Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2013, 09:25 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,167,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Florida A.G. doing everything in her power to stop the legalization of medical marijuana
Good
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2013, 09:57 AM

77,013 posts, read 47,448,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Of course laws are necessary. Sensible laws, against things like murder, rape, pedophilia, burglary, assault...ect...ect...
Right, right, but anything which inconveniences you too much is "gastapo law", and can be violated. I got you

Old 10-31-2013, 10:05 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,953,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Right, right, but anything which inconveniences you too much is "gastapo law", and can be violated. I got you

I take issue with things that violate of my individual liberties, BS nanny laws like prohibition (which is about the biggest one) and so-called do-gooders who tend to be hypocrites themselves, telling me what I can and cannot do in my life when I've not harmed others in the process.

Old 10-31-2013, 10:13 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,691,166 times
Personally I hate the smell of burning cannabis buds and leaves, but I also hate the smell of tobacco leaves burning. Yet I still grow tobacco in my garden, and use it for an insecticide. If legal you bet I would grow all three types of cannabis, sativa, indica and ruderalis. You can also be sure I would use it for making fibers, diesel and for cooking. But if any "pot" smokers come near my home I will send them away. While I am 100% against drug dealers I believe that drugs in themselves are simply chemicals that cannot hurt anyone. And a plant? Poison ivy is legal and far worse. Legalization cuts profits from drug dealers and is the only way to end the crime, and violence from the thugs who profit. Of course, the government is addicted to the black money from drug money laundering. Portugal relaxed its drug war and the results were better than expected. Only a worldwide legalization of drugs can finally crush the violent, vicious drug cartels. If you want to be tough on drug dealers you need to be for legalization. Otherwise you are just enriching them.

Remember the Ethiopian Zion Coptic Church? I found the personality of Brother Louv totally disgusting, and that is the type of community I really hate. Yet their use of cannabis in my opinion should have been legal. If it was they never would have been able to afford the Star Island home or those high powered lawyers. Just because I found hippies tasteless, I am not stupid enough to fall for the Anslinger zenophobia and Reefer Madness scare tactics. As mentioned before, there are millions of hard working people who are clean cut but marijuana users. Oh and unlike alcohol, a plate of "brownies" seems to bring out the fun side of people.

Old 10-31-2013, 10:16 AM

Quote:
I take issue with things that violate of my individual liberties, BS nanny laws like prohibition (which is about the biggest one) and so-called do-gooders who tend to be hypocrites themselves, telling me what I can and cannot do in my life when I've not harmed others in the process.
Tens of thousands of people have been murdered in drug trade which you support, so let's not pretend it does not harm anyone. People buying ivory and rhino horn say they don't harm anyone either, but at the same time people wonder where all the elephants and rhinos disappeared. They were killed to satisfy the buyers, so yes those harmless buyers are a part of the problem, just like you are a part of the drug problem.

Old 10-31-2013, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
Personally I hate the smell of burning cannabis buds and leaves, but I also hate the smell of tobacco leaves burning. Yet I still grow tobacco in my garden, and use it for an insecticide. If legal you bet I would grow all three types of cannabis, sativa, indica and ruderalis. You can also be sure I would use it for making fibers, diesel and for cooking. But if any "pot" smokers come near my home I will send them away. While I am 100% against drug dealers I believe that drugs in themselves are simply chemicals that cannot hurt anyone. And a plant? Poison ivy is legal and far worse. Legalization cuts profits from drug dealers and is the only way to end the crime, and violence from the thugs who profit. Of course, the government is addicted to the black money from drug money laundering. Portugal relaxed its drug war and the results were better than expected. Only a worldwide legalization of drugs can finally crush the violent, vicious drug cartels. If you want to be tough on drug dealers you need to be for legalization. Otherwise you are just enriching them.

Remember the Ethiopian Zion Coptic Church? I found the personality of Brother Louv totally disgusting, and that is the type of community I really hate. Yet their use of cannabis in my opinion should have been legal. If it was they never would have been able to afford the Star Island home or those high powered lawyers. Just because I found hippies tasteless, I am not stupid enough to fall for the Anslinger zenophobia and Reefer Madness scare tactics. As mentioned before, there are millions of hard working people who are clean cut but marijuana users. Oh and unlike alcohol, a plate of "brownies" seems to bring out the fun side of people.

Well said tallrick. Our government certainly isn't squeaky clean when it comes to war on drugs. Not to mention none of the execs from big banks suspected of laundering drug money for the cartels were ever prosecuted.

Old 10-31-2013, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Tens of thousands of people have been murdered in drug trade which you support, so let's not pretend it does not harm anyone. People buying ivory and rhino horn say they don't harm anyone either, but at the same time people wonder where all the elephants and rhinos disappeared. They were killed to satisfy the buyers, so yes those harmless buyers are a part of the problem, just like you are a part of the drug problem.

Your own words explain exactly why prohibition is wrong! Again, my consuming or purchasing a small amount of cannabis for my own personal use has not caused the murder of anyone. But OK Finn, I'll play ball, we outsource thousands of jobs overseas to China and India to people who work in deplorable conditions, which violate every single human right possible, so that we can buy all of that high tech crap for cheap. But I suppose that's OK, right?

Old 10-31-2013, 10:25 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,691,166 times
Quote:
Well said tallrick. Our government certainly isn't squeaky clean when it comes to war on drugs. Not to mention none of the execs from big banks suspected of laundering drug money for the cartels were ever prosecuted.
Yes, Wachovia was so involved in it that I switched my business account to another bank. I get tired of the Fascists saying we need protection from drug pushers, but who profit from it. If a pot smoker plants a backyard full of cannabis and harvests/smokes it who does it hurt? Does it benefit the drug lords? No, it hurts no one.

Old 10-31-2013, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
Yes, Wachovia was so involved in it that I switched my business account to another bank. I get tired of the Fascists saying we need protection from drug pushers, but who profit from it. If a pot smoker plants a backyard full of cannabis and harvests/smokes it who does it hurt? Does it benefit the drug lords? No, it hurts no one.

This type of hypocrisy is EXACTLY the reason I cannot support prohibition of cannabis, and tend to "look the other way" when someone get's nabbed for possession. Don't let me be a member of a jury for someone who is being tried for possession, or cultivation. Then again, I'd probably be one of those "weeded" out. That's fine, it only further shows the hypocrisy of the establishment.

Old 10-31-2013, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Again, my consuming or purchasing a small amount of cannabis for my own personal use has not caused the murder of anyone.
Your purchases have been a part of the supply chain where people are murdered. I am sorry you don't see that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies