Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 08:13 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Because "republican" is already an adjective and "democrat" is not.
democrat is a descriptor of a person or a party
democratic is a descriptor of a PROCESS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2013, 08:18 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,943,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I didn't know McCarthy ever used it. I use it because to call Democrats "Democratic" would be a lie. There is nothing "democratic" about their Party.

They are Democrats, and they are the Party of Democrats; therefore, the Democrat Party.

Further, if you are going to call them the "Democratic Party," why wouldn't you call the Republican Party the "Republicanic Party?"

We are the Party of Republicans, hence, the "Republican Party". They are the Party of Democrats, hence the "Democrat Party."

I think the term is more correct. Just my opinion, and I will continue to use the designation for their party. If it seems offensive to you for some reason, too bad. Get over it. Democrats offend me daily.
So you dont even know the genesis of the use of the term...

Old 10-24-2013, 08:20 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,262,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Since the right is the side that objects to politically correct speech, they should be the first to agree that it is ok to compare a group to the KKK.
Can't rep ya.

Old 10-24-2013, 08:21 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Since Alan Grayson has no official Democratic Party position, he doesn't speak for the Party but his views are generally on spot.

Why the right doesn't like him is because he calls them out.
^^^^^This

Some on the right might just be oblivious to the fact that the Teapublicans are reviving Lee Atwater's Southern Strategy and some are jumping right on board, knowing full well how clearly racist it is. Congressman Grayson knows from whence he speaks.

Old 10-24-2013, 08:23 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
No, Grayson doesn't speak for the Democrats, unlike the Republicans we don't do whatever the far left tells us to do. Though I do like Grayson more than West because we can basically ignore Grayson and let him go off on his rants while the Republicans couldn't help themselves and felt they needed to follow the RWNJs into the fire.
I'm afraid your wrong. I have not heard one Democrat denounce Grayson. This goes right along with Harry Reid and others of your Party who have called Republicans "Jihadists,"terrorists," and worse. This is your Party. It's who you are. You are not the Party of tolerance. You are intolerant bigots, filled with hatred for Christians, Jews, and anyone who doesn't agree with your Progressive agenda.

Some of your Party have even suggested sending Republicans to "retraining camps."

And, who are you calling the RWNJ'S? (your definition)

Those who Leftists call Right Wing Nut Jobs are merely conservatives seeking to restore Constitutional government. We should do that. That is not a radical position. Limited government is enshrined in the Constitution.

What is radical and extreme is the "fundamental transformation of the United States of America." (a quote from Barack Hussein Oabma, 2008)

But, I do see the Left in lockstep with the most extreme in your Party. There is virtually no independent thought taking place. All stand firmly behind Barack Obama and his administration, no matter how out of the mainstream an idea may be. That is how we got saddled with ObamaCare.

Old 10-24-2013, 08:27 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
No, Grayson doesn't speak for the Democrats, unlike the Republicans we don't do whatever the far left tells us to do. Though I do like Grayson more than West because we can basically ignore Grayson and let him go off on his rants while the Republicans couldn't help themselves and felt they needed to follow the RWNJs into the fire.
republicans do whatever the far left tells them?

Old 10-24-2013, 08:28 AM

Quote:
We just ignore the crazy comments on the far left. The Republicans seem to gravitate to and worship the crazy comments that come from the far right.
Can you provide an example of "crazy comments" comments from the "far right."

We really don't have any "far right" in our Party. Even the "Tea Party" isn't "far right."

Belief in restoring Constitutional government is not a "far right" concept. Freedom and Liberty are not "far right" concepts.

Old 10-24-2013, 08:30 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,954,468 times
Quote:
Since Alan Grayson has no official Democratic Party position, he doesn't speak for the Party but his views are generally on spot.

Why the right doesn't like him is because he calls them out.
My, you have awfully low standards for Democrat elected officials. But, we knew that.

Old 10-24-2013, 08:33 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
LBJ knew he would lose the white vote in the Old South when he signed the Equal Rights Legislation. Eventually the southern racists started to die out and the Democratic Party no longer needs them or the Old South. The modern south are more than welcome.

Old 10-24-2013, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
Take the lead and denounce it then. When you ignore it you give it acceiptence. I have and will dennounce any racist talk about Obama. I will not tolerate people who call him the N word. I dont just ignore it. Any kkk or teabagger reference should be denounced in the same regard. I am conservative and jewish... I am certainly no kkk person. Stand up and speak up for whats right instead of ignoring it. Ignoring it is what has made your party to look to be the party ran by for leftists. You know the loudest bully gets his way until hes knocked down. When you stay quiet he wins.
Exactly. Silence is acceptance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies