Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 07:58 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,942,406 times

Advertisements

How do we know these defectors of liberalism are not closet conservatives playing a role to fit in...

Seems to me, the GOP should be seeking them out and providing a safe harbor in the sea of liberalism...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2013, 06:47 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Urban sprawl...

If it is like here, the rich will make a neighborhood outside the city and create their own municipality and school district.
The poor will never ever afford to live anywhere close by.

Old 10-24-2013, 06:48 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,543,209 times
This is the way it ALWAYS is with leftists: they pass laws to force YOU to comply and exempt themselves.

Old 10-24-2013, 07:32 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,280,665 times
I have in-laws in Burlingame and for some reason they have been convinced to educate their kids in Spanish. I don't mean they are taking Spanish classes, I mean they are being immersed. All of their classes are in Spanish. I would imagine the motivation behind this is pure liberal loony guilt.

Other than that I can't even begin to understand why you would do that to your children.

Old 10-24-2013, 07:50 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
If the schools in Silicon Valley are that good, it won't be long before those Hispanic kids won't be working all the low-pay jobs that their parents work. Good public education helps all kids, no matter how rich or poor their parents are.
Uh; if those kids parents are here illegally, the whole family needs to be deported. MOST legal aliens; even Hispanics, are good people and want to do better.

Old 10-24-2013, 07:51 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,416,507 times
The article goes into detail how the working poor of Silicon Valley are harmed by the policies of limousine liberals. Why aren't our resident progressives showing any concern for the working poor mentioned in the article?

Old 10-24-2013, 07:57 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
My first wife graduated from MVH... I swear everyone at her graduation was stoned including the Teachers what a bunch of pot heads!!!
Maybe that's the disability the poster was speaking about.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
The article goes into detail how the working poor of Silicon Valley are harmed by the policies of limousine liberals. Why aren't our resident progressives showing any concern for the working poor mentioned in the article?
Limousines.......I thought liberals were all about saving the earth?

Old 10-24-2013, 07:59 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Gee, an anti-liberal O-P-I-N-I-O-N piece on a right leaning site.

WHO woulda thunk?

Can you refute any of it?

Liberalism is based in hypocrisy, as shown in the article. If liberals behaved as they "preached", they would all send thier kids to public schools, ride bikes to work (instead of cars), give up air conditioning, move into urban, minority dominated neighborhoods, and pay more taxes voluntarily. Of course, they do none of the above, because talk is cheap and false "empathy" is a trademark of every liberal.

Old 10-24-2013, 08:17 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
I have in-laws in Burlingame and for some reason they have been convinced to educate their kids in Spanish. I don't mean they are taking Spanish classes, I mean they are being immersed. All of their classes are in Spanish. I would imagine the motivation behind this is pure liberal loony guilt.

Other than that I can't even begin to understand why you would do that to your children.
Agreed. Those "parents" are sick in the head IMHO since NOT speaking good English WILL hurt those kids later in life.

Old 10-24-2013, 07:33 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,757,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post

Because your chances of getting a job in California without speaking Spanish get closer to zero every year.

You really couldn't figure that out by yourself?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies