Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2013, 07:51 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,750,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Note was uncalled for. However, it annoys me that some gay dudes cant even try to act normal. Lose the lisp or gay speak, lose the feminine mannerisms. You look as ridiculous as the dudes who purposely cant keep their pants up. In a professional environment, act professional. You didnt talk and act like a fairy when you were younger most likely, why do it now when your older?
no kidding. same thing with gay women. if you look like maddow, or cher's daughter, expect people to know you're gay.

Old 10-26-2013, 07:52 AM

423 posts, read 414,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafster View Post
According to these people:

Anti-gay message left for Carrabba’s server - KansasCity.com

I'd really like to see some of the homophobic nutjobs on this board respond to this.

Does give me the right to not pay a Catholic carpenter for his services to me after he/she performs them because they don't believe gays should get married?

Enough of this BS.
Sorry, but if you think this type of thing is going to ever go away, you'd be mistaken.

...and by the way, I don't believe this story for a moment. Sounds like "sympathy plant".

Old 10-26-2013, 07:53 AM

624 posts, read 939,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Because if it's on the internet it has to be true. Is it possible that this is? It's always possible but unverified internet stories are never good things to judge people on any more than assuming a waiter is gay because.........?
This was on my local news last night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
a tip is not a requirement, unless you have a large party. the people have every right not to tip. when I delivered pizzas in college, I was frequently stiffed. the biggest stiffers were blacks and wealthy whites. hispanics, and the working class whites/blacks were the best tippers. as for your bizarre statement about a carpenter, if you agreed to pay them, you would be in violation of your contract. I would suggest they take you to small claims court and get what you agreed to pay them.
Agreed that a tip is not a requirement. So why not just skip the tip and keep the bigotry to yourself? Being an ***hole is also not a requirement. They chose to be nasty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
One has to wonder just how flaming the waiter was. It sounds like this one might have gone out of his way to make sure people knew he was gay.
Quote:
that doesn't mean that their behavior wasn't over the top. there is a thing called a gaydar, and it's usually spot on.
What if the person was just naturally a little effeminate? And what if he was someone who isn't acting on his orientation, or trying to be one of those famous "ex-gays"? The customers made some big assumptions. No excuse for their behavior.

Old 10-26-2013, 07:53 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,036,001 times
Quote:
no kidding. same thing with gay women. if you look like maddow, or cher's daughter, expect people to know you're gay.
Its funny how people say they're against stereotyping yet its clear many actually try to fit certain stereotypes. This goes for most not just gay ones.

Old 10-26-2013, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slithytoves View Post
This was on my local news last night.

Agreed that a tip is not a requirement. So why not just skip the tip and keep the bigotry to yourself? Being an ***hole is also not a requirement. They chose to be nasty.

What if the person was just naturally a little effeminate? And what if he was someone who isn't acting on his orientation, or trying to be one of those famous "ex-gays"? The customers made some big assumptions. No excuse for their behavior.

I didn't say they were nice people. I normally start at 20% and go from there with tipping.

Old 10-26-2013, 07:56 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,704,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Diamond View Post
Sorry, but if you think this type of thing is going to ever go away, you'd be mistaken.
It took a long while for progress toward acceptance of racial minorities to get to where it is now (better, yet with still further to go), and it took a long while for progress toward acceptance of women in positions previous dominated by men to get to where it is now (better, yet with still further to go), so it will take quite a while for progress toward acceptance of homosexuals to get to a comparable point, and even longer to effectively "go away". Yet, it has, for many national origin minorities, so the path is clear.

Quote:
So why not just skip the tip and keep the bigotry to yourself? Being an ***hole is also not a requirement. They chose to be nasty.
I think a lot of people are beholden to a corrupted, reactionary ethos, which prompts them to do and say all manner of self-absorbed garbage.

Quote:
Many members of my church wear rainbow triangle lapel bins or other indicators of their support for LGBTQ folks. I wonder how many homophobes mistake such indicators as indicators that the wearer is gay. Ignorance runs very deep in such folks.

Old 10-26-2013, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Its funny how people say they're against stereotyping yet its clear many actually try to fit certain stereotypes. This goes for most not just gay ones.
I dress a certain way to fit into a particular stereotype. I wear leather chaps, a bullwhip, a denim shirt, and a ten gallon hat. I'm good with a lasso, and I want people to know it.

Old 10-26-2013, 07:58 AM

1,391 posts, read 1,233,454 times
Quote:
You're on the record as someone that hates liberals. Do you also hate gays or am I just assuming that because you fit the stereotype?

Old 10-26-2013, 08:03 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,036,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayid Linus View Post
You're on the record as someone that hates liberals. Do you also hate gays or am I just assuming that because you fit the stereotype?
No, but the flamboyant ones annoy me. I have to shake my head and just laugh everytime I see one.

Old 10-26-2013, 08:04 AM

1,391 posts, read 1,233,454 times
Quote:
No, but the flamboyant ones annoy me. I have to shake my head and just laugh everytime I see one.
I appreciate the honesty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies