Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 06:11 PM

5,725 posts, read 11,713,551 times

Advertisements

This case illustrates why schools often find themselves in a tough spot. The parents who filed this complaint, as moronic as they are, are constituents of the school districts and as such, the schools have to follow up according to protocols.

Hopefully, this is discharged quickly without much need for energy, but a squeaky wheel can tie up school personnel for weeks, months, or even years over dumb stuff. It's the kind of thing that leads to zero tolerance rules and inflexibility - imagine the trouble a parent could make if another student pointed a toy gun at their kid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2013, 07:26 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,075,211 times
A school district in CA proposed or has a rule where a football team is not allowed to beat the opponent by more than 35 points. So what does the coach tell the QB to do when the score is 45-10 with 10 minutes to go in the game?

Old 10-23-2013, 08:50 PM

39,077 posts, read 51,224,761 times
The dad slept on it and dropped the complaint. This issue is dead.

Old 10-23-2013, 09:10 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,040,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
More likely, he slept it off.

Old 10-23-2013, 09:11 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
somehow i dont think so. there will be some do gooder that will take up for the dad.

Old 10-23-2013, 09:50 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lerner View Post
91 is pretty absurd- this isn't the NFL, and even there coaches have more class than this. The only reason high school football exists is to provide a benefit to children. Its not real.
What? Your kidding me right? These kids work all year long and go lay it on the line. Well I guess except for this team that got splattered 91-0 even when the junior high guys suited up in the second half probably. lol. Gimme a break. They SHOULD be embarrassed and go hit the gdam weight room and try and play better. Oh no instead somebody cries about bullying.

It's not real? Then why do they even field a team. Have you ever heard of scholarships that can pay for a kid to attend college who maybe can't afford it? I guess not. I guess you live in the bullying fantasy land. Go scream about a volleyball team losing 21-3 next hero.

Old 10-23-2013, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I never tell my ladies to play down.
When we are on the field, we are there to showcase our talents every pitch of the ball.

Playing down, is counter productive in an athletes mind.

We do however have the run rule in softball, because the games are not timed.
You are correct. Every athlete gets it handed to em at some point too. Its how you deal with it that counts. There is a rule in football in my state if a team is up by 35 they don't stop the clock for anything unless they get it back down under. That is all you can do just like the run rule in baseball. This entire thing is so ridiculous I can't even believe it happened. Well being a coach for my kids for many years never mind because some parents are absolutely idiots most of the time. Sad thing is the kid who's parent complained is most likely more embarressed about his parents than the score which is usually the sad case.

Old 10-23-2013, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I started a thread on this in the current events forum so let me share what we found out.
First Aliedo High School was reassigned to the present athletic district in order to reduce their travel time to games from 2 hour drives to one much shorter in distance.

Second, since being transferred Aliedo in 7-0 and as won by an average of 77 points per game, despite the coaches best efforts not to.

Third, Texas only allow calling a came for 6 man squads although if the coaches agree they can stop the game when the scoring gets out of control. Aliedo's opponents have never asked for mercy.

As for the NFL comparison. The average NFL team runs 65 plays per game. In its 91 point victory Aliedo only ran 32 of which only two touch downs were passing plays.
Just a thought, is it inconceivable that not only did the game present an opportunity for the winning coach to play all his kids, so did the same opportunity present itself to the losing squad. Personally, if I was a coach and I was trailing by 50 points before the half, I would send in the freaking practice squad just so they would have an opportunity to play in a real game, I mean at that point what damage could the do?
So they just ran it up the gut the whole game to boot. Well maybe that is why they thought it was bullying because they were shoving it down their throats the whole time? LOL. This entire thing is an episode in how insane the US has become. Just pure insanity. Can it get worse is the question?

Old 10-23-2013, 10:02 PM

2,158 posts, read 1,993,910 times
Big deal. I used to play baseball in high school and there were times we'd get routed. So what?

Old 10-23-2013, 10:10 PM

Next up if your team is down 35-0 you get awarded 14 points so as not to upset you. And if you lose by more than thirty points you get awarded an additional ten to make the score look close so as not to upset the players and coaches and parents. Is this what this country is going to come to? Sadly it appears so. You play sports at a high school level to win. This aint sixth grade BS and this is Texas too where they are so serious about football it isn't even funny. Its just an amazing example of the lunacy that has taken over the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies