Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 09:47 PM

511 posts, read 799,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Good, the only silver lining of this failure known as Obamacare is that many of the people who have blindly defended it all this time are the very same people who are going to hurt the worst by it.

Elections have consequences and you morons caused this, enjoy your "free" healthcare idiots.
Yes, it's poetic justice. A year ago, people could have elected a man who would have got right to work destroying this horrible legislation and worked relentlessly to rebuild our economy.

Instead, they chose a man with a proven failure record who has done absolutely nothing for the economy except push this law onto the people creating an enormous financial burden. Great going, idiots.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2013, 09:47 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wEirdhuMan View Post
Hitler told the Jews that they were getting FREE AMAZING VACATIONS!!!!!!!!!

Obama told the poor whites and blacks they were getting CHEAP OR FREE HEALTH CARE!!!!!!!
Let them get what they voted for.

Old 10-29-2013, 09:53 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
People then and now, have no idea what this legislation has wrought upon us and anyone who says they understand the 2000 pages and 10500 new regulations that is obamacare,is a liar.

Old 10-29-2013, 09:54 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
The Chicago Sun-Times reports on the oh-so-ironic reversal of Sue Klinkhamer, 60, who used to work for Rep. Bill Foster (D-Ill.), who lost his seat partly because voters didn't want Obamacare. Klinkhamer wrote her old boss:

“I spent two years defending Obamacare. I had constituents scream at me, spit at me and call me names that I can’t put in print. The congressman was not re-elected in 2010 mainly because of the anti-Obamacare anger. When the congressman was not re-elected, I also (along with the rest of our staff) lost my job. I was upset that because of the health care issue, I didn’t have a job anymore but still defended Obamacare because it would make health care available to everyone at, what I assumed, would be an affordable price. I have now learned that I was wrong. Very wrong.”

On September 1 of this year, Klinkhamer was paying $291 a month for an insurance policy with a $3,500 deductible. Those days are over, though, as of December 31, when her policy goes away.

Obamacare Defender Pissed at Losing Her Policy, Paying Higher Rates - Hit & Run : Reason.com
I suppose I'm supposed to feel sorry for these people, but I do not. That's what they get for voting for that idiot in chief. As someone else here always says, "elections have consequences". I'm glad it is hurting people's pocket books. Maybe next time they'll use their damn brains before they cast their vote.

Old 10-29-2013, 10:02 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
People then and now, have no idea what this legislation has wrought upon us and anyone who says they understand the 2000 pages and 10500 new regulations that is obamacare,is a liar.
Its actually worse than that...

People understood that ACA meant 26 year olds would be under their parents plans, they understood pre-existing conditions needed to be covered, they understood no caps on care, they understood new taxes, they understood much of the bill, but what I'll never understand is how the hell they thought all of this meant lower premiums..

Old 10-29-2013, 10:12 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,783,616 times
"A conservative is a liberal who just got mugged."

Or in this case, "A conservative is a liberal who just got the bill for his liberal policies."

Old 10-29-2013, 10:34 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
wonder if this one will get debunked like the last one....and the ones before that....

Old 10-29-2013, 11:13 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
And meanwhile in England ---

AFP: New NHS head hired from private sector

New NHS head hired from private sector

London — The National Health Service has hired as its new head a former Labour adviser who currently works for a US private healthcare company.

Simon Stevens is president of global health and group executive vice-president at UnitedHealth and was chief executive of UnitedHealth's Medicare company.....

Trade union Unison's head of health Christina McAnea said she was "surprised" that no one within the NHS had been found to take the role.

McAnea told BBC Radio 4's Today programme she is "somewhat concerned that this may send out a message ... is this the Tory and Lib Dem Government hoping to import America-type values into the NHS, a sort of insurance-type system?"

Old 10-29-2013, 11:18 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wEirdhuMan View Post
Hitler told the Jews that they were getting FREE AMAZING VACATIONS!!!!!!!!!

Obama told the poor whites and blacks they were getting CHEAP OR FREE HEALTH CARE!!!!!!!
Godwin's Law by the third post. Nicely done!

Old 10-29-2013, 11:25 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Serves liberals right.. they voted unanimously for Obama and his pet goat Pelosi! They just received a token of Obama's gratitude.. They voted for him and now they are no longer useful. The landscape is littered with the casualties of Obamacare and the body count is climbing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies