Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2013, 08:38 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,953,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Having laws and law enforcement is really not a liberal or conservative issue, and exitence of laws is not an indicator of big government. Both sides agree laws are necessary.

Of course laws are necessary. Sensible laws, against things like murder, rape, pedophilia, burglary, assault...ect...ect...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2013, 08:45 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,691,166 times
I am still trying to figure out how a PLANT can be illegal? Is this not the stupidest thing ever? Not too many people like pot heads but what right does government have to tell GOD he made a mistake? Florida is a state of stupidity, but so is the federal government. the whole thing is just depressing.

Old 10-31-2013, 08:48 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,021,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Anyone who breaks laws willfully and habitually is a criminal, especially when we are talking about crimes serious enough to land you in prison.
No, especially nothing. Prison, local jail over night, fine or slap on the wrist it's still criminal. I also had no problem admitting some of the things I (and you) have done is a criminal activity.

Old 10-31-2013, 08:50 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,729,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
why do liberals think laws should be written based on opinion polls ?

seriously ?
Why do neocons care if I want to smoke a J in my backyard?
MYOB

Old 10-31-2013, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
I am still trying to figure out how a PLANT can be illegal? Is this not the stupidest thing ever? Not too many people like pot heads but what right does government have to tell GOD he made a mistake? Florida is a state of stupidity, but so is the federal government. the whole thing is just depressing.

I agree. And given that it was used throughout history prior to it's prohibition, it makes even less sense. Most people don't have a problem with "potheads," but there is indeed this misconception that "potheads" are automatically lazy, unclean, lack ambition...ect... This may be true for some, but they were more or less lazy in the first place. There is also a LONG list of some of the most influential and popular people in history who used the stuff. Think about music some of the music out there, and how it influenced and enhanced those artists.

Old 10-31-2013, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post
Why do neocons care if I want to smoke a J in my backyard?
MYOB

Some people sure love themselves some authority over the lives of others.

Old 10-31-2013, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Some people sure love themselves some authority over the lives of others.
We all do to one extent or the other.

Old 10-31-2013, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
We all do to one extent or the other.

My mother always told me to mind my own business. I try to do that, and not concern myself with what others consume, what hobbies they may partake in, or what 2 adults do consensually in their bedrooms, so long as it doesn't harm myself or my family. Now if your actions cause harm to myself, or my family... well then.... Houston we have a problem! Other than that.... live your life, and let others live theirs. If I don't like or agree with something someone is doing, I'm free to remove myself from the situation.

Now on the other hand, the guy in my neighborhood that was cooking meth was indeed a danger to everyone in the vicinity, as he could have created a potential bomb. Had he for example been growing cannabis, then perhaps he would have stayed under the radar. Unfortunately his horrible addiction caused quite a stir with the neighbors in the neighborhood, and eventually it led to his downfall. Now, he didn't really bother myself or my other neighbor, as he knew better, but in this instance, we're glad he is gone. Even the DEA guy that I talked to when they were cleaning out his unit said they don't even bother with pot (unless they get a call for a large amount or something) and that in the 15 years that he has been in LE he never had a problem with potheads. He said their focus is on the growing meth and heroin problems in the area, which no doubt are becoming a huge problem.

Old 10-31-2013, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
My mother always told me to mind my own business. I try to do that, and not concern myself with what others consume, what hobbies they may partake in, or what 2 adults do consensually in their bedrooms, so long as it doesn't harm myself or my family. Now if your actions cause harm to myself, or my family... well then.... Houston we have a problem! Other than that.... live your life, and let others live theirs. If I don't like or agree with something someone is doing, I'm free to remove myself from the situation.

Now on the other hand, the guy in my neighborhood that was cooking meth was indeed a danger to everyone in the vicinity, as he could have created a potential bomb. Had he for example been growing cannabis, then perhaps he would have stayed under the radar. Unfortunately his horrible addiction caused quite a stir with the neighbors in the neighborhood, and eventually it led to his downfall. Now, he didn't really bother myself or my other neighbor, as he knew better, but in this instance, we're glad he is gone. Even the DEA guy that I talked to when they were cleaning out his unit said they don't even bother with pot (unless they get a call for a large amount or something) and that in the 15 years that he has been in LE he never had a problem with potheads. He said their focus is on the growing meth and heroin problems in the area, which no doubt are becoming a huge problem.
Your level of involvement is just different than others, that doesn't mean you aren't willing to exert your authority over others.

Indeed where you draw those lines make a difference though.

Old 10-31-2013, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Your level of involvement is just different than others, that doesn't mean you aren't willing to exert your authority over others.

Indeed where you draw those lines make a difference though.

For sure. But I'm thinking in simple terms here. What's worse, the guy cooking meth, or the guy growing weed? Despite both being illegal, I base my decision on what can cause more harm to myself or my family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies