Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 05:33 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
They heard their talk show hosts telling them that this is bad. What more do they need to know?
The point is, they are low information to begin with, that's why trailer park conservatives shriek "tax breaks for billionaires!"

That they would support a long term, desperately needed overhaul of healthcare access for America is as predictable as it gets. We know why their leaders object, they don't want Democrats to succeed. And, by extension, America.

The dumbing down of America is not only deliberate and targeted, it is also effective.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2013, 05:34 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,544,279 times
We hate it because we are tired of paying Democrats' bills.

Old 10-23-2013, 05:34 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,943,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Oh, how they once embraced 0bamacare, named after their incompetent lord and master.

And now watch them scatter like cockroaches when the lights come on now that it's proven to be exactly what they were warned it would be. Suddenly, it's got a new, fancy, obscure name and it's no longer 0bamacare! Even they don't know what to call it!

All the faux confusion; all the deflection.

Clue: It's GARBAGE. Call it 0garbage. Works for most of us.

Why not call each part by its name? HealthCare.gov is not "obamacare"

Federal Heath insurance Exchanges is not "Obamacare

State HC Exchanges is not Obamacare.

Old 10-23-2013, 05:40 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,544,279 times
If the media and the bots have been instructed to stop using the name 'obamacare', it's already dead.

Old 10-23-2013, 05:41 AM

57,286 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Making a judgment 3 weeks in is a bit premature, maybe we could wait at least 4 weeks?

Old 10-23-2013, 06:10 AM

3,841 posts, read 3,066,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post

It's funny how the bootlickers are now trying to separate Obama from His signature "accomplishment".

Old 10-23-2013, 06:59 AM

2,817 posts, read 3,461,778 times
Quote:
What is exactly is "obamacare"? That seems to be the right's universal term for anything remotely associated with healtcare and ACA?

Dont like your doctor...blame "obamacare".
dont like hospital food..blame obamacare
dont like your HC insurance....blame obamacare
dont like you appointment date..blame obamacare.
I still blame bush

Old 10-23-2013, 04:00 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
Correct me if I am mistaken, but since you are 68, you are Medicare eligible and can't enroll in Obamacare. Why didn't you sign up for Medicare when you were 65?
I'm 69. You're right- I could have signed up at 65, but I enjoy good health and I very seldom get sick. When I was 65, I was still recovering from a particularly bad financial period, so I just took my chances until my finances stabilized.

As you said, I can't enroll, but I did enjoy receiving all those early benefits Obamacare put into place first. Capping costs was a very good thing for me, and who knows what may be lurking in there somewhere? Knowing I couldn't be denied coverage wasn't a big deal when I got my insurance, but it could have been.

If my insurance ever changes, who knows? By then, Obamacare may be tuned up and changed. Now that it's in place, I'm sure things will become more optimized by all parties concerned. It may be a possibility that one insurance company might find economic advantage in serving only Medicare qualified folks.

I also qualify for VA health plans, and I intend to register with them, too. Believe me, there's a lot of physical changes that can happen fast at my age. My knees weren't stiff at 65, buth they sure are 4 years later!

Old 10-23-2013, 04:21 PM

596 posts, read 730,225 times
Quote:

These people are foolish and most show very limited ability for any kind of independent thought. So don't expect logic from them. Case in point, they were the ones who started referring to the ACA as "Obamacare" in the first place, now they're claiming that Obama's "followers" want to stop calling it Obamacare because they want to remove his name from the so-called failed effort. His followers aren't the ones who started calling it Obamacare. His opponents started doing that as an insult. But no need to let that stand in the way of their nonsense. That's just how they are, and you can't have an intelligent, logical discussion when you're dealing with that level of crazy.

Old 10-23-2013, 04:24 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,948,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbsnm View Post
These people are foolish and most show very limited ability for any kind of independent thought. So don't expect logic from them. Case in point, they were the ones who started referring to the ACA as "Obamacare" in the first place, now they're claiming that Obama's "followers" want to stop calling it Obamacare because they want to remove his name from the so-called failed effort. His followers aren't the ones who started calling it Obamacare. His opponents started doing that as an insult. But no need to let that stand in the way of their nonsense. That's just how they are, and you can't have an intelligent, logical discussion when you're dealing with that level of crazy.

That's odd. When I go to NBCNews.com the lead story says: Come back in two weeks: Even Obamacare experts can't tame glitchy website.

Oh, by the way....

I Love Obamacare | DCCC

Don't you look pretty silly now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies