Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2013, 03:00 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,958,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Sure, I don't agree with the tax laws, and many other laws, but the difference between me and you is that you break the laws you don't like, and I obey them.

Sorry Finn, I'm not always a go along to get along person. In the case of consuming cannabis, there are way bigger fish to fry in this country than worrying about someone smoking it on their couch in their own home.

In majority of places in US they ARE criminals. Very few states have decriminalized it. It is not a matter of opinion, it is a matter of fact.

And guess what Finn? Put me on a jury for someone who was busted for possession. Provided they didn't harm someone in the process, I'll be the juror saying "not guilty" all f***n' day!!!! It is indeed decriminalized in my state. It's still not enough though. Prohibition needs to end. Plain and simple! It's time to get out of the stone age for once! I will do my part on all levels of government to vote for candidates who respect the rights and freedoms of the individual and support repealing the Federal ban on cannabis.

OK, you are a non-violent criminal. Happy?
Nope. Again I base what is criminal on violent acts. You base what is criminal on things you don't like, or agree with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2013, 03:09 PM

13,620 posts, read 12,706,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
So let me get this straight. You don't have an axe to grind on the legalization issue, NOR do you believe they should all be thrown in jail. But you believe it should be left up to the states.

Then WHY are you in EVERY legalization/marijuana thread to date arguing against it?

You might have fooled some, but you didn't fool me. You obviously have an axe to grind which is influencing people that marijuana is bad and that it should remain illegal.

You also conveniently and strategically throw out buzz words like "criminals" and "addicts" when the issue is much, much broader than that. According to your logic, everybody that drinks wine during communion at church is an alcoholic. Anybody who consumes any alcohol, regardless of volume, is an alcoholic.

Let me just make that clear because that's exactly how your trying to label marijuana users.

If you really didn't care you wouldn't show up in EVERY thread trying to make a decision about what other free adults should consume.

I respect people who have back bone and conviction about why they feel a certain way and honestly would respect your opinion, even if different than mine, if you stood by it. But when your opinion and reasoning hold no merit, or change like the seasons, it leads me to believe that you have another agenda. Especially when you show up in EVERY marijuana thread.

Your response completely avoided the question and all that you did was defaulted to the laws that are currently in place. Which is fine, but those laws jail people. So admit that you believe people should be jailed for smoking a non-lethal plant with medicinal and recreational purposes.

Stand on something.

the bold is what he believes should be done... jail people that smoke pot definitely no if and or buts!!!

he just beats the bush to a pulp I should go dig up some of the post he made like 2 years ago nothing but hate for pot smokers.. dang some of the nicest people I've ever met are people that smoke pot.. this one couple I worked for were in there 70s and very wealthy,and were total pot heads they were like my second family.. I used to go out with them to fancy dinners and night clubs and party like happy cat

Old 10-30-2013, 03:24 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,099,219 times
Quote:
I respect most people just the way they are, but I find it difficult to respect people who disrespect the law, create excuses to justify your crimes, and insult those who abide by laws. Unfortunately that is how most pro-pot people are.
Please.

It was a law at one time that you had to grow hemp. So with your reasoning you'd proudly grow the plant if the government mandated it.

You do as you are told.

Segregation was also the law at one time as well as slavery. So I'm glad that if you were alive you would have held slaves and demanded that blacks sit in the back of the bus, eat at different diners, and stay separate from the rest of the population.

Great reasoning.

I don't know ANYBODY who has insulted those who follow the laws unless its for following unjust or stupid laws and for that I applaud them. It is THOSE people who change the world for the better and who often have much higher regard for their fellow man than those who simply follow along like sheep.

It is not an insult to question your reasoning or logic. This is a forum for debate.

Old 10-30-2013, 03:26 PM

If the government taxes marijuana too much after legalization people will just grow their own. Or go black market like they do now.

Terrible argument.

The government isn't dumb and wouldn't legalize it just to lose all their sales to illegal growers.

Do you have any more arguments Finn?

Old 10-30-2013, 03:27 PM

13,620 posts, read 12,706,732 times
Quote:
That's what I am trying to tell you. You didn't get it, and now you call me dense

that's why the price should be like 2 to 3 to $4 a gram and the black market for weed will go like the genie in a bottle.. you said the opposite, that black markets will never go away!!! i'm telling you how to kill the black market!!! if your density is like cobalt I can do nothing for you,, except suggest you smoke a joint to lighten up the density

may I suggest you go down to ST Thomas and have a stiff rum in a coconut like you said you did a couple of years ago that will lighten the load if you don't smoke a joint they have like 10 flavors of Cruzan rum now... not to mention the new captain Morgan rum factory they got enough rum to get the whole us of a drunk.. I think the first batch will be ready this year.. you sound like you need a vacation..

Old 10-30-2013, 03:42 PM

24,491 posts, read 33,224,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Nope. Again I base what is criminal on violent acts. You base what is criminal on things you don't like, or agree with.
What?

So a non-violent burglar is not a criminal?
A non-violent thief is not a criminal?
A non-violent embezzler is not a criminal?

Old 10-30-2013, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
What?

So a non-violent burglar is not a criminal?
A non-violent thief is not a criminal?
A non-violent embezzler is not a criminal?

A burglar is a criminal because he is stealing from someone. The crime is theft and causes a detriment to the victim.

A thief is a criminal because he is stealing from someone. The crime is theft and causes a detriment to the victim.

An embezzler is a criminal because he is stealing from an entity. The crime is theft and causes a detriment to the entity and/or society due to the fact that money is limited. The victim would be the entity and/or society.

Old 10-30-2013, 04:03 PM

79,908 posts, read 44,056,160 times
Quote:
If the government taxes marijuana too much after legalization people will just grow their own. Or go black market like they do now.

Terrible argument.

The government isn't dumb and wouldn't legalize it just to lose all their sales to illegal growers.
The government is dumb. What do you make of pot laws? Dumb?

Old 10-30-2013, 04:07 PM

77,013 posts, read 47,474,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
that's why the price should be like 2 to 3 to $4 a gram and the black market for weed will go like the genie in a bottle.. you said the opposite, that black markets will never go away!!! i'm telling you how to kill the black market!!! if your density is like cobalt I can do nothing for you,, except suggest you smoke a joint to lighten up the density
Who is going to force them to sell it at that price? You are telling be what the price SHOULD be, and I am giving you estimates of what it MOST LIKELY WILL BE. It will probably be extremely expensive which is why the cartels will continue their deadly business.

Old 10-30-2013, 04:14 PM

16,389 posts, read 8,477,796 times
Quote:
I did not make it personal, YOU made it personal when you made a broad generalization about everyone who smokes pot. Very short sighted imo. Especially when our current president, last 2 presidents, and forefathers enjoyed the plant. Not to mention many renown scientist, spiritual leaders, and business elite. There's people who do not use drugs who are waaay more productive than I am. It goes both ways. I try my best not to make generalizations especially on something as trivial as what they do recreationally on their own time.

Medical problems? What doesn't have health risks? What does that have to do with the argument at hand? Are cigarettes legal? Alcohol? Prescription meds with higher risk? If your making the claim that something should be made illegal due to risk, then there has to be some standard that your basing your analysis on. Your standards are all more harmful than marijuana. You have no argument in that arena.

As far as your last sentence your again making a huge assumption and a very foolish one at that. Especially since everyone does not have the same function in this world. For some creative types, innovators, CEO's, etc marijuana can actually enhance certain thought processes and lead to productive work periods. For some spiritualists, mind altering substances have been used for thousands of years to heighten awareness. Again, your trying to fit everybody into YOUR world.

I'm sorry. You don't get to choose my experience on this earth. Worry about YOUR life and what YOUR purpose is. Quit trying to control what other grown adults do in their own time when causing no harm to anyone.
I don't even know where to begin, but I will address your comment I highlighted. This society of which I am a part, says pot is illegal, and I want to keep it that way. If you want to "choose your own experience", then go somewhere on earth to where it is legal. Don't try to bring your aberrant lifestyle to my street corner.

I know there will be no middle ground with you because even if I bring up facts such as pot is a gateway drug, or that it has carcinogens, you will just defect it with denials or comparisons.

`
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies