Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 08:38 PM

4,422 posts, read 6,237,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
California Sheriff's Deputies Shoot, Kill 13-Year-Old

These coward bastards are shameful excuses for human beings.
"The replica gun resembled an AK-47 with a black magazine cartridge and brown butt, according to a photograph released by the sheriff's office.

After spotting the boy, the deputies called for backup and repeatedly ordered him to drop the gun, O'Leary said in a news release."

This kid is above the age of reason. Toy guns look very real nowadays. He made a choice to ignore the cops, who have to make split second decisions. Why couldn't he just put the damn gun down?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2013, 08:39 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,692,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Uh ..for starters, most cops aren't issues tasers. Also, that's an easy move to make when you are sure that the gun isn't real. How in the world would have they gotten close enough to tase him? Just walk up to him as if they wanted to shake his hand?
No. Just stay away and observe.... at least more than 10 seconds.

Old 10-29-2013, 08:41 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,692,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
After spotting the boy, the deputies called for backup and repeatedly ordered him to drop the gun, O'Leary said in a news release."
"Repeatedly"....for 10 seconds.

Old 10-29-2013, 09:37 PM

6,453 posts, read 6,995,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
No. Just stay away and observe.... at least more than 10 seconds.
So what you're suggesting is that maybe they should "stay and observe" the next time when they believe that someone really has a gun?

And observe what exactly? THey already 'observed' that a kid was carrying what appeared to be an AK47. And wait 10 seconds for what exactly? What is suppose to magically occur after 10 seconds? And also, do you have any idea how long 10 seconds is in a gun battle?

Old 10-29-2013, 11:05 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,221,758 times
I wonder when we will read about chicken**** cops going into a Toys R Us and gunning down kids because they might be handling a gun and it might be real. Just like the punks that tried to murder the women driving a truck that could have been Dorner. After all, it had 4 wheels. Can't be too careful!

The only thing worse than these thugs is the people that always come to their defense! I hope karma visits them soon!

Old 10-29-2013, 11:32 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,870,842 times
You know what's kinda funny? I don't recognize ALL of the names, but quite a few here who are criticizing these officers for what they did, are the same ones who were arguing seven months ago that essentially, only police need guns!!! We the citizens don't need guns because we have ----POLICE---- to protect us! Then they made this same argument again only three months ago when we were discussing the Trayvon Martin case and the validity of citizens carrying concealed weapons! "The average Joe shouldn't be packing heat, only --POLICE-- who undergo months and months of training should be allowed to carry guns in public....Insert roll eyes emoticon here For god sakes, do you people { the left } even know what you stand for anymore? I really wish some people would make up their minds

Old 10-30-2013, 04:52 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,102,008 times
Even if we have guns, we can't effectively defend ourselves from criminal Police.

I'm Pro 2nd amendment by the way.

Old 10-30-2013, 05:17 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,182,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
I am showing respect, respect for a child who has been wronged. I am calling out a terrible injustice. This was not a misunderstanding, it was a murder. Cops pulled their guns and intentionally shot down a child for the sin of carrying a toy gun down the street. They had options, and they ELECTED not to use them. That is not a misunderstanding.

A decent human being calls a murder a murder and does not try to justify it or cover it up.
It is the indecent human being who justifies evil.
You are showing absolutely no respect for the child whatsoever. Cops shot someone who seemed to have an assault rifle. I personally know cops that were killed by teenagers in shootouts. It is unbelievably common for kids to have guns. Would you rather have had the cops killed just so you can justify your anti-cop hate?

I agree it is indecent human beings who justify evil, which is why I find your attitude absolutely deplorable. Have an ounce of respect for this situation. Again, you are doing nothing but using this child's death as an excuse to rant against some social cause you believe in. There is nothing to be proud of about that way of thinking.

Old 10-30-2013, 06:51 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,578,626 times
The young boy made a mistake playing with a toy gun that looked real but he shouldn't have had his life taken from him by a trigger happy cop because of a mistake.

13 year old Andy Lopez was buried October 27, 2013. Rest in peace.

Press Democrat | Gallery | Andy Lopez Memorial Service

Old 10-30-2013, 07:27 AM

6,795 posts, read 7,274,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
You are showing absolutely no respect for the child whatsoever. Cops shot someone who seemed to have an assault rifle. I personally know cops that were killed by teenagers in shootouts. It is unbelievably common for kids to have guns. Would you rather have had the cops killed just so you can justify your anti-cop hate?

I agree it is indecent human beings who justify evil, which is why I find your attitude absolutely deplorable. Have an ounce of respect for this situation. Again, you are doing nothing but using this child's death as an excuse to rant against some social cause you believe in. There is nothing to be proud of about that way of thinking.
It is you who show no respect for the child, or the American people for that matter. The cops acted out of fear. If you are that afraid, do not take the job. The number of innocent civilians killed by law enforcement grossly outnumbers the number of cops killed. The cops are evil and you are evil to defend them and it is my sincere wish that you reap what you sow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies