Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2013, 02:10 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
How did this become a race issue? The title says it all.. "14 y/o murders teacher in Mass." No color of skin is mentioned. A LOT of the whole race issue would just die off and not be an issue if people just let it go. Those that are darker skin have more of the pigment melanin because in warmer climates there is more sun exposure and this protects their skin from harmful radiation. In the end, we are all the same.. Sinful Mankind.. Some have darker skin and some have lighter. This case is further evidence that if think "taking away everyone's guns" is the answer, the wicked heart can still use a box cutter. It's the PERSON not the instrument that kills.. How far do you go? Mandated Straightjackets? The source of the problem is people have forgotten GOD and His ways. The solution is a heart that is right with God repenting though His sacrifice in Jesus Christ. We've had guns and boxcutters for years and we haven't seen this type of carnage seen recently. What has changed? We're evolving? I don't think so..

I highly doubt this has ANYTHING to do with Race and certainly ZERO to do with Obama. So why even go there? Keep it on the topic being discussed.
I agree with this but some people who assumed the boy's background made it about race...and of course, those obsessed with Obama have to make everything about him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2013, 04:39 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,540,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
The actions of children and adults often overlap.

Regardless, we have created an arbitrary age which if a person has not attained they are considered a minor.

That age is appropriate because physical, mental, and social development is still taking place.

The individual in question is a child, and we cannot allow emotion to cloud that fact by allowing the lines between our legal definition of minors and adults to be ignored.
And we have created a legal system that can choose to try him as an adult. Right now, he is being tried as an adult. Given the planning and severity of the crime, I'd say they got that right. Personally, I think we're long past time to do away with juvenile court. That someone was too young to know their crime was wrong should be a defense that has to be proven not assumed because of age. He's one sick bastard and society needs to be protected from him. I don't care if he's a child. He's very dangerous and the rights of the public outweigh his rights. He gave any rights he ever would have up when he chose to use a box cutter on his teacher.

That he is 14....that is had a troubled background...is irrelevant. Many 14 year olds have been through much worse and not chosen to kill their teachers. This was his choice. He needs to be locked away for life to prevent him killing again.

Last edited by Ivorytickler; 10-26-2013 at 04:51 PM..

Old 10-26-2013, 05:13 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
And we have created a legal system that can choose to try him as an adult. Right now, he is being tried as an adult. Given the planning and severity of the crime, I'd say they got that right. Personally, I think we're long past time to do away with juvenile court. That someone was too young to know their crime was wrong should be a defense that has to be proven not assumed because of age. He's one sick bastard and society needs to be protected from him. I don't care if he's a child. He's very dangerous and the rights of the public outweigh his rights. He gave any rights he ever would have up when he chose to use a box cutter on his teacher.

That he is 14....that is had a troubled background...is irrelevant. Many 14 year olds have been through much worse and not chosen to kill their teachers. This was his choice. He needs to be locked away for life to prevent him killing again.
It hasn't been proved yet that he committed murder.

Old 10-26-2013, 07:15 PM

2,964 posts, read 3,531,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl332 View Post
Why wouldn't he be deemed as mixed, if he is indeed multiracial....
I don't know, I didn't write the report.

Old 10-26-2013, 07:23 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,908,096 times
Looks like the criminal didn't get enough hugs from the democrats. After all, the criminals are the real victims according to the Obama drones.

Old 10-26-2013, 07:50 PM

Quote:
It hasn't been proved yet that he committed murder.
They have him on surveillance video leaving the girls bathroom covered in blood. I can't think of an explanation for that given he then changed clothes, went to Wendy's and to a movie. However, point taken. Assuming he is found guilty.... I do think society needs to be protected from animals that would do something like this and I don't think we owe them a damned thing.

Old 10-26-2013, 07:52 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
They have him on surveillance video leaving the girls bathroom covered in blood. I can't think of an explanation for that given he then changed clothes, went to Wendy's and to a movie. However, point taken. Assuming he is found guilty.... I do think society needs to be protected from animals that would do something like this and I don't think we owe them a damned thing.
We owe him a fair trial and quality representation, and it seems that you agree that he should get at least that.

Old 10-26-2013, 07:54 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,564,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean71 View Post
A 14y/o POS murdered a 24y/o Math teacher in a MA school.

14-year-old accused of killing beloved Danvers, Massachusetts, teacher - CNN.com

Read another report that he will be charged as an Adult. Good job!
Shouldn't this be in True Crime?

Old 10-26-2013, 07:57 PM

Quote:
We owe him a fair trial and quality representation, and it seems that you agree that he should get at least that.
The law says he gets his day in court but I don't think he's going to be able to explain this away. I only hope they try him as an adult and throw away the key when they lock him up assuming he's found guilty. However, I don't think there's much likelihood he won't be given the video and his actions afterward. Assuming he did this and given the video there is no reason to believe he didn't, I don't think he deserves anything other than to be locked up for life and forgotten about. Logically, there is no other explanation. They have him on video following his teacher into the girls bathroom and then coming out covered in blood. Then he changes his clothes, goes for a snack and a movie. No one else is seen on video entering the bathroom. Just her and him. I don't see him being acquitted.

Old 10-30-2013, 07:11 PM

9,532 posts, read 16,518,269 times
I live in Mass and I haven't heard anymore about this case, since Colleen was buried over the weekend. Such as has the motive been established, or just what happened that awful afternoon. The last news I heard in reference to the 14 year old, was about the video of him at the school. Then I heard the news report he went to the movie, and then over to Wendy's for his meal. A meal he paid for with Colleen's credit card. Then the news just stopped reporting on this story. Evidently nothing can be said until all the information is in, and a case presented for trial.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies