoCrats for who they really are. They are not the tolerant, all inclusive Party they claim to be.

They are all "Alan Graysons" in their hearts. They are filled with hatred and bigotry.
No I believe you have it backwards. The pastors in this story are the ones whose hearts are filled with hatred and bigotry. Intolerance of gays, minorities, etc. is a staple of the far right extremists. Essentially, what you are claiming is that those of us on the left are "intolerant" of conservatives who feel this way. If that is the case then yes we ARE intolerant of hatred and bigotry and you would be correct. That's a good thing in my opinion. I think what you really want is to turn this around and say that Democrats are "intolerant" of this kind of behavior, claim the victim status, and get a free pass to practice your own brand of bigotry with impunity.

Old 10-24-2013, 06:31 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
That isn't the argument. But, that is a typical leftist move. Propagandize by shifting the argument to an issue of male dominance.

Christians shouldn't be supporting groups who advocate for, or support the killing of children in the womb, debauchery, etc. with their dollars.

It's called 'voting in the marketplace.' Nothing wrong with it.

You would be the first to point out their hypocrisy if they supported pro-abortion, pro-gay groups with their money.
I'm sorry, but did you actually read the link?
Quote:
pastors Kevin Swanson and Dave Buehner of Generations Radio urged listeners not to purchase Girl Scout Cookies because of the GSUSA being "antithetical to a biblical vision for womanhood."
Girl Scouts Promote 'Lesbianism, Abortion,' Pastor Claims While Urging Cookie Boycott

Quote:
The individualism of feminism has been devastating to this country.
Quote:
It does and I don’t want to promote a wicked organization that according to its own website doesn’t promote godly womanhood, it just doesn’t, I don’t see anything that promotes godly womanhood. The vision of the Girl Scouts of America is antithetical to a biblical vision for womanhood, it’s antithetical to it.
Quote:
Buehner alleged that girls shouldn’t participate in Girl Scout sales because they might then think it is acceptable to be “a woman who is going to compete with men in the marketplace,” when they should train their daughters on how to become “a woman who will be a helpmeet to a man so he can compete in the marketplace.”
Kevin Swanson Begs You Not To Buy Communist Lesbian Girl Scout Cookies | Right Wing Watch
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies