Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2013, 02:18 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,513,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Well that's where you're wrong because I'm liberal and I watch Shepard Smith's broadcasts every chance I get. The man is smart, funny and he cusses on-air. What's not to like?

It's very easy, using half a brain, to sort out what is the FOX line of baloney and discard it. But Shep himself? He's OUTSTANDING at what he does.
I was referring to FOX bashing liberals. They never watch it.

I think Smith does a good job too. Never seen him cuss though.

If I were ABC, NBC or CBS I would try and hire him as anchor for the 6:30 news.

Old 10-26-2013, 02:27 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Im not spreading or outing what isnt already known. I am only regurgitating what has been printed. My point is since probably paparazzi is going to hound them, its best to clear the air before it is done in a bad way.
No. I don't think that was your "point" at all. See your first post.

Quote:
....Smith is one of the only Fox News anchors to blast Republicans for homophobia and regularly avoids descending into the anti-gay rhetoric so common to the network's airwaves.

There's a difference between PRIVACY and SECRECY. This is what so many folks seem to misunderstand in the debate about "outing."
In my opinion, since the media is constantly buzzing about the romantic lives of all sorts of heterosexual celebrities (including TV news people), then it only makes sense that they also buzz about celebs who have gay romances.

This guy's social life is apparently easily knowable. I'm more bothered when the media keeps this sort of thing a secret.
That's "inning" - a term I use to describe the practice of pretending that the whole world is mostly straight until proven otherwise.

So, even though he gets paid by a network known for its trumpeting of homophobic values, should Smith be pressured to come out of the closet?
What does it matter to you who someone dates? Why should the media go around revealing everyone's personal lives to appease you? How is that "pretending"? It's not "pretending", it's called, "It's none of your business, why are you making a big deal out of it?" You can't believe that there are gay Republicans? Welcome to reality, Sunny.

Old 10-26-2013, 02:42 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,049,136 times
Quote:
Whether or not you like the fact that Gawker outed Fox News' Shepard Smith earlier this week, the publication is continuing to roll with the story by revealing the identity of his "muscular" boyfriend.
According to Gawker, Smith's beau is 26-year old Penn State grad and Fox Business producer Giovanni "Gio" Graziano.
Shepard Smith Tells Waitress:

Smith is one of the only Fox News anchors to blast Republicans for homophobia and regularly avoids descending into the anti-gay rhetoric so common to the network's airwaves.

There's a difference between PRIVACY and SECRECY. This is what so many folks seem to misunderstand in the debate about "outing."
In my opinion, since the media is constantly buzzing about the romantic lives of all sorts of heterosexual celebrities (including TV news people), then it only makes sense that they also buzz about celebs who have gay romances.

This guy's social life is apparently easily knowable. I'm more bothered when the media keeps this sort of thing a secret.
That's "inning" - a term I use to describe the practice of pretending that the whole world is mostly straight until proven otherwise.

So, even though he gets paid by a network known for its trumpeting of homophobic values, should Smith be pressured to come out of the closet?
Please show a clip of ONE Fox News regular "descending into the anti-gay rhetoric" that you say is so common.

There are none.

What does it matter that Shep is gay?

It doesn't effect his talent, nor does it change the way that most will see him.

Old 10-26-2013, 02:45 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times
I don't like that punk anyway. Only guy I like on Fox is Stuart Varney or whatever his name is the brit guy. Is he gay too?? LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies