Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 08:43 AM

23,559 posts, read 17,227,205 times

Advertisements

The reason no one is ever fired is because that would incentivise the person to spill their guts and reveal information the administration does not want released.

Transparency is reserved only for the president who may well receive another transparency award for his forthcoming and straight talk about obamacare.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2013, 08:45 AM

265 posts, read 597,578 times
This is nothing new... nobody was fired following the financial meltdown in 2007-08, and nobody was fired following 9/11.

Old 10-25-2013, 08:47 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Sebelius: I don’t work for the people who want me fired « Hot Air

And not only that, she says she doesnt work for the people who say she should be fired or resign.

So let's get this straight. We have supposedly spent $400+ million on this site (and that amount of money is a problem in itself), and after the embarrassing failure it is, NOT ONE person has been fired. Not one person held accountable.

Our government at work. You can fail, you can massively fail, You cant waste hundreds of millions of dollars. But dont worry, you're tax payer funded job is safe.

And some of you get upset when we blast government and have such a distrust and distaste for government.

How some of you want even more government, and have the audacity to defend this crap over and over is just mind boggling.

Is there any other sector in our country, where you can waste so much money and fail on top of it and still keep your job? Have no accountability? I guarantee if I failed in my job, id be gone
Everyone in a leadership position should be fired, no doubt about.

During the last month, someone at the top demanded the web site changes, someone did not object to them, someone did not demand a thorough testing, and someone did not delay implementation once they were told the site was not ready to go live. That is a lot of "someones" and they all need to be fired.

Old 10-25-2013, 08:47 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,036,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew.mensch View Post
This is nothing new... nobody was fired following the financial meltdown in 2007-08, and nobody was fired following 9/11.
It has to start some where. The more people just shrug it off, the more it will continue.

Old 10-25-2013, 08:49 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew.mensch View Post
That is a lot more complicated and intricately woven line of blame, then an HHS web site.

Old 10-25-2013, 08:49 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
She's correct, but she should definitely be fired.

Sebelius is not an IT person.
Don't quote out of context. I know it is something Republicans like to do, but it is dishonest.

Old 10-25-2013, 08:50 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Everyone in a leadership position should be fired, no doubt about.

During the last month, someone at the top demanded the web site changes, someone did not object to them, someone did not demand a thorough testing, and someone did not delay implementation once they were told the site was not ready to go live. That is a lot of "someones" and they all need to be fired.
i agree.

when you put someone in a high-paying job where their ONLY job is to make decisions

and then they make bad decisions.. there has to be accountability.

Old 10-25-2013, 08:51 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,036,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
That is a lot more complicated and intricately woven line of blame, then an HHS web site.
Yeah, id say this is a bit more cut and dry. HHS spent hundreds of millions of dollars, a waste in itself, on what turned out to be a massive failure. You have HHS and a contracting firm that shouldve never been hired, quite frankly, in the first place based on its history. The head of HHS should be fired, as well as those who were responsible with overseeing the progress of the site, and anyone who demanded last minute changes with no verification that everything worked.

Old 10-25-2013, 08:52 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,671,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
She is correct. She does not work for those that critisize her. She is an appointee, not an elected official.

You got a problem with her, take your concerns to her boss.
Yo: Since you don't seem to ever get it, my tax $$ are paying her salary.

But why am I responding? Off to fix my settings. Enough is enough.

Result: Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! What a breath of fresh air! Beautiful!!!!!

Old 10-25-2013, 08:52 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Don't quote out of context. I know it is something Republicans like to do, but it is dishonest.
right, because i'm such an avid republican.

ok. i will quote your entire post when i point out its facts are wrong. that better??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Firing Sebelius would do nothing to speed the product fixes. HHS, and her function and ACA for that matter, is much bigger than a website. And you do not fire IT people in the middle of a product rollout. As the Snowden affair should illustrate, turning IT against you is not a best management practice.
Sebelius is not an IT person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies