Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 04:42 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vox populi View Post
it looks like it is a conundrum for you and other leftists - to equate murder with the everyday responsibility.
The OP and many other hypocritical right wingers NEVER reconcile outwardly how they are pro-life, but reamin anti-child, so that anyone can understand their mindset. The child should suffer due to a situation they did not cause? There are also working poor that need a hand up in providing for their child. Maybe they should not have had the child, but if you advocate for no abortion, how the hell do you negate the child that was not aborted? Mind blowing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2013, 04:51 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vox populi View Post
that is nobody's else responsibility except the parents to raise up the child.
it is the responsibility of every citizen to stop the murder of the innocent - as murder in utero is.
Well, how about if I tell you I think eating meat is murder? Since I think it's murder, I want you to stop eating the bodies of innocents. STOP IT RIGHT NOW!

Old 10-25-2013, 04:57 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
The OP and many other hypocritical right wingers NEVER reconcile outwardly how they are pro-life, but reamin anti-child, so that anyone can understand their mindset. The child should suffer due to a situation they did not cause? There are also working poor that need a hand up in providing for their child. Maybe they should not have had the child, but if you advocate for no abortion, how the hell do you negate the child that was not aborted? Mind blowing.
And you want to steal from me and give it to an ineffective government to solve he problem?? Mind blowing!
How about this current administration bring the troops home and use that saved money to help children here instead of killing children in Pakistan and Yemen? Mind blowing!

Old 10-25-2013, 05:13 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Actually Democrats are all for providing families with babies and kids with affordable healthcare and insurance as opposed to the hypcritical right wing. Democrats are also in favor of educating those babies with Head Start Programs that the Teapublicans cut with their sociopathic sequester cuts and Democrats also support not tying SNAP benefits that feed those babies with a Farm Bill that suppports welfare queens such as crazy eyed Michele Bachmann.

"Save The Fetus...Screw The Child" right wing mantra.
They prefer dead aborted babies. Family and parents having children should not rule out working for a living. All liberals can see are welfare checks. The concept of working hard to provide for your offspring is above their heads.

Letting your baby live does not have to mean never working a day again in your life.

Old 10-25-2013, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
And you want to steal from me and give it to an ineffective government to solve he problem?? Mind blowing!
How about this current administration bring the troops home and use that saved money to help children here instead of killing children in Pakistan and Yemen? Mind blowing!
So it should be mandated that all people that cannot afford to have children and get pregnant must abort. Right?

Why are you deflecting? The issue I was responding to was the poster's belief of not giving aid to the children of poor familes. Head Start is a very effective program and it facilitates the non-prolferation of poverty through early education. How the hell is that a bad thing for American society?

Old 10-25-2013, 05:18 PM

Quote:
How does having a job, going into work cause a child to suffer?

Welfare recipients should not be given an 18 year or lifetime free ride maternity leave. 6 weeks is a typical maternity leave for a working woman, then it's back to work. There is no excuse at all for able bodied living years on government handouts.

Old 10-25-2013, 05:21 PM

Quote:
So it should be mandated that all people that cannot afford to have children and get pregnant must abort. Right?

Why are you deflecting? The issue I was responding to was the poster's belief of not giving aid to the children of poor familes. Head Start is a very effective program and it facilitates the non-prolferation of poverty through early education. How the hell is that a bad thing for American society?
Abortion has been legal for decades, yet the number of babies born into welfare is skyrocketing. It doesn't seem abortion is working at all. Time to try something else.

Old 10-25-2013, 05:31 PM

13,685 posts, read 9,009,247 times
Quote:
I agree.

I think that my brother-in-law (a Tea Party supporter, who has been receiving Federal Disability benefits for almost half of his adult life, and thus had Medicare, but is opposed to the poor being helped to have health insurance) may provide a window on conservative thinking.

Said BIL is against abortion, for white women. He has no problem with abortion for blacks or Hispanics. He likes to say that "The (African-Americans, although he uses a different, derogatory word) have babies out the wazoo, yet white girls are aborting their children. We will soon be overrun by (African-American, in place of his term) B*******, and people like me will be the minority".

I am, of course, paraphrasing a slight bit, but I have heard it enough to give the substance.

Anyway, I think, in their hearts of hearts, this is what many conservatives think.

Old 10-25-2013, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Abortion has been legal for decades, yet the number of babies born into welfare is skyrocketing. It doesn't seem abortion is working at all. Time to try something else.
Surprise! The abortion rate just hit an all-time low.

U.S. abortion rate falls 5%, biggest drop in a decade

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_1942621.html

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2012...on-rate-drops/

How's life in bubble world?

It's the corporate welfare subsidies that have not provided that good old trickle down voodoo so that a thriving middle class could grow and prosper.
Off topic anyway...........................................

Last edited by sickofnyc; 10-25-2013 at 05:43 PM..

Old 10-25-2013, 07:57 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Well most republicans don't believe in abortion. They have kids even though they can't support them, so they go on welfare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies