Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 11:44 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,991,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
And yet we have so many extreme conservatives who advocate for businesses being able to pay employees the very lowest amount of money they can, fighting against minimum wage and labor laws, and also saying that the individual applying for the job actually has negotiation power
Please name those "many extreme conservatives" who advocate for businesses paying employees the lowest amount they can, et al. You've been brainwashed by Democrap propaganda.

Old 11-03-2013, 11:47 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,942,704 times
How about the 10 Most Dangerous Cities in the US....

1. Flint, MI
2. Detroit, MI
3. Oakland, CA
4. St. Louis, MO
5. Memphis, TN
6. Stockton, CA
7. Birmingham, AL
8. New Haven, CT
9. Baltimore, MD
10. Cleveland, OH

What do all these cities have in common? They are run by Democrats.

Old 11-03-2013, 12:42 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,473,283 times
Chicago too

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4

Old 11-03-2013, 12:45 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
I'm noy buying in. BS alert.
I don't like these facts! Give me some other facts!

Old 11-03-2013, 01:01 PM

774 posts, read 1,856,559 times
Default Dane_in_LA .... finally an adult! :)

Greetings my brothers and sisters ... ((LOL))

I'm ain't mad at you.
It takes time to digest information that seems contrary to what you've been led to believe. Here ... you may like this. It's science! How can you dispute or argue with science!

And just because I'm sharing some information with you doesn't mean that I'm an, "angry, liberal, black man" .... what's that old saying ... "anything you see in me, you see in yourself"?
All it just means I'm too aware to believe in that puke you've been swallowing all these years. It's 2013 folks.... time to do some evolving.

Thank Goddess that everyone won't see things exactly like I do or believe in everything I do.
Like I say... everything Conservative or Republican ain't wrong. But if you're unable to discuss like an adult ... if all you can do is oppose and throw names around ... well ... then that's the kind of "conversation" third graders have. "... you... you have snot on yer nose ... ... so thar!" I'm bored ... tired of hearing the same old retarded stuff.

C'mon folks. I'm American too. (By the way, none of you red blooded patriots have come forth with when you signed in an served...) I have faith in both my country and my countrymen and women. I'm saying we can do better than just be led like sheep to slaughter.

Tell you what... let me share with you how Europeans were able to become world leaders. No... it's genetics and not shame stuff. Quite interesting. Told by a blond haired, blue eyed guy with two Ph.D.'s:

Spencer Wells

Dane_in_LA ... I hope you enjoy it too ... if you haven't already seen it. Happy Sunday everyone!

Old 11-03-2013, 01:13 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
In Britain, the violent crime rate increased following their gun ban.

Gun crime soars by 35% | Mail Online
Yeah, in 2003 they were almost at 0.2% of the US gun homicide rate for that year. Poor defenseless buggers.

(It's not "violent crime", it's "gun crime". Including dumbass wanna-be gangstas gang members being stopped with their pathetic assortment of WWII relics.)

Old 11-04-2013, 03:18 AM

774 posts, read 1,856,559 times
Default Guns: Symptom or Cause?

I dunno about the gun issue.
Yeah ... it can be said that there are too many guns in the U.S. -- but since it's written into the Constitution, one could argue that it's a part of the culture by now and since money drives, I don't see it changing any time soon.

Plus, people are so paranoid now.
Americans are constantly told they should fear this or that... stock market crashes, their President, their neighbors, their neighbors children, their neighbors, their neighbor's dogs, car salesmen, food, sex, love, lovers ... it's insane. But look at even this short list... sorry to sound like I'm beating a dead horse.. but it's Attachment issues again.

When we're raised in ways that stunt inner self-resiliency, people feel weaker, more vulnerable, and seek to "self-sooth" with things that will reassure them. (Everything from sex to guns.)

I don't think it's an "all or nothing" thing.
How can we compare an aging, rural community where most folks have guns to protect the chickens from coyotes .. to inner city Chicago?

Wait ... maybe we can.
There may be less violence in most rural areas because ... there's less population density.
That video I posted on Social Engineering called, "
Human Resources" states that they KNOW that "designed crowded conditions cause, "designed aggression" and "designed frustration."

It's so easy to sit back and say... "oh, it's the government's fault" or some other easy answer.
"If they only put prayer back in schools, we'd all be singing Kumbya..."
"Without guns, no one would die..."

But while there's few guns in Japan... they're cutting and stabbing they hell outta each other with knives and swords! Swords.

A quick pill for coughing won't cure asthma.
It's who we are.
How we raise children ... the way we allow our egos to be massaged.
The problem is us-- not an object.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKES1nyitAg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKES1nyitAg

Old 11-04-2013, 07:35 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
I don't like these facts! Give me some other facts!
Ummm...ok. Nice cherry pick. . What "facts" am I in denial of? I have been very concise is explaining why I dispute this statistical list, which you decided to omit, in order to make this statement fit your quip. The "facts"am are, that NV only has TWO places that can be considered "urban". Obviously, the bulk of my states population resides in these. Vegas, and Reno/Sparks, which can also include Carson City, since the proximity is so close. Vegas, certainly, has crime issues, that I readily acknowledge. It's a septic tank, actually. Reno/Sparks/Carson does to. But, nowhere near Vegas. There is still a goodly number of people who live in the outlying areas of the Reno/Sparks metro. Fernely, Fallon, Yerington, and a few other, sizable bedroom communities. All of these are quiet, layed back and friendly areas. Crime is VERY low, and is mostly drug use based. The Reno area, itself, is hardly a pit of mayhem. Compared to Sacremento, it's a farm town. We, here in the Northern part of NV, consider Vegas to be an invasive extension of CA, specifically LA and it's corresponding, violent crime, is is a reflection on that. Consequently, yes, I resent my state being listed like this, because of Vegas, and its CA infection.

I feel no obligation, whatsoever, to accept these "facts"you insinuate I am in denial of. I love my state, and having it run down by someone who resides in the state that has spread its disease to us, also causes some resentment.

Old 11-04-2013, 07:39 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,719,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by italianuser View Post
Wow... all those guns are certainly making people safe

I'd love to compare their crime rates with Japan, South Korea, Western Europe, Canada and Australia's ones
these states' demographics do not resemble Japan, S. Korea, W. Europe, Canada or Australia's.

compare them to Brazil, Mexico, or the Caribbean Islands.

Old 11-04-2013, 08:05 AM

7,840 posts, read 9,193,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
LMAO...NV is #2 huh? How can a whole state be judged by ONE metro area? 95% of the bad crime happens in Vegas. Where, btw, CCW laws are more restrictive than they are here in the North. NV is a huge state, mostly very rural, and we are more dangerous, because of Vegas, than Il is because of Chicago? I'm noy buying in. BS alert.
Yeah, but don't about 95% of the people in Nevada live in and around Las Vegas? Coyotes, mustangs, cows, and sagebrush don't count.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies