Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2013, 11:23 AM

8,104 posts, read 3,957,018 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Welcome to capitalism.
It is not capitalism when the markets are controlled by the government to enrich themselves and their circle of cronies. More like Corporatism, Fascism etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2013, 11:30 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
It is not capitalism when the markets are controlled by the government to enrich themselves and their circle of cronies. More like Corporatism, Fascism etc.
And that is one of my points. People are so convinced that Obama is different, he is not. Also Reid and family are benefiting from the Obama administration money grab. He disgusts me. Pelosi the same. They are simply a thieves with a government title.

I don't care if you are democrat or republican any time a politician says the answer is higher taxes, RUN! They are greedy and they will never be satisfied and tomorrow they may consider you rich.

Old 10-26-2013, 11:32 AM

18,458 posts, read 15,236,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
AnesthesiaMD, I can see why you are coming to that conclusion but it is not my intention. Taxes will keep people poor, the more they take from people the less they have to invest resulting in making it hard to build wealth.

No I don't agree to a wealth tax but I think it is very greedy and hypocritical of Obama and other politicians to keep hammering they want more tax revenue. I am pointing out that Obama, Reid, Pelosi etc already have wealth. Buffet, the hypocrite that he is already has wealth but he keeps his taxable income low so what the hell does he care if Obama raises taxes on income. More people should be able to build wealth but it is hard when we have politicians who are constantly putting their hands in our pockets.
OK. I agree with this. I still don't know what the answer is though. How do you make it more "fair". Everybody can't be wealthy. If everybody got a big enough raise to afford a Ferrari, the price of Ferraris would keep going up until very few people could afford them again. If the fed wants to keep printing money (the "if" was rhetorical) while keeping inflation relatively low, they can't let everyone have a piece of the pie. If everyone is rich, then no one is rich. That is capitalism, and that is why over time the income gap will keep rising.

Old 10-26-2013, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
Keep money out of politics. No super Pacs, no--companies are people too bs. No insider trading by government officials. Perhaps term limits too. None of this forcing people to purchase a for-profit product and then calling it a tax. Whether Obama care's intentions are good or not, its still a large transfer of money from a large group of folks to smaller group of well off folks, who lift no fingers, brake no sweat in the healthcare trade.
Obama is already campaigning for more money after the partial government shutdown and the debt ceiling fight and the failed Obamacare rollout Obama is opening a six-week burst of fundraising for Democrats, offering an early look at how he'll frame the messy health overhaul rollout and recent government shutdown for donors and voters ahead of next year's pivotal midterm elections.

Last edited by petch751; 10-26-2013 at 12:02 PM..

Old 10-26-2013, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
And that is one of my points. People are so convinced that Obama is different, he is not. Also Reid and family are benefiting from the Obama administration money grab. He disgusts me. Pelosi the same. They are simply a thieves with a government title.

I don't care if you are democrat or republican any time a politician says the answer is higher taxes, RUN! They are greedy and they will never be satisfied and tomorrow they may consider you rich.
You got it Petch. It is all a dog and pony show.

Obamacare for example was put out via propaganda as to help all American's and divisive tactics have also been employed where it is the (poor against the middle and upper class)

The Middle and Upper Middle Class being the ones that will pay for it.

The cronies at the top implementing all this are doing no such thing to help the poor nor middle class but a favor to the rich elites at the top since it was going bankrupt.

The scum at the top want the gravy train that is Big Pharma and Big Insurance to keep going and want all American's to pitch in and pay for it rather than for costs to come down as would happen in a free market.

Here are the top Lobbyists to politicians which should be enough to tell everyone who the main benefactors will be.

Lobbying Spending Database | OpenSecrets

Top Lobbying Industries

Pharmaceuticals/Health Products $2,680,919,991
Insurance $1,882,117,777

Electric Utilities $1,770,050,116
Business Associations $1,541,783,615
Computers/Internet $1,466,656,458
Oil & Gas $1,438,433,463
Misc Manufacturing & Distributing $1,229,695,961
Education $1,229,501,578
Hospitals/Nursing Homes $1,140,240,818
TV/Movies/Music $1,112,581,948
Civil Servants/Public Officials $1,071,473,802
Securities & Investment $1,064,197,936
Real Estate $1,042,465,350
Health Professionals $1,013,373,404
Air Transport $956,939,115
Misc Issues $821,922,723
Automotive $777,914,039
Telephone Utilities $748,826,442
Telecom Services & Equipment $743,753,649
Health Services/HMOs $699,986,003

Old 10-26-2013, 11:45 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,223,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
OK. I agree with this. I still don't know what the answer is though. How do you make it more "fair". Everybody can't be wealthy. If everybody got a big enough raise to afford a Ferrari, the price of Ferraris would keep going up until very few people could afford them again. If the fed wants to keep printing money (the "if" was rhetorical) while keeping inflation relatively low, they can't let everyone have a piece of the pie. If everyone is rich, then no one is rich. That is capitalism, and that is why over time the income gap will keep rising.
If everyone could afford an actual Ferrari then the next luxury car will make the current Ferrari look like a Honda Civic, and the Honda Civic will be junk car.

And while the rich will always have the top of the line goods, if everyone was rich, everyone's standard of living will be much higher.

In other words, the poor in an era where everyone is rich will make todays poor look even poorer.

Old 10-26-2013, 11:46 AM

Quote:
The people who insist on the welfare way of life automatically disqualify themselves from any hope of building wealth. The middle class who don't understand finance and how to build wealth will continue to buy liabilities and will borrow money to buy even more liabilities. As I said previously they get caught in a rat trap.

There are people who understand that in order to grow wealth they must think and do like the rich (educate themselves in finance, buy assets-invest, build a successful business, keep educating themselves). This is the group that has a chance to become wealthy but the government grab is making it difficult for them. The truly rich will continue to grow richer regardless of Obamas propaganda.

Nothing can be done for the poor and the middle class who refuse to educate themselves and change how they view money and use money. So Obama is just selling a bunch of propaganda and the poor and middle class buy into it.

Old 10-26-2013, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Yes, there will always be a gap between the capitalist class and everyone else.
But what we have today is the government and capitalist class in one, not competing as is done in capitalism but colluding together and not allowing the markets to work as they should naturally.

The disastrous policies wrote by the capitalist class and passed off to their cronies in DC allowed them become richer (like Free Trade) but it has hurt everyone else in America. There is no Free Lunch.

American's with stagnating incomes can no longer afford the ever increasing costs of healthcare, so rather than have the costs come down as would happen in a free market, the lobbyists in the Health and Insurance Industry cry foul and want the government to prop them at our expense just like they have been doing with the financial sector.

Everyone else is taking a cut from these disastrous policies, and the few at the top do not want to take a cut when they are the ones responsible for it.

99% of Americans do not have the monetary nor political connections like the top do, when it comes to buying the government but they want to blame it all on everyone below them.

Old 10-26-2013, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
You got it Petch. It is all a dog and pony show.

Obamacare for example was put out via propaganda as to help all American's and divisive tactics have also been employed where it is the (poor against the middle and upper class). The Middle and Upper Middle Class being the ones that will pay for it.

Yes the middle class are angry and they seek out people, Obama, Reid, Pelosi who agree with their anger, who cheers them on and holds their hands straight off the cliff into poverty. A dog and pony show.

Old 10-26-2013, 12:01 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
If we gave everyone in the country the exact same amount of money in a short time you would have those who increased their wealth, maintained their wealth and those who lost it. We would not have the huge discrepancy caused by QE though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies