Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 01:57 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,716,857 times

Advertisements

Anyone that "hates" for any reason carries a negative emotion around which makes them miserable. If you are white and want to hate blacks OR if you are black and want to hate whites I don't care that's your choice to carry that emotion around with you. Just don't bother me with it. I don't really care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2013, 02:08 PM

872 posts, read 827,458 times
Questions like this is what keeps racism alive.

Old 10-24-2013, 02:17 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,701,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I don't know, I've never met a white person who hates blacks but I've met blacks that hate whites and no these racist are not happy.
Wow, come down to texas, there are a whole slew of them.

Old 10-24-2013, 02:28 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,716,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackscorpion View Post
Wow, come down to texas, there are a whole slew of them.
I know a black man that hates me because I am white, he hates me because I am a small business owner, because I am not poor... one guess.

To answer your post, I don't really give a chi*, if you decide it is good to hate that is your choice, enjoy the emotion.

Old 10-24-2013, 03:11 PM

29,433 posts, read 14,618,885 times
I actually never met her , but my wifes Grandmother (passed away last year@ 96) dropped N bombs all the time from what I was told. She lived in rural Louisiana and when the propane person (who happened to be black) came to fill the tank she would walk out with her shotgun to make sure the N word wasn't shorting her. My wife and her siblings seem to have happy memories of her.

Old 10-24-2013, 03:24 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,813,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I actually never met her , but my wifes Grandmother (passed away last year@ 96) dropped N bombs all the time from what I was told. She lived in rural Louisiana and when the propane person (who happened to be black) came to fill the tank she would walk out with her shotgun to make sure the N word wasn't shorting her. My wife and her siblings seem to have happy memories of her.

I am black but LOL at that with the shot gun and the propane guy lol. I bet he was terrified and told great stories about her too!

FWIW, the white racist people I speak to at work are the most bitter it seems. They blame the blacks for all their failings in life and for the reason they live in public housing (go figure). Even though they have fully renovated buildings, free utilities (including Comcast cable TV), computer labs, fitness centers, raised beds gardens that they can even used their motorized scooters in lol. They complain and then tell me that they think we favor the blacks and how horrible the blacks are in general (they think I'm white on the phone lol so I get a lot of truthfulness). On that note, the black people on the phone who don't know who I am also think I'm white and will tell me they want to speak to a black person when they call and complain lol! I tell them I'm black and they even ask me "black questions" like "where do I live" or "what school did you go to?" I better say Washington on Douglass or they will think I'm not black and won't talk to me. The black ones will refuse to work with our social service providers unless they are black and I mostly get into tifts with them about this because we will not fire our white employees just because they are white. The white racist also want us to fire specific black employees, especially the receptionist/leasing agents because they keep white people from moving into the building.

Old racist people are funny to me. I don't think that any of them are unhappy. They are just set in their ways and we all deal with it the best we can.

Old 10-24-2013, 03:31 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,547,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
The only racists that are happy are the one that are in positions of power or influence. There they can apply their racism systematically and spread it around.

All the other racists are the unhappy ones making excuses for their failures in life. See exhibit A: P&OC.
I would have to agree with this. I met a professor who had some racist leanings. He didn't come off as angry, but rather, intellectual. Being a tenured professor, he had no qualms making his racial opinions known. He just said them in a relatively "diplomatic way"(no swearing, yelling, or anger). He had some power, so he never came off as angry. Blunt, perhaps, but not angry or miserable.

Most bigoted persons I've met seem very angry. And these are often persons who have very little power to do anything.

Old 10-24-2013, 03:39 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,745,831 times
no offense bud, but you don't seem happy.

Old 10-24-2013, 03:47 PM

25,838 posts, read 16,513,155 times
You call people who you think stereotype other people "racist" while you are stereotyping them at the same time.

Brilliant.

Old 10-26-2013, 12:11 AM

991 posts, read 1,109,615 times
I try not to waste much time worrying about the happiness of Anyone who thinks they are superior to anyone else (particular simply because of their race). In my life I am trying to focus only on life affirming sentiments and refrain from making judgments of others. I would hope people with racist sentiments find more constructive outlets for their time...if only for their own emotional well being.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies