Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 09:33 AM

3,038 posts, read 2,514,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
What the @$@#@!%??? Don't we all have certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness? Are you telling me that the government should take these rights away so that I can't even work or do business overseas???

What kind of freedom is that?
In the 1990s we were told that it was the Global Economy and it was good. now we are told the same thing is bad.

Truth be told, the Western World has been trading with Asia and other areas since at least Marco Polo was alive. Everyone wants to act like a company doing business in China hurts America. Total nonsense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2013, 10:22 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I am angry because it means fewer jobs for people.
Then stop supporting the liberal economic ideals. Lower taxes and no minimum wage will bring thousands of companies back.

Also stop this amnesty nonsense so that you have less cheap labor to compete with.

Old 10-27-2013, 10:24 AM

8,733 posts, read 15,942,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
Since 1995 the federal government has passed over 65,000 new laws and regulations. There were over 100 regulatory agencies monitoring Wall Street when the crash hit in 2007.

Wanna tell me again about this "deregulation" LMFAO.

Sure , I said its all coming around again. Thats the way big business/Lobbyists and Politicians work. And , it will happen again and again, thats our system of Government like it or not.Actually without Pork, earmarks , and midnight legislation a lot of states would have dried up and blown away long ago. Just off the top , Ted Stravens /Alaska , he brought home more bacon than another, much in the form of regulation that helped his cronies on the Right, while many small businesses were left swing in the wind.

The laws already on the books that were there for checks and balances, including oversite , were ignored, big business was above the law, the economy ,they make their own way with untold amounts cash influence and getting laws enacted that will only favor , feather their own nest. I do not call that a level playing field, any fool can see what is going on, its not rocket science. If all was fair, then give the same breaks to small business as Big controlling corporations get.

Old 10-27-2013, 10:54 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,707,908 times
Quote:
Don't we all have certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness?
Everyone has those rights, not just those who want to work or do business overseas. Those rights often conflict with each other. Government's main purpose is to balance those rights rationally and compassionately.

Old 10-27-2013, 11:56 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Everyone has those rights, not just those who want to work or do business overseas. Those rights often conflict with each other. Government's main purpose is to balance those rights rationally and compassionately.
LOL, you made me laugh that government is supposed to be rational. I don't think they have been since the 90's.

Old 10-27-2013, 02:41 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,945,990 times
Quote:
Then stop supporting the liberal economic ideals. Lower taxes and no minimum wage will bring thousands of companies back.

Also stop this amnesty nonsense so that you have less cheap labor to compete with.
What a great idea!

I can't understand why everyone isn't for it.

We can create the kind of society that our great-great-great grandparents enjoyed in 1870 ... no minimum wage, no labor unions, no paid sick days, no paid vacations, a 10 hour work day 6 days a week, labor unions abolished, no job-killing restrictions that are designed to protect employee's safety at the work place or regulates if companies can pollute the air or poison the water in our rivers, streams and lakes.

Yes, I think we need a society where, like 1870, most people lived in poverty or near it - so that those awesome heroic multi-billionaire job creators can live in 300 room palaces so they can employ thousands of Americans to be their servants and lackeys.

Old 10-27-2013, 03:04 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,598,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
Sorry rbohm but this is not correct. For the small and medium sized business it may be, but for the Large
Multi-National Corporations, have always been making a profit, and if there are avenues to make even greater profits in Commie China, then they will do it with the $$governments blessing$$

The purpose of the US Government should be to protect the interests of all citizens and instead have sold out the majority of the American People for a few peso kickbacks.
agree. What's funny is some of the complacent ones right now will soon be posting in ten years when their kids finish college and are competing with the flood of illegals for paltry low wage jobs. It will be a tsunami of reality for some of the americans still in denial right now.

US is no longer the "greatest and mighty economy" it was in 1985. Americans with ostrich syndrome on the economy are part of the problem. A literal tidal wave of unskilled workers in US is what is planned.

Old 10-27-2013, 03:05 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,514,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
What a great idea!

I can't understand why everyone isn't for it.

We can create the kind of society that our great-great-great grandparents enjoyed in 1870 ... no minimum wage, no labor unions, no paid sick days, no paid vacations, a 10 hour work day 6 days a week, labor unions abolished, no job-killing restrictions that are designed to protect employee's safety at the work place or regulates if companies can pollute the air or poison the water in our rivers, streams and lakes.

Yes, I think we need a society where, like 1870, most people lived in poverty or near it - so that those awesome heroic multi-billionaire job creators can live in 300 room palaces so they can employ thousands of Americans to be their servants and lackeys.
Maybe you should look at Census Bureau records. before making stuff up.

Manufacturing wages increased 50% from 1865-1890. Adjusted for inflation.

Child labor was virtually non-existent in cities by 1900. Except for a few immigrant children.

Work hours dropped form 58 in 1865 to 42 by 1895.

Safety improvements came with technological advancements. They always do. Doesn't matter what govt or unions do.

And the government enforced private property rights much more than they do today. If you polluted someone else's land you got sued and lost.

And less than 3% of the workforce was unionized. Yet, millions of unionized workers left heavily unionized Europe for the non-union U.S.

You have read too much made up history. Look at Census records. No spin in those.

Old 10-27-2013, 03:40 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner
I am angry because it means fewer jobs for people.
When it was cheaper to hire overseas that is where they went. When the government takes too much they will move. If I keep taking your money what would you do? Stay away from me, avoid me right. By the same token, keep taxing them more and more and you'll lose more and more.

Or you can start your own business since you think its so easy.

Old 10-27-2013, 04:55 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,961,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
agree. What's funny is some of the complacent ones right now will soon be posting in ten years when their kids finish college and are competing with the flood of illegals for paltry low wage jobs. It will be a tsunami of reality for some of the americans still in denial right now.

US is no longer the "greatest and mighty economy" it was in 1985. Americans with ostrich syndrome on the economy are part of the problem. A literal tidal wave of unskilled workers in US is what is planned.
They say the want the right and freedom to set up shop in China off cheap Chinese Labor and then sell it back to us for major $$$profits$$$

They do not think of the consequences and harm done to this country.

What would they say if I wanted to set up a weapons deal with the leader of North Korea because I will make a lot of money. Where is my freedom to do that? Oh that's right, they are our enemy and what I would be doing would be going against the best interests of this country.

They would then say move to North Korea if you want to cozy up with North Korea and sell to them.

My response to that is, if they want to have their business in China, then sell to the Chinese.
Good luck making mega profits off your workforce that you pay a dollar a day too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies